• Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

total

International
10 December 2005
Slovenia
Arsenal/OGC Nice
Ok, here's a little poll for all of you. What browser do you use?

I am a proud user of Firefox. :salute:

Have been IE for ages but im making the switch to Firefox.

DJ

Firefox, have been since it was phoenix.

I also use IE7 at work to test things.

firefox user,love the custonmisation of it like footiefox nice one there cheers

I'm still with Opera, more out of the box than FireFox and does everything I need. I'm glad people are using FireFox instead of IE though.

Firefox.......but I'm finding a few things a bit annoying...

It takes a bit of time to load up. When viewing some pages, especially forums, it pauses for a bit. Also, when you have a few pages open in the tabs, it takes up a lot of memory and resources and slows the computer down :(

Are there fixes for this?

I'm using Firefox and I too have had some memory issues on this forum and any others that use vBulletin as its forum software. There are times where it uses an excessive amount of RAM (>100MB) when there's only 1 or 2 browser windows open :|

Apparently the Firefox dev team know about this issue and are supposed to be fixing it for the next release.

I use firefox and I love it, with regards to ur prob rocky I once had a similar one. It was a conflicting extension that was causing the issues so I had to test each one till I found out which one was casuing it. Can't remember which one it was though sorry :(

I think that Fasterfox extension causes a bit of a problem but I still get problems on sites that use a vBulletin forum. Having said that I just remembered that whenever I access this site in uni on IE, it hangs for about 30 seconds before the Java 2 platform icon appears in the system tray, so it could be a Java-related issue. :|

I use Firefox, with the IE Tab extesion.
One thing I hate is the Flash, how do you use it on Mozilla, I always have to use IE.

There shouldn't be any problems with Flash now, just go to www.macromedia.com and install flash and shockwave players. Back in the old days of Phoenix/Firebird you had to manually set up Flash, now that was a pain.

The memory issue is simply firefox caching the pages you've visited so it can jump back through them quickly.

Back
Top Bottom