What is your best Formation against Human players?

zortex

League 2
13 August 2003
I am playing WE series for so long (almost 8 years) and every WE game is different than the others.An you need different formations.In the previous series wing play and headers were more efficient but in WE 9 and 10 it is harder to score with headers.

Which formation works for you best against human and which team?
PS: Please indicate attacking-defending arrows + positions

I dont like to play with a formation which would make me win everytime like its a cheat or something.. i like to play with tha same formations and line ups that each team play with in real life

i dont change formations, i only change the line up to match the formation
but if i'm losing or having a rough time i switch to 4-3-3 (cuz i'm used to it and know where the players would be)

FyNoMeNoN said:
I dont like to play with a formation which would make me win everytime like its a cheat or something.. i like to play with tha same formations and line ups that each team play with in real life

There is no formation that can make you win games every time. Me personally like to create a formation based on the players i have at my disposal, that works for me

4-3-3 works the best for counter attacking.. you have 3 strikers... so alot of scoring options. However, your defence could be weak with this formation. 4-4-2 is the way to go I think.

--------X--------
-X-------------X-
--------X--------
-----X-----X-----
-X-------------X-
-----X-----X-----
--------X--------

THOMAS your formation looks very interesting can you please explain in positions (CB,SB,DMF,CM,OMF,ST,WG,CF) and also directions attack/defence..

Thnx in Advance

against teams such as barcelona:

4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, one central midfielders, one offensive midfielder and two forwards

against teams with just two forwards (and none winger offensive midfielders):

3 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, one central midfielder, one offensive and 3 forwards

ThomasGOAL said:
--------X--------
-X-------------X-
--------X--------
-----X-----X-----
-X-------------X-
-----X-----X-----
--------X--------
Exactly the same !8)

Actually, I only started using 2 DMF's and it makes my defence that much better.

4-3-3 every time 2 offensive midfielders and position two forwards on the edge of each corner of the 18 yard box and the other striker right on the six yard line.

X -------
| ----
| |
| X
| |
| ----
X -------

The space the wing men have is unreal and the two midfielders can link up superbly with them. Always goals either crossing in for simple headers or attacks on goal. use this in tournys with my mates a proven winner

Last edited:
ThomasGOAL said:
--------X--------
-X-------------X-
--------X--------
-----X-----X-----
-X-------------X-
-----X-----X-----
--------X--------
almost same as mine.... i have 2 cmf, 1 omf, 2 st,1 cf

my 3 strikers are closer to the centre abit

i use a 442 with a dmf cmf lmf and omf ..

---X---
-x-x-x-x
---x----
--x--x--
--x--x--

in master league i use 3-5-2 with 3 cb 1dmf 1 cmf 1 rmf 1 lmf 1 omf..

---x---
-x-x-x-
---x---
x--x--x
---x---
--x--x

i call my formation 4-4-2 slanting

only works when i'm playing manchester united though

--------X--------
-X----------X----
------X--------X-
----------X-----
-X-------------X-
-----X-----X-----
--------X--------

I use the almighty godly formation of 3-5-2. Just give it time and it works everygame. (at least for me) As long as you have a good key CMF it works amazingly for me. It allows good penetration down the sides yet at the same time awesome passing lanes in the middle. It's gold and by now I know the field like the back of my hand.

---X-X-- 2 CF's
--X---X---LMF and RMF (who run wide and toward goal depending)
---.X.---Key CMF (who lingers just behind the MF's for distribution.
---X-X---Two DMF's
--X-X-X--Three CB's

Back
Top Bottom