What are you listening to?

MIGUEL, my friend, you have taste. The EXACT same band; but not the same song. I'm listening to a few songs from their latest album - that and Bloc Party's (although I'm not liking it too much so far).

Timbaland's Shock Value album is pretty good.
Listen to it, people.

Miles Davis - Agartha
best dance music ever...

Zita Swoon - Selfish Girl

Gainsbarre - Mickey Maousse

J'ai un Mickey Maousse
Un gourdin dans sa housse
J'ai un Mickey Maousse
et quand on le secousse
il mousse...

The Clash: everything...but Clampdown is their best...

Last edited:
JB, Maxïmo Park is really one of my favourite bands right now. I had never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago, so I'm a quite recent fan. Anyway, I'm really pleased with their albums, and their last one is quite good. Our Velocity is a great song, but still I think my favourite album is A Certain Trigger. I'm really fond of songs like Apply Some Pressure, Postcard Of A Painting, Going Missing or The Coast Is Always Changing. :)

Another band I've listened a lot to is Klaxons. Damn, I can't get bored of their album! :eek:

Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet

By the way, added you as a friend at Last.fm, Stefano. :D

Last edited:
Really loving 'Our Velocity' by Maximo Park. Klaxons' album is also great! Muse is also up there(IM GOING TO SEE THEM AT THE FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL IN JAPAN!!!!). But nothing beats Brianstorm by Arctic Monkeys (SEEING THEM IN 2 WEEKS!!!!)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, All of em...
The Velterelles, what I can find...
Leonard Cohen, As always...
Nick Cave, In all his guise's....
The Little Bicycles and stuff like that, Shonen Knife never far away from me either...

Not a pop fan ;)

Manu Chao - Mentira

Manu Chao is a living Legend im glad to be alive in h is time Revolutionary music...even though im not Portuguese, Spanish or French but his music made me want to learn one of these languages one day:)

I've been listening a lot to the last album of Maxïmo Park and I've completely changed my opinion about it. I simply love it, I've been listening to it again and again. It's awesome. I'm addicted to both Girls Who Play Guitars and Our Velocity. What a band. :eek:

Apart from Maxïmo Park, there's always:

Editors - Munich

Interpol - Obstacle 1

I've been listening a lot to the last album of Maxïmo Park and I've completely changed my opinion about it. I simply love it, I've been listening to it again and again. It's awesome. I'm addicted to both Girls Who Play Guitars and Our Velocity. What a band. :eek:

Apart from Maxïmo Park, there's always:

Editors - Munich

Interpol - Obstacle 1

King of the Bongos....:D

Love the new Arctic Monkeys album.

Death Cab For Cutie - The Sound of Settling / Tiny Vessels / Transatlanticism

What an amazing album. Love it. :D

I'd better get the new Artic Monkeys album soon, then... :p

Slayer - Christ Illusion
Human League - Travelogue
Feederz - Ever Feel Like Killing Your Boss
Killing Joke - Killing Joke
Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Rodeo Tandem Beat Specter
Ultravox - Ha HA Ha

All on my MP3 player at the moment.

Timbaland - Oh Timbaland

Great song imo. Nina Simone's Sinnerman is one of my all time favourites so you know why I like the song so much.

http://www.poetlaureateinfinity.com/

Here’s the 1000 bar, multi-layered, infinite track from ‘Bis, "Poet Laureate Infinity."

The website is pretty cool. he has the mixing board on the site so that you can mix the 5 layers!

Mixing Board Operation:
ALLOW 2-3mins FOR VOCALS TO LOAD
PRESS PLAY ON LOWER RIGHT PANEL
ADJUST MASTER VOLUME
SELECT "S" FOR SOLO ON ALL 5 VOCAL CHANNELS
ADJUST CHANNEL FADERS TO HEAR 1 LAYER AT A TIME
SELECT BEAT OF CHOICE
THE BEAT CAN BE FAST SWITCHED BY SOLO OR MUTE BUTTONS

DARTZ! - This Is My Ship

Superb album - they're an interesting mix between indie and pop-punk and part of a wave of bands that are tipped to be massive this year as a mish mash of genres labled 'indiemo' (others are Kids in Glass Houses, I Was A Cub Scout, Tellison.. etc).

Siddharta - Indija

This is a song from their first album Id and they played it for the first time in many years on the concert they had on Friday. One of my favourite Siddharta songs.

Leonard Cohen, As always...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

led zeppelin - remasters
thin lizzy - jailbreak
afterhours - hai paura del buio
def leppard - hysteria
madredeus - o' espirito da paz
leonard cohen - dear heather
fabrizio de andrè - creuza de mà
giacomo puccini - tosca
charlie parker and miles davis - a night in tunisia

Last edited:
I'm desperate for a new band/album I can really get into. Maximo Park and Bloc Party's last albums were okay, but nothing really great. I'm waiting for something to come along and really make me listen to it. The last time I had that was with The Fratellis, and before that it was The Subways.

So then I saw Flawless's post - I looked up the Dartz MySpace page, and I love that first song, "Once Twice Again"! It's about time there was something out there that sounded a bit different. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to get their album sometime.

On the Arctic Monkeys, I've never understood why people like them... I've got a group of five close friends and they all think they're poor as well, and yet everyone else we know thinks they're out of this world... There was a joke on Time Trumpet that had me pissing myself - they're 40 years in the future, asking people about the 2000s, and this guy says "oh wow, do you remember the Arctic Monkeys?! Wow, they were really, really, okay! They were just so alright, weren't they?!" That's exactly how I feel - they're not terrible but they're nothing special either. :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom