Weird Problem

dmatthew

Non-League
18 August 2005
So I have been playing PES5 problem free over the past few weeks and then all of a sudden the game crashes when I enter the formation screen during the game.

I read about how moving the replays from folder 1 will help eliminate this problem and it did.

Now, I used to be able to run the game smoothly in windowed mode, not it's all choppy and I have to run it in full screen mode.

I have no patches installed whatsoever, been running everything stock so far (waiting for the super patch 8))

My Specs are:
Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
1 gig Ram
120gb HD
ATI Radeon x800 AGP

thanks to anyone who can recommend some sort of fix

My ABit motherboard used to do that all the time with PES3 until i changed it .Not suggesting that that is your problem but i will never touch another Abit motherboard again .I take it you have tried re-installing it again ?

Haven't tried reinstalling yet

I wanted to wait and see if there was a 'quick fix' so to speak

but it seems that I eventually have to reinstall

oh well

its ur optionfile m8, happened 2 me a few weeks back, jus replaced my option file with an earlier version and it worked

hrmm interesting. but i just recently won the premiership and also won all the cups so far

not to mention the other goodies i bought from the PES Shop

so i have to delete my option file? :(

I always back up my original files so i have the original option file if you want it . You dont have to delete it straight away , simply stick it in another folder out the way and see if running the original solves your problem

I did move the replays (as stated in my first post) and this helped with respect to the game not crashing

but now the game stutters in window mode
I'm going to try reinstalling the damn thing in the next few days - i can live with playing full screen at the moment :)

Back
Top Bottom