What is the future of Winning eleven patching on PS3

BK_83

World Class
7 June 2003
singapore
after winning eleven 11 comes out on ps3 which uses blue ray disc(which i tink we cant afford the burners) does it mean the end of winning eleven editing untill blue-ray burners are more affordable?

the burner is currently sold at USD $1000 and the media $20
in case some of u dont know

Also there's something that bothers me. I believe I read somewhere that they will stop using the texture maping technique and include a superior one, where bodies have an interior and you can tell if it is, for example, pure gold or painted gold. If this is true, we can't simply modify a single image in order to create a new kit or face, we will have to work with the 3D estruture.

Let's see how this turns out...

Tridek2 said:
Also there's something that bothers me. I believe I read somewhere that they will stop using the texture maping technique and include a superior one, where bodies have an interior and you can tell if it is, for example, pure gold or painted gold. If this is true, we can't simply modify a single image in order to create a new kit or face, we will have to work with the 3D estruture.

Let's see how this turns out...
that will also spell disaster as if editing would be done in tat way... the patch could be few GB huge

i guess there would not be patches for WE anymore... just option files... we can start praying for much better editing tools in WE itself

well put it this way, we cant insert kits into WE10 for ps2 now, so PS3 looks doubtful, although when PS2 first came out they claimed it was impossible to chip, yet people done it...hopefully PS3 will be the same, or Konami could splash out and buy every license??

I swear if Konami dont put A LOT MORE teams into the next gen i think itll be FIFA for me, coz i mean with PS3 they can almost do anything, so we want more teams to play with and more realistic kits etc.

There will always be someone who finds a way to patch the game. Many pathcers will try, and i'm sure that someone is going to find a way.

And btw. The prize on blu-ray burners will drop alot, when PS# is released. It's like the CD burners. When many people are using them, the prize will be low in a short amount of time.

Sry for crappy english..

I think that considering the lack of effort from Konami part to enhance the game (talking about adding more leagues, more teams, playing with all teams, improving the crappy Master league, better crowd sounds etc), the next-gen versions of the game will be on a DVD-5 probably a DVD-9 especially bacause X box 360 can't read Blue-Ray, and because in the current gen that size of the disc is under 2 gigas

Tecolote said:
I think that considering the lack of effort from Konami part to enhance the game (talking about adding more leagues, more teams, playing with all teams, improving the crappy Master league, better crowd sounds etc), the next-gen versions of the game will be on a DVD-5 probably a DVD-9 especially bacause X box 360 can't read Blue-Ray, and because in the current gen that size of the disc is under 2 gigas

Sony are pushing for all developers to use Blue-Ray discs. So it'll be on Blue-Ray for sure, it may not take up a third of a Blue-Ray disc, but it will still appear on one.

Thr prices will come down once the technology starts to be widely adopted and the PS3 will be chipped given time. Just look at the 360. :)

they only have to do one thing: unlimited empty team/players/logos/boots slots. OFs will do the rest ;)
I think they can since we'll have a lot more memory for saving in next gen o_

once the PS3 comes patching of ANY game will not be even available until someone finds out how to hack it first. It took guys about 5 months to do it with the 360 and even now it isn't an easy task.So imagine a 6 month wait and then the ability to aCUALLY burn BLUE RAY AND EVERYTHIONG ELSE TO MAKE IT AS CONVIENT AS IT IS TODAY FOR pc AND ps2 THEN wow WE CVOPULD BE WAITING A LIONG TIME TO. LETS HOPE KONAMI DOES ENOUGH SO THAT WE DON'T WANNA PATCH ANYTHING ANYMORE. THAT'S THE SIGN OF TRUE NEXT GEN not WANTING TO PATCH ANYTHING BECAUSE IT'S BEEN THOUGHT OF...

Konami must put more teams into PS3 WE/PES.
Hopefully they will get all the liscences too :)

If am not mistaken PS3 will include an internal hard-disk.
This makes patching easier, if all games will be able to play through the hard disk ??

i think you needa buy the hard drive separately...i heard that anyway?

if konami do buy more licenses people will still want to patch for adboards/crowd chants/boots etc..

BumperMan said:
once the PS3 comes patching of ANY game will not be even available until someone finds out how to hack it first. It took guys about 5 months to do it with the 360 and even now it isn't an easy task.So imagine a 6 month wait and then the ability to aCUALLY burn BLUE RAY AND EVERYTHIONG ELSE TO MAKE IT AS CONVIENT AS IT IS TODAY FOR pc AND ps2 THEN wow WE CVOPULD BE WAITING A LIONG TIME TO. LETS HOPE KONAMI DOES ENOUGH SO THAT WE DON'T WANNA PATCH ANYTHING ANYMORE. THAT'S THE SIGN OF TRUE NEXT GEN not WANTING TO PATCH ANYTHING BECAUSE IT'S BEEN THOUGHT OF...

Even though you're posting from the States we can hear you alright, no need to shout...

Dar said:
The prices will come down once the technology starts to be widely adopted and the PS3 will be chipped given time. Just look at the 360. :)

How do you mean? Has the 360 been modded already?

Well imo we'll have to to settle for option files online. I dont mind that as the in-game editor is fantastic in WE10.

Im just so relieved Serie A is licensed ;)

BumperMan said:
You do realise that it took this long for the PS2 and the Xbox to be hacked, right?
Some people just dont want to wait. :roll:

i can live with unlicensed patch actually... coz the gfx in ps3 is gonna be mind blowing... maybe for 1 series of winning eleven b4 i start to get frustrated.... what im most concerned is that they release the jap version and theres no way of patching it to english...

sorry fopr the caps. while i was writing my girlfriend sat on the keyboard and wanted to kiss(keyboard was in my lap wireless). anyway yeah no patchy poo

Dar said:
Even though you're posting from the States we can hear you alright, no need to shout...
ar15.gif
BumperMan
bigun2.gif

rofl.gif

The 360/PS3 thing really worries me. Originally, Konami made the game for PS2 only. Then for XBox they jsut ported it over. This time "theoretically" the PS3 is better, but they might not make the game to its most capable becasue they won't be able to port it to 360 without the game staying same. This happens for most EA games, the graphics on the XBox for the game can be much better, but are limited as it is multiformat.
What do you guys think?

i have a ps3 and have already patched my WE11. its awesome.

ye, i was playin yeovil v crystal palace yesterday,:shock: and i tell you what, it was mind blowing to see the graphics in real time,:shock: the gameplay was absolutely pant wetting and the players all had thier faces to acurately compliment thier real life counterparts, frame rates to kill for and animations flew in and out like british airways in a holiday season. it was wicked!! cant wait to get home and play some more. thanx to konami and fernando for that brilliant patch:applause:, if you havent got it yet, go to the editing section and look for the "get a life and let tomorrow worry about itself Version10" thread, its in the first post ;)

twophases said:
i have a ps3 and have already patched my WE11. its awesome.

Thanks for letting us know...are you sure you got it right? Are you a tester? PS3? WE11?

Nturtle said:
Thanks for letting us know...are you sure you got it right? Are you a tester? PS3? WE11?
I think he was joking.

EDIT: I mean he was trying to be funny.

Back
Top Bottom