What do you think of the Scottish Premier League?

What do you think of the Scottish Premier League?

• It is far more interesting than the EPL!

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Apart from Celtic and Rangers it is a load of toss!

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • It is still a load of toss with Rangers AND Celtic!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • It's the BEST league in the world!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put Celtic and Rangers in the EPL! Lets see how good they are!

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
N

ninjabreakz

After many debates with Classic D I thought a thread was needed. What do you think of the Scottish Premier League? Do you think that Celtic and Rangers would struggle in the EPL? Is the football more attractive in Scotland compared to the English leagues?

DISCUSS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been discussed about 500 times, no need for poll's or anything, just results in Scottish and English fans getting into argy-bargies as one will say different to the other.

It's stupid comparing a league that has vasts more money than another, I read that TV Rights are a £100m a season for EPL, whilst £1m per season for SPL, go figure.

FD

I actually find some of the matches fun to watch. I would say that it is rather short sighted to classify the whole league as being boring when really, we don't really get much coverage of it in England.

Playing the Devil's advocate here, but some of the EPL games aren't that amazing either mate - I think its natural to view it with rose tinted glasses when team you support plays there. They are doing ok considering the little finances they got.

I disagree. My glasses are not 'rose tinted'. I am a football lover. I love watching La Liga and the French league. I have watched a handful of Scottish games this season on Setana Sports. Wasn't impressed AT all.

I find some SPL games to be entertaining, even if theres bad defending. You'll always find boring games, in the EPL too like Villa-Charlton or United-Liverpool.

Kinda stupid to generalize a whole league. You forgot the neutural option.

I was hoping Hearts would would win the SPL this season. Would of been nice change to the SPL and also seing them in the CL...but they'll go in the Qualifers (if they finish second) and get knocked out!

I think BOTH Rangers and Celtic would struggle for success in the Premiership. What they do have going for them is fantastic supporters and stadia but apart from that I don't see what is so special about them. Would Dynamo Kiev survive in the EPL? Would Besiktas? No. Rangers and Celtic are VERY average teams playing in a VERY poor league. I mean look at Celtic's squad: Hartson wouldn't even get on the bench at United or Chelsea. As for Scotland having some great flare players!? WHERE? WHO!? I like Barry Ferguson but apart from him I really can't think of anyone who is exciting and really skillful.

The jury is out on this one . . .

Why wouldn't Dynamo Kiev or Besiktas survive in the EPL???
It's very arrogant to say things like that...as the matter of fact i think even Anderlecht with all their thrashings in the CL would avoid relegation in the EPL...
Give the average Belgian, Portugese, Dutch, Scottish, French, Greek, Turkish or Norvegian team the same budget of the average English team, put them in the EPL and they play CL every year and sometimes they will play semi-finals or finals
Give them the budget of Man Utd and they win the CL several times...because if you look at the budgets clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are massive underachievers...Just face it England has only one big club: Liverpool (and i prefer Man Utd)
Give European football the same rules as American sports and then you will have fair competition in Europe.
So if you look at the massive difference in budgets it's rather cheap to laugh at Scottish football or other "minor" leagues.
And by the way i voted that the SPL is very interesting,this season in the SPL is a lot more interesting than the EPL were everybody except some lunatic hardcore United or Arsenal fans were convinced that Chelsea had won it in november (or october).

I'll say that the prem is made up of 7-8 good teams and 12 very average ones. Seriously, Rangers, Celtic, Dynamo Kiev (not forgetting CSKA Moscow), Besiktas will easily thrash many of the teams in EPL.

I think, and this goes for most of us, that we are often guilty of presuming that because we are familiar with a player/team (with the trash that the commentators/media provides us), they can be considered to be relatively class players compared with the rest. That is not always the case.

I am an arrogant man. Can't help being the best, baby. Remember: Nice guys finish LAST everytime.

rockykabir said:
I'll say that the prem is made up of 7-8 good teams and 12 very average ones. Seriously, Rangers, Celtic, Dynamo Kiev (not forgetting CSKA Moscow), Besiktas will easily thrash many of the teams in EPL.

I think, and this goes for most of us, that we are often guilty of presuming that because we are familiar with a player/team (with the trash that the commentators/media provides us), they can be considered to be relatively class players compared with the rest. That is not always the case.

What, like when Rangers thrashed United a few years ago? :lol:

We killed them away and home. I reckon teams like Bolton, Boro and Tottenham would beat Celtic and Rangers with some ease.

Fair comments, Rocky - but my debate was about Scottish league in general - I have only ever met one Scot who put his hands up and said; "Our league is a bit crap for quite a large country".

Milanista said:
I find some SPL games to be entertaining, even if theres bad defending. You'll always find boring games, in the EPL too like Villa-Charlton or United-Liverpool.

Kinda stupid to generalize a whole league. You forgot the neutural option.
whoa, pool united=boring not so sure, but i dont watch enough scotland games to really know, but looking at there national team, i would say they would definatley be challengend in the prem....

ninjabreakz said:
I am an arrogant man. Can't help being the best, baby. Remember: Nice guys finish LAST everytime.
your a dipshit. if you didnt have a english accent you would get zero pussy in the states...

As a neutral viewer I found United-Liverpool (the one where ferdinand scored) to be a pretty boring game.

As a United fan you're gunna think it was a great game, I would think the same if it was Milan playing.

csaunders said:
your a dipshit. if you didnt have a english accent you would get zero pussy in the states...

:lmao:

@ninja: You always like to mess with other people with your crap threads. Go play with your Barbie!

Back
Top Bottom