What full league you want in the next WE/PES ?

What full league you want in the next WE/PES ?

• Portugal league

Votes: 34 21.1%
  • Scotland league

Votes: 14 8.7%
  • Turkey league

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Belgium league

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Greece league

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Brazil league

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • Argentina league

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • USA league

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Japan league

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Italy league 2

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • France league 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Spain league 2

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • England league 2

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EPL, bundesliga, portugese superliga and scottish premier division...those are the top european leagues and should be in....besides that maybe the argentinian league and brazilian league or at least more teams from south america instead of only boca and sao paulo....

i want to see santos, cruzeiro, gremio, corinthians, independiente, newells teams like that

jeblo05 said:
German Bundesliga of course. Can you edit your poll please, Thomas ?
Konami put the bundesliga before, it's just a temporary problem i think, but of course all want bundesliga comeback, no need to add this league in the poll.

Nice poll Thomas, good work!

For me it will always be lower-English leagues (more than one, preferably two or even three), but then if they added lower leagues for more than one country I would be delighted with that as well.

Portugal first, then Scotland/Belgium/Greece and Turkey. Oh and maybe a eastern european one with teams from russia/ukraine/romania/balkan/poland etc.

Gotta be the Coca Cola Championship, League 1 and League 2. Mostly to get Lincoln to Premiership. :mrgreen: may not get there for real but it would be kinda real in the next PES?

The premiership and the divisions beneath won't be available until 2009, and that's a fact, so stop whishing. Let's talk about the leagues that Konami can actually aquire. It would be nice to have Argentina and Brazil.

I've voted for the SPL...of course. But I would like them all. If EA can add so many leagues, then why not PES. Ah the old license thingy.

Konami better get the finger out I say, cos when EA catches up in the gameplay stakes (they're gettin closer Mr.seabass) then I think konami may loose a lot of PES fans. EA was the big boy for footie games until Konami came on the scene with PES, but see how long it's taken EA to catch up again. WARNING to KONAMI ..Loyalty can only be stretched so far.

More leagues and proper licenses. ...yeah I know about the licensing but there are other leagus too. Anything proper is better than some of the crap we're having to put up with at the mo. Look at what the community can produce in such a short space of time and they ain't working full time on it.

Last edited:
Caniggia said:
The premiership and the divisions beneath won't be available until 2009, and that's a fact
They already have the Premiership, with fake names here and there, and they could easily do that with all of the lower leagues (check out Virtua Pro Football, an incredible amount of teams). Fact. They don't need licenses for that, and that's not what this thread is about.

They don't want to spend money on additional researchers and data inputters because they don't think the Japanese audience cares, and that's the only audience they care about. Fact.

I'd think before announcing any more "facts" if I were you.

Last edited:
My fact is that the license for the premiership is taken by FIFA until 2009. The premiership is already there? wow I didn't see that, what I see is two teams from the premiership and a whole lot of replicas (with correct players). Raul_Ole a bit above me wanted the premiership licensed so my response was for him and all of the other people wanting a license for the league.
I apologise to you and excuse that I didn't quote.

If they only thought about the japanese market they wouldn't release the game in europe at, but I guess a "money reason" enters there. What are your ties to konami and their view on the future? Maybe they are stocking up money to be able to compete for PES7 and next gen?

What I know is that Konami is looking for local help with their statistics and that is a good sign for next years database.
And that is a fact.

Konami release the game in Europe to make more money, as you said. If they cared about what we wanted they'd look at Europe's other successful football games, FIFA, This is Football etc., and go "oh wow, they like teams that aren't in the Premiership? What's the point in that? Oh well, if that's what they want then we'll work on that, rather than spend ten years developing the same game over and over never to include any new features off-the-pitch".

Konami may be looking to make their stats more realistic, which is always a good thing, as are gameplay tweaks. But nothing new to do with them isn't fun to a lot of us. Even those who don't care and just want gameplay tweaks have every right to be disappointed with such a tiny amount of changes. But if people think that's worth £40/£50 and it brings them a little happiness then that's great and fair enough.

I voted for the Argentinian league, but to be serious this is only because I would like to see more outside-of-europe teams.

I think what Konami should do (and would be immensely appealing given that, believe it or not, a LOT of people play this game in the rest of Asia, Middle east, and especially in Latin America) is the following:

- Libertadores League. With all the teams participating in the equivalent of the Champions League in South America (plus a couple of mexican and US teams... which should be in the real competition anyway).
- Asian best teams, but given that there are so many participating countries perhaps put 3 from Japan (given that they already have a proper database anyway), 2 from Korea, and one from each other important leagues such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, Thailand, etc.
- A "Rest of the World" league that includes 1 or 2 teams from Australia, some teams from Africa (Kaiser Chiefs and Pirates included), some teams from the US (if not already in a Libertadores league), etc.

I think adding these teams would increase the appeal of the game TREMENDOUSLY! YES, it is undeniable that Europe has the best teams in the world (well........... some South American teams can argue against that, actually) but it is always awesome to play with teams that many people support locally around the world (especially considering how popular this game is outside of Japan and Europe).

BTW... I'm from Peru, and yes, we have a lot of piracy, but also a lot of customisation. At some point each year someone starts selling a modded game that has all the Libertadores teams, or the peruvian league. And yes, we realise they're not as good as the european ones, but there must be a reason why these "local mods" are so immensely popular, right? :D

Thomas in the poll you say "England League 2", it should say "The Coca-Cola Championship" because League 2 is actually the 4th division in England.

It goes:

- Premiership
- Championship
- League 1
- League 2
- Nationwide Conference

As for which leagues I'd like in the next one, I think Konami should try and get the Coca-Cola Championship, the Bwin Portuguese Superliga and the Russian Premier League.

I also want to see France's Ligue 2, Spain's Segunda Division, and Italy's Serie B.

Basically I think Konami should start putting in more 2nd divisions, it would be a real challenge to try and get promoted from a proper 2nd division using Ordaz, Castolo, Miranda, Ximelez, Macco etc - but a lot of fun too!

I also want these divisions to be in the Master League and more than 4 leagues in the Master League, as only having four spoils the WEFA championships, alot of teams miss out because the giants (AC Milan, Real Madrid, Lyon, Manchester United) stop the little teams like Celtic, Kopenhagen, Dynamo Kiev, & Lille from qualifying. :(

Mahler_seele said:
I voted for the Argentinian league, but to be serious this is only because I would like to see more outside-of-europe teams.

I think what Konami should do (and would be immensely appealing given that, believe it or not, a LOT of people play this game in the rest of Asia, Middle east, and especially in Latin America) is the following:

- Libertadores League. With all the teams participating in the equivalent of the Champions League in South America (plus a couple of mexican and US teams... which should be in the real competition anyway).

I've been to Brazil twice and the game is so popular there. I could talk to anybody about it. If I move there in the future I am sure to have many more competetors than in Sweden, where Konamis football game has been out officially for 11 years.

I was talking to a guy that were in charge of Sony distrubution in Brazil and they wouldn't sell the PS2 officially there because of all the piracy. But we talked about it and there would be a huge market in Brazil if you could only put down the prices so that the average football interested could buy the game. But that price would be like 5pounds and would be such a difference from every other market,that it would be discriminating :P

I'd love to see the Copa Libertadores so that you could have the World Club Cup Final when you won the Champions League.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom