Well, it looks like PES 2010 in, FIFA 10 out for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvnineties

Banned
18 April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FC Porto
First and foremost I want to apologize to everyone in my earlier posts where I wrote how bad PES 10 was and how good FIFA 10 was. I pretty much ignored PES 10 after I started playing FIFA 10. I never bought a copy instead played a DEMO which for some reason I didn't like and focused my time entirely to FIFA.

Well, last night I had some extra cash with me and bought PES 2010 for my slim PS3. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I knew I probably won't feel the fluidity and realism that FIFA 10 offers and then went and played some ONLINE matches and was just AMAZED :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

I won't say FIFA 10 is a bad game now, it's still better than PES 10 when it comes to fluidity, freedom and the 360 deg movement ( reminds me of Football Kingdom). But in all honesty PES 2010 is a TRUE FOOTBALL SIMULATION gameplay. Now, I really have hard time understanding why FIFA 10 got such high scores and PES 10 got 7, 7.5 while FIFA got 9/10, or 9.5/10 etc.

- What I do like in PES 10 is the pitch size. Now, I realize that FIFA 10 pitches need to be completely re-designed. PES 10 stadiums are just better, look better, feel better, and the size is nearly PERFECT compared to FIFA 10. One thing that always bugged me was when taking a CK, in FIFA 10 the goal would be so close it's not even funny. RIDICULOUS. So, the pitch size is way better in PES 10.

- GAMEPLAY is about ten million times better than in FIFA 10. After playing PES 10 (after such a long break from PES/WE on PS2)it reminded me how good KONAMI are for producing such a great gameplay that mimics exactly how the game is played on the real football pitch. It is the gameplay whats keeping PES/WE alive. If it wasn't for this beautiful gameplay PES/WE would instantly died.

- I don't know why people complain about online game, but so far every single online match was really fluit with minimal lag. I love it. Online menu is more user-friendly than in FIFA 10. I just cannot get enough of online play that my girlfriend is starting to be upset at me lol.

- I don't know what to do here now. I have this weird type of OCD and how I look at things and how things should be judged and looked upon. I do like FIFA 10 for its freedom and fluidity but I'm having MORE FUN playing PES 10. More FUN = BETTER GAMEPLAY for me I guess.

I cannot play two football games and be happy. It's just not me. It only has to be one that I play and enjoy. So I'll see what happens with FIFA10, I'll play it from time to time but my heart and soul is with PES 10.

(Perfect example guys)

FIFA 10 is something that you can fantasize about like having Pam Anderson if you're in a relationship. Sure, you'd like to play with Pam's twins and all, but your heart and soul is with your wife and you know how real this chemistry, connection is.

If anyone is looking to fire up some good online games, add me please: bunnywhi7e. I come on mostly after 9pm Eastern US time.

I do hate playing every match vs ManUTD, Barca, Real etc. So my preference UEFA CUP teams possibly or some lower ranked FIFA teams.

Cheerz!:APPLAUD:

epicfailurethumbnail.jpg

It's like wanking or fucking,you get to unload with both but with Fifa you get the tits and blow job..Unless your jaygrim and you get to rub your own tits and he gives the bloke a blow job.:P

Wow, only took 14 posts to take a pes better then fifa thread into the gutter. And we haven't even started arguing about the games yet :D

Great job guys! Can't wait till next year's war.

I do like FIFA 10 for its freedom and fluidity but I'm having MORE FUN playing PES 10. More FUN = BETTER GAMEPLAY for me I guess.

That's what it's all about in my opinion. I've spent a few weeks with Fifa10 and I'm back playing PES2010 again and appreciating it even more for the things it does so well. It's my go-to football game as it feels more like a real football match, even if Fifa looks and moves more realistically. Fifa is ruined by the over-physicality of the gameplay and the over-affective pressing game, plus a lack of individuality. The shooting in PES is more rewarding and the ability to go past players with the d-pad without having to hold down numerous modifier buttons are the two biggest reasons why, for me, PES is much more fun. It's a simpler game but much more playable.

Personally, I had a couple of really fun games of FIFA 09 yesterday.

The first was exactly the sort of tactical experience it's impossible to engender in FIFA 10. I set my TuS Koblenz team up to stay compact away at Duisburg, battled through with a defensive mentality to keep it 0-0 at HT, then in the second half stung them twice on the break with a substitute coming on to create both goals. I actually felt in control of my defenders, actually felt that I could implement a gameplan and influence the structure and organisation of my team unlike the loose muddle that is FIFA 10.

Perhaps the same thing is possible in PES 2010, I didn't play it long enough to find out, but I wouldn't be able to get over the lack of Manual controls. Pretty satisfied with FIFA 09 for the moment.

This year has been rubbish for football games but I will still take Fifa 10 over PES 2010. Its all opinions at the end of the day, mine is Fifa 10 provides more fun for me than PES2010 but none of them provide more fun than COD:MW2

Last edited:
- GAMEPLAY is about ten million times better than in FIFA 10. After playing PES 10 (after such a long break from PES/WE on PS2)it reminded me how good KONAMI are for producing such a great gameplay that mimics exactly how the game is played on the real football pitch. It is the gameplay whats keeping PES/WE alive. If it wasn't for this beautiful gameplay PES/WE would instantly died.

if you weren't a complete tool you'd be playing J.League Winning Eeleven 2009 Club Championship on PS2 instead of PES2010 on PS3.

Fucking casuals.

if you weren't a complete tool you'd be playing J.League Winning Eeleven 2009 Club Championship on PS2 instead of PES2010 on PS3.

Fucking casuals.

Wait, are you saying we ALL are tools because we are playing PES 10 ? My avatar says a lot. That's what I think was the best footie game of all times including gameplay and everything else in it. And fyi. I don't even have PS2 anymore. For you, it's sad that you have to go back 3-4 yrs ago to enjoy a football game.

Fucking casuals.

Casuals?! I still play PONG, you're the casual! :P

Actually I don't, and with all the good storybased games out, and to be released next year, I'm not sure I will even be playing either again.

I'm actually giving up on FIFA 10 for the year. I have tried my hardest to like the game but it truly sucks in many ways.

Response time sucks, the AI likes to score 90th minute goals no matter what team you are and your formation, can't get good headers on frame, crossing sucks, you get run over all around the pitch and on and on.

Don't know if I will PES 10 - but I think I will send FIFA back to EA Canada with a well worded letter. It's sad really after 2 good years.

No, he's right.
I know that, I wasn't saying the post was wrong... just that the sudden extreme change in views doesn't make him look very smart... going from "FIFA is better in every aspect" etc to this is just ridiculous.

PES is no doubt a more realistic game than FIFA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just cos PES is still on rails and the manual passing in it is terrible. The animations are a massive let down too but the A.I is pretty damn realistic imo.

It's just cos PES is still on rails and the manual passing in it is terrible. The animations are a massive let down too but the A.I is pretty damn realistic imo.

Yep, if PES just had:
360 degree movement
Fluid, realistic animations
Fully manual controls (optional)
Lower leagues

It would shit all over FIFA from a massive height, you get the feeling that the developers understand football rather than just watching and trying to mimic it like EA... Hard to explain but PES just feels more like football.

That said, I wouldn't play PES 10 when I own the far superior PES5.

What I love about PES is that the A.I can properly take the piss sometimes :LOL: Like, they'll pass it along the back 4 and then just burst into life and you just think, "Fuck, I could have closed him down quicker then he wouldn't have been able to pass to him and he wouldn't have enough time on the ball..." etc. It makes you play football. Fifa makes you play Fifa.

Can I ask, with a totally open mind, after playing FIFA 10 and enjoying the physical interaction, how you can get used to PES?

All I can remember in PES 2010 was being locked behind an opposition player while holding X and not being able to shove him off the ball, or even get around him. All I did was slow walk for the entire length of the field. That really pissed me off!

Secondly, response times, they're really bad sometimes. Totally ruin the experience when you see a gap and you don't pass because theres button lag or animation lag. Not as bad as FIFA 08, but getting there!

I dunno, I can't get anything out of PES 2010, its so frustrating sometimes.

pes10 is more scripted than Fifa10 and my 1/2 ML in pes2010 was my last adventure with pes2010 this year.Playing whole year with AI in pes10 or Fifa10 is impossible and was never a game with AI which would allow to play more than 1-2 months.

Fifa10 this year king definitely. Online gameplay in Fifa10 simple crushes everything what we have in pes2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom