What are you listening to?

Currently listening to some Sergio Sylvestre, the guy has a notable voice IMO:

(well, this is the third song of his in a row, I started with "Big boy" which perfectly matches yesterday's mood. 😄 )

The GOAT's new album. Back2Back on Repeat!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2Feminem-music-to-be-murdered-by-album-stream-01.jpg

The GOAT's new album. Back2Back on Repeat!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2Feminem-music-to-be-murdered-by-album-stream-01.jpg
I can't stop listening to this particular track for the last few days.
Great instrumental,very nice catchy hook from Paak and Em's flow is just so smooth.Not to mention the lyrics with all them double entendres..
This man is nearly 50 fucking years old and still killing it.
A truly masterful MC.

Great instrumental,very nice catchy hook from Paak and Em's flow is just so smooth.Not to mention the lyrics with all them double entendres..
This man is nearly 50 fucking years old and still killing it.
A truly masterful MC.

Yeah man, Andersoon .Pack is such a great artist. Specially for hooks. That one is a banger man.
The hook on No Regrets is dope as well!
Em is one of the best artists to ever live, I don't care what anybody says.

Great instrumental,very nice catchy hook from Paak and Em's flow is just so smooth
Damn..
To be perfectly honest with yall - I stopped paying attention to eminem few years back. Last few albums and tracks with Rihanna, Ed Sheeran and whatnot was just too much for me.
Someone said eminem became feminem, which I kinda agree on.
I get that some like this new Em, but IMO he lost his magic along with the anger that he was full of at the start.
Having said that - this track and its instrumental is fucking deadly, so I might just give the whole album a go.
Thanks for that.

Damn..
To be perfectly honest with yall - I stopped paying attention to eminem few years back. Last few albums and tracks with Rihanna, Ed Sheeran and whatnot was just too much for me.
Someone said eminem became feminem, which I kinda agree on.
I get that some like this new Em, but IMO he lost his magic along with the anger that he was full of at the start.
Having said that - this track and its instrumental is fucking deadly, so I might just give the whole album a go.
Thanks for that.

I think the last two albums (Kamikaze and Music To Be Murdered By) are amazing.
Specially MTBMB, Top 3 for me. I wasn't feeling it at first. But after the 3rd time I played the whole album it clicked and it's been on repeat eversince.

1- The Eminem Show
2- Marshall Mathers LP
3- Music To Be Murdered By.

Oh yeah, I'm a Stan...

I think the last two albums (Kamikaze and Music To Be Murdered By) are amazing.
Specially MTBMB, Top 3 for me. I wasn't feeling it at first. But after the 3rd time I played the whole album it clicked and it's been on repeat eversince.

1- The Eminem Show
2- Marshall Mathers LP
3- Music To Be Murdered By.

Oh yeah, I'm a Stan...
Marshall Mathers LP would have to be first for me. Surprised you didnt mention Slim Shady LP, which would be on my second. Songs like "Bad meets Evil", "Still dont give a fuck", "Guilty Conscience", or "Rock Bottom" were brilliant imo.
These two albums, together with both D12 (especially Devils Night album, which I would probably vote my favourite rap album of all time, going by the time spent with it), were when eminem was properly tuned in to my taste. Was mixing it up with 2pac, Dr Dre, Ice Cube and a bit of 50.
Till this day I havent found any artist that would fit into that "era".

Marshall Mathers LP would have to be first for me. Surprised you didnt mention Slim Shady LP, which would be on my second. Songs like "Bad meets Evil", "Still dont give a fuck", "Guilty Conscience", or "Rock Bottom" were brilliant imo.
These two albums, together with both D12 (especially Devils Night album, which I would probably vote my favourite rap album of all time, going by the time spent with it), were when eminem was properly tuned in to my taste. Was mixing it up with 2pac, Dr Dre, Ice Cube and a bit of 50.
Till this day I havent found any artist that would fit into that "era".

Woah! I didn't know you were a fan as well, mate. That makes me love you even more :LOVE:
I love the SSLP too, but I think he was still trying to figure out what he wanted to sound like.
Devil's Night is such a great album. I miss D12 so much. I miss Proof. I play their albums regularly, on a monthly basis.
The Bad Meets Evil (The Sequel) is also mad. Royce is a great lyricist.

You have to give MTBMB a fair chance. The production on this album is among the best in his discography, and it's also a very good album on a technical level. But you have to pay attention. It's not the kind of album that you can listen to while watching TV with your dog (with some very questionable socks on...).

Oh yea, big big fan. Especially his early, angry stage. Altho - I can fully understand his career. We are usually getting less angry with age.. :LOL:

I also really enjoyed 2Pac/Eminem spin-off - 'Loyal to the Game' album. Some savage songs in there.

I wish D12 made more albums. It seems like nothing was going their way at some point. Whenever possibility of another album came up - something was fucking things up.. Proof's death was final nail to D12 coffin. Im still following Kuniva and Bizzare on twitter. Seems like they are doing few bits on the side.
[...] with some very questionable socks on..
:LOL:
That bit took me completely by surprise & made me spit my drink. :LOL:

It is not a cover by Cradle of Filth, but it was distributed as it was, 17 years ago on Kazaa and Limewire/Frostwire, for the old school guys!! :P :P

Oh yea, big big fan. Especially his early, angry stage. Altho - I can fully understand his career. We are usually getting less angry with age.. :LOL:

I also really enjoyed 2Pac/Eminem spin-off - 'Loyal to the Game' album. Some savage songs in there.

I wish D12 made more albums. It seems like nothing was going their way at some point. Whenever possibility of another album came up - something was fucking things up.. Proof's death was final nail to D12 coffin. Im still following Kuniva and Bizzare on twitter. Seems like they are doing few bits on the side.

:LOL:
That bit took me completely by surprise & made me spit my drink. :LOL:

Big fan of Pac here too man.
He was a fucking poet.
His "R U Still Down?" album is a masterpiece. But so are "Me Against The World" and "All Eyez On Me".
I liked "Loyal To The Game" as well, although you could tell they messed too much with the vocals (to make them fit the beat and stuff).
The movie "Resurrection" gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it.

I think at this point, we need to add @MafiaMurderBag into this little convo.

Big fan of Pac here too man.
He was a fucking poet.
His "R U Still Down?" album is a masterpiece. But so are "Me Against The World" and "All Eyez On Me".
I liked "Loyal To The Game" as well, although you could tell they messed too much with the vocals (to make them fit the beat and stuff).
The movie "Resurrection" gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it.

I think at this point, we need to add @MafiaMurderBag into this little convo.
Have you seen "his" performance at Coachella?? That gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.. cant believe it was one-time gig and they never made it again.. I'd love to see him even as a hologram..

Guys - thank you for your posts up above. Faith in Em fully restored.
Im loving MTBMB and dont remember last album where Id love so many songs.

I was driving to work and "Godzilla" song came up.. When he started spitting bullets at the end - I was smiling like a baby.. I thought only Busta Rhymes can do shit like that.. fair play to him!

..He almost lost it, but then he reached back-back and got it!
tenor (22).gif

Have you seen "his" performance at Coachella?? That gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.. cant believe it was one-time gig and they never made it again.. I'd love to see him even as a hologram..

Sorry, I missed this one before.
Yeah of course I've seen this one. It's crazy.
It should be a regular show at Las Vegas or something!

I was driving to work and "Godzilla" song came up.. When he started spitting bullets at the end - I was smiling like a baby.. I thought only Busta Rhymes can do shit like that.. fair play to him!

View attachment 31233

Lock It Up is crazy! That hook is fire!
To be honest, Godzilla and Those Kinda Nights are the songs I like the least (still good though!). The rest of the album is just top 3 for me!

I'm glad mate!

Ok since all you throw me back to my youth :) i will post my most favourite best of the best track of Cypress Hill. Although i love the 90% of their songs, this one is, which i like the most as a whole package, music, lyrics, flow, etc.. And despite coming from a disc 'Stoned Raiders" that was most of Nu-metal songs.

Here's a track from underground legends R.A. the Rugged Man and Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks.
Sick instrumental,sick lyrics and flows and a fucked up video. :D
These guys are so much better than some of these talentless mainstream ''rappers'' of today or even before.
Just to think that fucking Gucci Gang has billions of views repeating the same fucking two words for the whole song..and gems like these are stuck under the radar..Oh well..people who like real rap and care enough to search will find them anyway i guess.

View attachment 31233

There is still some way to go for Em’ in terms of his best records, but I must say - to be able to spit and show some relevance after that many records? Damn... I’m surprised nobody mentions Darkness. An incredible song with some crazy switches throughout the song. No... It’s not Stan, but to be able to make a song like that at 47. Damn… What an artist.

I haven’t followed an artist that much, as I do with Eminem and I will probably never will again. I am heavily biased - No doubt about that, but Eminem isn’t just a reflection of problematic language. He is not just relevant because of millions of fans. He is because although there is longer in between nowadays, there are still songs where he is incomparable. Yes, he has less to say - But when there is something to say he is at another level - Still.

And again... Nobody sounds like him. That is a clear advantage in rap music.

Actually, I feel some of his records are very very very underrated. Especially Recovery I see as a masterpiece. I never understood why he was criticized so much for that one. There are some clear misses (overall) but nevertheless, I still have songs on every album that I would enjoy today.

• The Marshall Mathers LP
  • The Eminem Show
  • The Marshall Mathers LP 2
  • Recovery
  • Music To Be Murdered By
  • Kamikaze
  • Slim Shady LP
  • Encore
  • Relapse
  • Revival

Back
Top Bottom