Yeah. Played that as well!! I was so happy when I noticed it’s free with PSplus.
Me neither And it was really off putting first to play it because of that. Thankfully i played it at my brothers place and he already played some and got the jist of it. So what i got from it:I love sports games and want to try MLB but know nothing about Baseball. Any beginners tips?
Thanks that is briliant. I have PS Plus and a week of work from Monday so I will download it and give it a go.Me neither And it was really off putting first to play it because of that. Thankfully i played it at my brothers place and he already played some and got the jist of it. So what i got from it:
- There are 9 innings (rounds) of play or more if there is a tie because you cant draw in baseball.
- In every inning both teams have the chance to throw and to hit the ball. You have three players to throw the ball in an inning and every player have three tries, basically you can miss two times per player. As for the throwes i think you can throw with the same guy in all along(?) unless he out somehow.
- If you manage to hit the ball WELL (i explain it below) you can move to base 1, then 2, 3, then 4 and the 4th worth a point for the team. The more player you manage to get to base 4 the more points you get in an inning. At the beginning of every inning there is a reset, so you start from base 0.
- Of course if you throw the ball you want to try to prevent the other team to move between the bases.
....and here is where it can get interesting....
- You have to hit the ball inside the square/field (white outlines) otherwise its a miss. You get 3 of those as i mentioned before the player is out.
- You have to hit the ball inside the square in such way that A, either it goes out of the field hence its a homerun so you got 1 point for the team already as the opposition cant catch the ball. B, it hits the grass first THEN your player has to have to get to base 1 quicker than the opposition gets the ball and throw it to base 1...or to the base which they want to defend from your runner, it can be the second too if its a quicker runner.
- If the opposition catches the ball right away without hitting the grass the hitter is out right away and doesnt get his three tries.
- So what i got here is you just have to throw the ball in the square in such way to prevent the opposition to get a good hit. Your thrower is only out if hes not throwing it inside that square and does this three times. Yeah that square is not an actual square just a display on the screen which the ref watches in reality of course.
And also the stats come into play too. The better hitters provides you bigger margin of error when you try to hit the incoming ball, same for the throwers. There is hitting power, throwing power too and of course run speed for the catches or for the players to move around bases. You have to take that all into account. Not to mention the tactics which im totally unaware of yet. But the cpu pulled off on me a "intentional walk" where my one of the better hitter was up, which meant hes not allowed to hit however he can move to base one and the next player should come. The cpu was trying to prevent a homerun basically.
Its just a tad bit more complex game, however i think its more simple programming wise than a football game (thats why no bugs appear and no annoying crap, like in the old PES days when the game was much more simple and fun) and much more relaxing too but in the same time its just as exciting. Its a Sony game i believe but the presentation is on 2K Sports, EA level.
If you have PS Plus i highly recommend it.
Yes I love them! But I suck at them too. My mate plays with a wheel when we have our sessions. I’ve got all the Forza games, GT Sport, latest GRID and Wreckfest.Like racing games?
I haven't really played my racing games in a while (F1/project cars/Assetto Corsa)
All very good games, especially with a wheel
I should pick up my F1 career again,pretty good career mode,and 19 looks insane.Yes I love them! But I suck at them too. My mate plays with a wheel when we have our sessions. I’ve got all the Forza games, GT Sport, latest GRID and Wreckfest.
I should pick up my F1 career again,pretty good career mode,and 19 looks insane.
Bought a wheel a few years back.
Girlfriends look on her face when see sees me in my setup,with gloves of course,fucking priceless
I recommend Project Cars for some realistic gaming
Never played those.dont think I played any racing games on last gen,shit load of gran Turismo on the PS2 though.
I bought PC2 last year but couldn’t get on with it. I also found it difficult.
remember the PGR games on Xbox and 360? I loved those.
You weren't wrong, just spent nearly 2 hours in practice hitting the ball, hit about 5 times. Watched the tips video and still cannot work out where I am going wrong, at first I was swinging to early, adjust to that and now getting the good swing indicator but cannot still hit the ball.Its really hard to hit the ball. Dont give up too soon!
I’m with you. Really looking forward to the new Assetto Corsa Comp update maybe this week.Never played those.dont think I played any racing games on last gen,shit load of gran Turismo on the PS2 though.
I kinda like the SIM racers, especially with all assists off,really fun,but yeah frustrating as well
On top the better players give you smaller margin of error. But its so satisfying to hit it well tho! No worries me too for 80% a time im hitting the ball behind my playerYou weren't wrong, just spent nearly 2 hours in practice hitting the ball, hit about 5 times. Watched the tips video and still cannot work out where I am going wrong, at first I was swinging to early, adjust to that and now getting the good swing indicator but cannot still hit the ball.