What is up with Ronaldinho???

jflores

Diegoooooooool!
25 April 2002
Centreville, VA (USA)
FCB
From rumours that his mom consulted a voodo priest before his birth to make him into a great player, who's spell has now dwindled by the looks of his current "magicless" form...to conspiracies theories stating that his bad performances have to do with Fifa/Nike/Barcelona endorsement disagreements.....to others stating that he has simply lost his passion and desire for the game since he's won it all, and been there done that type of attitude.

The great Argentine striker "Matador" Mario Kempes said that his lost of magic and poor form is simply a result of what any human being pro soccer player goes through in their career.

His poor form has left everyone to wonder where has the Ronaldinho we all love to watch gone? Where is his magic? His passion and desire?

With all that said, the question still remains.

What is up with Ronaldinho?

Your thoughts...

Dont know whats wrong with him, but I can surely bet he could learn a thing or two from "that guy" on the right. That man was the most fierce competitor and winner I've ever seen. :)

foto_181917_CAS.jpg

Last edited:
I've never really rated this guy. Even fucking Corky Thatcher would have won so many trophies while playing for those teams. Without his team mates Ronaldinho would be playing in the third league in Portugal. You guys are still believing the hype, because Nike wants you too.

joostebrood said:
I've never really rated this guy. Even fucking Corky Thatcher would have won so many trophies while playing for those teams. Without his team mates Ronaldinho would be playing in the third league in Portugal. You guys are still believing the hype, because Nike wants you too.

Your comments are weak, Ronaldinho did do a lot towards winning the WC in 2006, the La Liga the season before last and in the CL he did have some great games early on. Would thatcher have scored the goals or contributed the way Ronaldinho did? Never in a million years. Though I do think he is looking a lot poorer at the moment. He looks like Okocha did the last couple of seasons at Bolton, capable of pulling of superb tricks but not really contributing as much as he did/could.

I think he will come good, he is to good a player not too. I do admit I am not the biggest lover of him and at the same time not a hater, I just don't like teams/players that are "supposed" to be too good for football. Teams like Brazil/Barca and Real a few years ago, these teams and players always fall away and prove at some point that they are not unstoppable.

When players get hyped up bigger than they are it's like a domino effect. I've seen it happen far too many times over the years in my football experience. While evryone else chanted the name of Ronaldinho as he hoisted trophy after trophy over his head I just sat there and laughed, he doesn't have the skills to be a natural born leader on the pitch. a little bit of flair and a few lucky goals here and there and everyone goes bananas, now we are starting to see him for the real player he is. A lowdown deadbeat semi-pro with no desire to play the game whatsoever. try looking to a real man with real grit like Mcgeady of Celtic for instance, now there's a man with heart and commitment and the look of a true champion.

Cloud1863 said:
Your comments are weak, Ronaldinho did do a lot towards winning the WC in 2006, the La Liga the season before last and in the CL he did have some great games early on. Would thatcher have scored the goals or contributed the way Ronaldinho did? Never in a million years. Though I do think he is looking a lot poorer at the moment. He looks like Okocha did the last couple of seasons at Bolton, capable of pulling of superb tricks but not really contributing as much as he did/could.

I think he will come good, he is to good a player not too. I do admit I am not the biggest lover of him and at the same time not a hater, I just don't like teams/players that are "supposed" to be too good for football. Teams like Brazil/Barca and Real a few years ago, these teams and players always fall away and prove at some point that they are not unstoppable.
Fully agree with ya on that.

Hey everybody why don`t you all just take a moment...... and think. All the cool players like Ronaldinho, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard ect ect ... ARE ALL TIRED after a long season (league, cup, champions league, world cup... )i mean these guys don`t ever get a break to catch a breath and give us the best.The point i am trying to make is that they have NO WINTER BREAK.Figuer it out and stop complaining.

what is happening to ronaldinho is simple it's either one of two

first : he lost his passion to football as a game and began to consentrate on money from it like commercials and stuff like that and if this is true he might or might not come to his sences and realize that football is not about money it's about the game it self

second : he just gave it all he got in the last 3 to 4 years and he has nothing new to offer i don't suspect for a second that he is one of the best players with the ball i have seen but football is a lot more then a quick foot on a ball it has to have brains kind of like zidan who might not match him in quickness but he beat him in brains with the ball

personally i think that ronaldinho isn't the type of player that can lift a team on his own or take a team to victory alone he can give you something to chear about but that's it if his team playes bad he playes bad that's the bottom line and i can't say he is like raul couse raul did play good last season but he had tough luck unlike ronaldinho who is playing bad since the world cup

Last edited:
Dermot said:
When players get hyped up bigger than they are it's like a domino effect. I've seen it happen far too many times over the years in my football experience. While evryone else chanted the name of Ronaldinho as he hoisted trophy after trophy over his head I just sat there and laughed, he doesn't have the skills to be a natural born leader on the pitch. a little bit of flair and a few lucky goals here and there and everyone goes bananas, now we are starting to see him for the real player he is. A lowdown deadbeat semi-pro with no desire to play the game whatsoever. try looking to a real man with real grit like Mcgeady of Celtic for instance, now there's a man with heart and commitment and the look of a true champion.

I seriously find it hard to take you serious on many of your posts. Two things either go into your posts.

1. Shock value, you like to try and upset the crowd, the masses go against the grain. Ins such away that is sometimes unbelievable.

2. You have absolutely no idea about football.

Your point about McGeady is as weak as your argument, in a season or two after McGeady has won a World Cup/European Championship, a CL title and a couple of La Liga titles or top level league titles then you can come back and argue your point. Or we can see McGeady has become a low down deadbeat semi-pro with no desire to play..... you get the idea. :roll:

looks like poor form, and poor form alone, to me.

a player like that doesnt just lose it altogether.

i dare say, he'll be back. his best years are ahead of him.

could be the players around him not reading his play. I remember when I was a kid, we had Frank Worthington (a football genius, remember him?) at Stockport and he would make some great passes but no-one would be on his level and he looked poor sometimes because of it.

He's just having a rough patch. Shit happens, he's human after all.

What is a bit odd is that both Rooney and Ronnie are suffering slumps at the same time. EA must be beaming! :)

Joystick said:
He's just having a rough patch. Shit happens, he's human after all.

What is a bit odd is that both Rooney and Ronnie are suffering slumps at the same time. EA must be beaming! :)

And Adriano...very interesting indeed.

Well "That guy" sucked at baseball in fact there were rumor that he was going to play in the MLP

about Ronaldinho is only the start of the season there are more than 30 games remaining over the season, so no reason to play at his top form

Cloud1863 said:
I seriously find it hard to take you serious on many of your posts. Two things either go into your posts.

1. Shock value, you like to try and upset the crowd, the masses go against the grain. Ins such away that is sometimes unbelievable.

2. You have absolutely no idea about football.

Your point about McGeady is as weak as your argument, in a season or two after McGeady has won a World Cup/European Championship, a CL title and a couple of La Liga titles or top level league titles then you can come back and argue your point. Or we can see McGeady has become a low down deadbeat semi-pro with no desire to play..... you get the idea. :roll:

Heh man, you should leave McGeady out of this, clearly he doesn't have the natural talent of Ronaldinho and also he doesn't have the black magic on his side. It is a well known story by now that Ronaldinho's mother prayed to a voodoo witch doctor to deliver to her a son with the genius of a Maradonna. All I'm saying is that McGeady shows passion and desire every minute of every single game, you can see it in his face and the way he never stops going. Ronaldinho is more aplayer who tells his teammates in the tunnel, listen guys, forget about what the coach said about teamwork and all that, get the ball to me, I'll do some tricks and flicks and then the rest is history, we'll win by 5 goals. Now that teams have recognised this they have implemented basketball tactics almost by double teaming (or double marking) Ronaldinho, usually in basketball when this happens the player being double teamed will dish the rock off to an open teammate who can then pull up for the open jay or who also has the option to drive to the rack and slam dunk it down hard for the easy swish but Ronaldinho is too greedy and self absorbed to even think about his teammates. If Ronaldinho is to pass to a teammate the guy practically has to be standing at the goalmouth wide open on his own, not even the goalie around him, and he still can't pass then because he will be offsides. Basically Ronaldinho has shown his true colors, a one man team, and now he's suffering because of it.

Dermot said:
Heh man, you should leave McGeady out of this, clearly he doesn't have the natural talent of Ronaldinho and also he doesn't have the black magic on his side. It is a well known story by now that Ronaldinho's mother prayed to a voodoo witch doctor to deliver to her a son with the genius of a Maradonna. All I'm saying is that McGeady shows passion and desire every minute of every single game, you can see it in his face and the way he never stops going. Ronaldinho is more aplayer who tells his teammates in the tunnel, listen guys, forget about what the coach said about teamwork and all that, get the ball to me, I'll do some tricks and flicks and then the rest is history, we'll win by 5 goals. Now that teams have recognised this they have implemented basketball tactics almost by double teaming (or double marking) Ronaldinho, usually in basketball when this happens the player being double teamed will dish the rock off to an open teammate who can then pull up for the open jay or who also has the option to drive to the rack and slam dunk it down hard for the easy swish but Ronaldinho is too greedy and self absorbed to even think about his teammates. If Ronaldinho is to pass to a teammate the guy practically has to be standing at the goalmouth wide open on his own, not even the goalie around him, and he still can't pass then because he will be offsides. Basically Ronaldinho has shown his true colors, a one man team, and now he's suffering because of it.

You don't get to watch a lot of Barcelona games do you? Because you seem to know too little about the way Ronaldinho plays.

I'm a big Ronaldinho fan, and i sometimes get angry about him not being greedy. He should be more selfish and agressive sometimes going into one-on-one's. There are many games he just passes the ball to much.

airjoca said:
You see that guy up there with Ronnie? He never had an off season. :)
What I meant by "off season" is a long break in between seasons. Between last season & this he played in the CL Finale & the WC. Not enough rest in between seasons.

I wonder how Ronaldinho would be treated if he had cancer and was in a wheelchair. I bet no one would even want his autuograph and Barca certainly wouldn't have paid him such a ridiculous sum of money. Accept it guys, he's nothing but a selfish player and within months we'll see the true colours of Ronaldinho. Yeah, that's right, sitting in his oversized villa lauging at Joe Public and how naieve we all were. I'm not giving him a single cent of my monthly pay.

its his gold legend boot :cool:, Nike is making him play shit in them so when the new :shock: 10R legends launch he fires up the pitch in them.......... (go figure) -------- Ching Ching for Don Remlinger :cheers:

ps Don Remlinger - Head of Nike Football worldwide - my future job.

that was a joke post, on the real he looks exhausted.

Again, Ronaldinho let me down in the match against Chelsea :-(

Don't know what the hell is wrong with him...

Chelsea played a great game and deserve credit for the tie.

Back
Top Bottom