What is it Konami do all year long?

maybe there is a lot of work behind the subtle change you see in new WE, maybe changing the heading system is not as easy as it sounds...

If you noticed every little change in the we series need some re-balancing of other aspect of the game.

Now in the last version heading is easier but keeper is also better..

I loved ISS for N64 but matches usually ended 4-4 6-3 7-1 it was not very realistic...

i think that they have a great game and they work for making it even better, but you see its not that easy to make something good more good...

on the other hand is easy to make improvement in games like fifa, now its a lot better than 2 years ago but it was crap 2 years ago and now its a bit less crap :)

ank,

my games with friends also often end 3-2, 5-2, 4-3 and ocasionally the 7-1 you refer.

Heading is easier in last version? Which version are you playing mate :)?

What other game keeps you playing all year round without you getting bored of it? Personally i'm happy to pay £30 a year for my PES/WE fix and look forward to every new release! Keep it up Konami - can't wait for the next gen versions in 2006 but for now WE9/PES5 will do just nicely!

I am happy to pay 40 quid three times a year. This is the only game that I actually play for more than 4 hours before putting it away. This game is great value.

totally agree with u
i pesonally play this game more then any other game, this game can last me for the hole year, wich no other game can do that.
go konami

Hrm, to clarify what I was thinking: Fine the gameplay is really good, they tweak that (though I don't see why they don't eliminate errors that have been in for various releases, maybe its really difficult/impossible). But for the rest of the year, couldn't they work on presentation/commentary/modes/ML? I mean, if you taught some of us how to program, I'm sure we'd come up with better things in all of those fields. I hate the gameplay, but did anyone play UEFA Champions League from EA last year? The presentation is phenomenal, there's a frickin radio station when you're in your season discussing the last game with callers and opinions. Even touches like that, which aren't hard to implement at all, would make things at least feel like a better game. Rather than slightly redesigned menus that still look like they're from SNES. And Konami's one flawed score in reviews has been the sound, has been for years, and yet they don't even try to change it. I just don't get it... :(

But my WE9 is preordered, so I'll be finding out just what it is they've done this past year soon enough :)

yes is true the sound is shit in pes/we + the comentators are so repetitiv an boring, it been like that for years now shame on konami. i know if they want to fix this thing they can, but they want do it coz it seems like no bady is complaining about the sound anymore, as people are getting use to that now :(

kabira and partner used to be a lot more passionate and humorous but has stopped being so ever since WE6FE

although its currently on a winning formula, its in desperate need of an overhaul and changes or else its gonna start to get pretty boring even if they come up with slight improvements the way theyre doing. I know building on a winning formula is logical, however this formula might not be the best one out there and risks need to be taken to rewrite a huge chunk of the program. Its currently still far from being a simulation of the real game, I mainly use it to satisfy by footballing fantasies and try out players who recently did well in real-life tournaments. Maybe I'm asking too much from Konami and Seabass, but im in real need of some fresh new inspirations.

hopefully in the next-gen we/pes after they improve and tweak almost everything *including real FANS that stand up and sit when there is goal and cheer *, there should be a street or indoor mode that we can play indoors , if u remember , the best of the fifa's ; fifa 98 had this option and it was very fun.

This formula must stay as it is and keep improving every aspect of the game BUT with a faster rate.

All year they spend time tweaking the AI of the computer controlled off the ball players, so that I can be confused by how in one game I can win 5.1 against a mate then the next game with the same teams lose 8.2!.....but it keeps me coming back.
Also they only release 1 game a year in Europe officially and I think the leaps in the PES series is big enough when the core gameplay is excellent.Fanboys like us lot get every single (WE) version and we're the biggest critics.

Christ, PES is by far the greatest game known to man, indeed, PES3 was the reason why I bouhgt a PS2 instead of an X-Box a couple of years ago. So the commentary is a bit naff....TURN THE DAMN $HIT OFF THEN! or better still, switch it to the spansih commentary, (If you dont understand it, it sounds not half bad......especially when you get a goal). More licensed teams and proper kits would be nice but lets face it, even if PES consisted entirely of fictional club teams and countries with players who bore absolutley no semblance to any real life-counter part, It would still piss all over all competiton and we would still all be playing it in excess of 1000+ hours per year. Konami dont bother too much with presentation cos they dont have too.

muffinmak said:
kabira and partner used to be a lot more passionate and humorous but has stopped being so ever since WE6FE

Makes sense. WE6FE Was te version in which the best patches arrived. It must be hard for them to work hard on a tittle and suddently see all these kid teams doing far better than them in presentation terms.

But that's not our fault ;).

well they may improve bit by tiny bit, the game maybe better but change the fkin ML its shyt now...same thing over and over

Back
Top Bottom