What do you all do with freekicks?

Zain Mastron

Non-League
30 July 2006
PES 6 freekicks are impossible. I know some people score off freekicks, but the old days of PES 4 and 5 freekicks actually meaning something have passed (for me at least). So I was wondering what do other people like me who couldn't score a freekick to save their mother do when you get a freekick just outside the area?

I use the L1+R1 to call the 2nd player, and then press L1+X and fill up the power bar until the middle and then press R2 to place it on the furthest corner from the keeper(with a player with good shoot power and accuracy). They either go in or I get a corner kick.

Pick the opposite corner to where the keeper is, fill the pwer bar to half-way, then hold left or right depending. I don't score many, but i score more than anyone i know.

Pick the opposite corner to where the keeper is, fill the pwer bar to half-way, then hold left or right depending. I don't score many, but i score more than anyone i know.

I think the discussion was intended to be a bit more in-depth than that, to be honest. I mean, you are correct for sure, but anyone who has ever seen a freekick will know that is what you do. ;)

As for me, I hate PES6 FKs, period. They ruined the good base they had with PES5/WE9, instead of nuancing it with more realistic behaviors etc.

He asked what people do when they get a free kick just outside the area.

I told him what i do.

ok?

i don't face the goal i will face about a yard or 2 to the right or left (depending where he is standing) then press

:square: and fill just over half-way ( this is for a 25-35 yard free kick

then press :triangle: straight after you have let go of :square:

then while the balls in flight press left/right (again depending on where the keepers standing)

Try it in training and you will get the hang out it.

hope that was some help :D

He asked what people do when they get a free kick just outside the area.

I told him what i do.

ok?

I meant no disrespect. Just that it seemed like a reduntant answer since he seemed to already have tried all of the conventional methods and was lookng for a special trick or something. Anyway, sorry if I came off harsh. :)

all u need to do reeli is get the power bar right and accuracy right..i use r2 to place and if the player lyk has a run up i jus hold arrow up and r1 and power bar jus a lil over half way!!

It's triangle or x, instead of r1 or r2?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are quite hard compared to pes 4/5

The closer to the penalty area though, the easier. I've mastered a new technique whereby i do a 'low cross' by holding down and pressing cirle to put it under the wall when they jump. This usually catches the keeper off guard and runs straight into the net with him standing still. Needs to be 18-19m out to work most times

aim at the opposite side of goal to the keeper, push down on the analog stick and then shoot, when you get the hang of the right time to stop the shot power bar, your can gurantee it goes in.

It just lofts of over the wall, but with enough pace to beat the keeper.

aim at the opposite side of goal to the keeper, push down on the analog stick and then shoot, when you get the hang of the right time to stop the shot power bar, your can gurantee it goes in.

It just lofts of over the wall, but with enough pace to beat the keeper.

i found that this infact dosent work too often, 3/10.. but its more than i was scoring before.

Try using L1+R1 then L1+X to your player, kick in the keeper's side with power, in 80% of the times i do this right, it turns into a goal. Or try looking at the radar, wen a player is running in the side of the field, press Triangle and fake the defense.

Back
Top Bottom