What do you think about Denilson's story?

polakis

PES - FIFA Greek master
10 May 2002
Athens,Greece
Aek Athens
Denilson is my favourite player.I think he is the best player in technique and i dont know why he doesnt play in Betis after his injury last year...
God damn you Serr Ferrer put him in. No chance to hear they are giving him on loan!!!!!!!
I turkey or to Bordaux!!!!!
Unbelieveable........
What do you think.
Is e.g. Solari better than Denilson and plays for Inter?
I dont think so........

imo hes overrated. Hes got great dribbling skill, but its strange that no big clubs ever chase him. It must mean hes got something bad about him. He isnt even a full starter for Betis, and isnt in the Brazil squad. For the last few years we hardly/never see news of big names chasing him.

The story on Denilson seems to be that he is a talented dribbler but is not a great footballer. Lots of players can do fancy stepovers and tricks, but you still need to be able to play as a team, and to create if that is what your role in the team is.

I havent seen much of him since that WC moment that everyonoe replayed over and over again. How has he been?

Solari is much better and more effective player than Denilson.

While doing nice shiny dribbles will get you many fans and admirers, it's how productive you are that ultimately counts.

Denilson easily falls out of matches never to be seen, is injured half the time and never turned out to fullfill his immense potential.

While other players grew and got better, Denilson is perhaps not even the player he was 3-4 years ago, he bulked up a lot which is usually a good thing but in his case it meant he lost some speed and never played well in Betis and I would have the Brazilian Edu in Betis in front of him, but once you really don't watch these players and go by just reputation, you'll say things like is Ferrer mad, Denilson should be in??? why.. did you see him when he played??? did he do anything to warrant a 1st team place in Betis or you're just saying that because he's got a big name.

Anyways I think he could do a lot better than a newly promoted team in Turkey but that's where he's gone now so let's just see how he performs.

I want to inform that he doesnt want to go to manisaspor and Bordaux is close to him.I wish to go there at least.Not manisa........

Milanista said:
Loaned out to newly promoted Turkish team Maninspor.... lol.

manisa says they reached an agreement with denilson but he has problems with betis.but spanish media says that denilson told them he never talked with manisa and he wants to stay at betis.

well, i think he wont come to turkey.

I think Denilson is a great winger. He was great at France 98. But after, he was lost for me. I think, if he plays at another club like Barcelona, he might improve himself. For me Denilson and Rivaldo is same. They are great players, but they dont behave like professional footballer. Plus, Denilson has too many injuries. Because of he lost his condition and performance too much.

Also, I think that he will go to Vestel Manisaspor. Because, they have got too much money. Their owner has billions of dolars. Like Abrahamovic. Belive me, if their owner wants, he can buy Kaka or other stars. Because he is too rich. Wont be problem for him. But, wont be a good career for Denilson for me. Because Manisapor promoted first league this year. They might be rich but they have no succes in Turkish League.

But, I hope, he will come Turkey. It would be a great for seeing world stars like Anelka, Denilson or maybe Kily Gonzales in Turkish League.

:)

What Bule said basically I agree with fully except the Denilson = Rivaldo bit. It's sad to see why a few dribbles over 5-6 years ago make people believe he is a GREAt player.. he WAS once a good player with lots of potential and great dribbling but being a great soccer player is not about dribbling in fact soe many are great footballers without being able to ever go past a few players or so.

Killy Gonzalez and Solari are both at the PRESENT time, miles better than Denilson, they are more consistent, less injury prone and players who fight with everything they've got instead of being lost in a match for most of the time, you NOTICE Killy and Solari.. where as Denilson sometimes you forget he's in the match and after all it's not the dribbling that gets you goals, it's the crosses/passes and basically the End-product that matters.

Dont get me wrong I like Denilson a lot :( but am disapointed with him and am realistic about how good he is right now and not caring about media hype/reputation of someone.

Anyways Polakis, Bordeaux wouldn't be a bad move at all but he'll have competition there from Cheyrou and Smicer along with a couple French youngsters coming through but I hope he gets a good move and finds form soon ;)

I think there is an hidden story in this thread. People have discussed Denilson unfulfilled big potential (and i agree with PLF), but there is also the story who wants to stay in betis or go to Bordeaux and who, instead has to go to an unfancied club in a competition he apparently does not like (and myabe for some reason he does not like living in Turkey).
I fully understand that Betis don't want him to stay since he's not good enough. But why not let him go to the club he wants to go...sometimes football players are treated like (overpaid) slaves.
That is for me the real and relevant story about Denilson...

Denilson is a great entertainer but he is not a great footballer.

Even though he wasn't integral to Betis whenever he played you still did see flashes of his brilliance and what might have been had he developed as a more complete player, that is for sure, but he's also expensive to keep and at the end of the day clubs won't hang around especially at his age and given his injury proneness.

BTW; Solari is also a great dribbler, not as good, but much more effective. He's a really good player overall and he just needs time to settle in Inter (maybe playing more as a sub to get into things).

I seem to remember that when Betis signed him they put as part of his contract that he had a huge buy out clause of over a 100 million. Double check that.

He was seen as a huge talent when he signed for Betis and they wanted to make sure he stayed there as long as possible. Guy has talent but not enough for clubs to blow a huge amount of money on him.

Wolf_Hook said:
I seem to remember that when Betis signed him they put as part of his contract that he had a huge buy out clause of over a 100 million.
Yeah but that's because in La Liga, a player's min fee release clause is MANDATORY. So every player in La Liga has a min fee release clause in his contract and most players who are important are just given ridiculous amounts like over $80M. Not because the club wont let go of for $40M probably.. they probably will but since it has to be there, usually clubs make it 3-4 times the value anyone's ever gonna pay.

Anywyas Bordeaux is a good option, can't imagine him goin straight to the team in first match but it'd be good to see if he can keep out competition or if he'll be on the bench again.

All this about Denilson only good for skills etc.
Cristiano Ronaldo???????

The guy is in exactly the same boat, but why the plaudits?

Put Denilson at Man Utd and give him the confidence someone like him plays on, then you will see a truly great player.

Hope he gets a big move after good season at Bordeaux!

Nah Ronaldo's got a lot more to his game now. Scored 8 goals last season.
Plus Ronny's only 20, far from the finished article. Denilson is what, 28 now?
Denilson should have been great though if only for his name. I mean- "Den-eel-son" what a utterly stupendous name.

hutch said:
Nah Ronaldo's got a lot more to his game now. Scored 8 goals last season.
Plus Ronny's only 20, far from the finished article. Denilson is what, 28 now?
Denilson should have been great though if only for his name. I mean- "Den-eel-son" what a utterly stupendous name.
I agree with you. Ronaldo is a different kind of player. And a much better one too.

steevio_uk said:
Cristiano Ronaldo???????

Put Denilson at Man Utd and give him the confidence someone like him plays on, then you will see a truly great player.

this is one of the most retarded things i have ever seen written on these forums, Ronaldo scores goals, gets assists, has a GREAT header, his crossing is sublime, Ronaldo scores consistently for Portugal as well, what ronaldo are you watching mate?

steevio_uk said:
Cristiano Ronaldo???????

No.. Ronaldo who made his first apperance for United yeah.. he was a one trick pony with not much end product but NOW...... he's improved so much.. he delivers great crosses.. many assists.. scores goals and like someone said at 20 can become the REAL Deal.. not just a dribbling machine that Denilson was and still IS.

Milanista said:

What...you mean his lost all that ability? Get out of it mate.

Still scores loads of goals (25+) every season. Still scores outstanding goals. Maybe his lost a bit of pace so he can't beat 4,5,6 players any more, but thats only natural as you get older. :applause:

Still is the most naturally gifted player around, you do not loose your ability but the body does weaken. :applause:

Zygalski said:
Why? Can't accept that he was right and you were wrong? Juvenile.

Nope because i don't like my posts to be called retarded.

I accept i was wrong about what i wrote about ronaldo, he has got better.
Good point PLF.

CSaunders i took exception to.

And Zygalski, you called me juvenile so in response i think you are merely a turnip.

go twiddle your thumbs.

Back
Top Bottom