What one thing to you could ruin this years installment of winning elven/pes?

S

sbomb

Howdy doo, first thread so be kind.

I would have to say the slowdown, that was a major dissapointment last year and is a continual worry for me especially considering their adding mroe detail.

Anyone else got any ideas, this is a personal question cause many people will probably see the slowdown as copable.

(The reason this is not a poll is because i couldnt think of that much to put in it).

From what i see it shouldnt have been called Winning Eleven 9 it should have been called Winning Elevan 8 Another Evolution. It will still be better tho than last one.

I agree i think the japanese consumers get a bum deal. The prob is because another version is released they will never notice the major improvements as much as someone who buys pes yearly and in effect gets two games worth of WE content. They end up paying alot more in the long run.

what can ruin the series is definately too much change. they need to take it step-by-step like they're doing now.

Except licenses they need to hurry those up cause its embarrassing how few they have in comparison to fifa.

In my opinion:

- the continuous increase of dribbling and circus treats over good teamwork, passing and wise movement off-the-ball. In my op the game has gotten worse every year in this area since the psx versions.

- the non-resolution of the difference between d-pad and analog. The game should be equal to both users, but it beneficts analog greatly.

- the "EA relax" approach, an increasingly focus on marketing and licenses and the demise of putting gamplay always as top priority.

Mauras said:
- the "EA relax" approach, an increasingly focus on marketing and licenses and the demise of putting gamplay always as top priority.

I'm also a little concerned that there seems to be a certain amount of hype around the inclusion of half-a-dozen new licensed teams, as if this is some kind of major improvement. I'm as excited by that as I am by finding out who's going to appear on the front cover of the box.

But that won't ruin the game. But the fact that reviews suggest it bears so much similarity to WE8LE could. That game is the pits when it comes to the frustrating, gameplay-killing AI cheats and bad scripts.

One thing that can ruin WE9?
Its all those damn people who hype the game and get our hopes up. If we knew that the game had flaws before finding out for ourselves, we wouldnt be so upset.

The player select it has been poor for years... They seriously messed it up when they changed onto the current gen consoles.

WE8LE is unplayablefor some of my friends because of this...

Also when the player seems to just ignore or run over the ball that really does my head in.

ibu2003 said:
The player select it has been poor for years... They seriously messed it up when they changed onto the current gen consoles.

WE8LE is unplayablefor some of my friends because of this...

Also when the player seems to just ignore or run over the ball that really does my head in.

EXACTLY! Man I hate that. THey always still give you the wrong player lots of times which cost you many goals. A few of my friends get so mad they cannot play with me either. As for the running over the ball, ya it sucks but I do the all cancel so I try to get out of that animation and take control myself. But mainly, i really hope they fix the player select. I wish there was a cycle through button, to go through all the players, and not just the ones that the computer thinks I should be, stupid computer.

The truth is that nothing is gonna ruin the game, but surely it will not be perfect.

This thread should have been named What will slow down WE on its patch to perfectness.

However if something is gonna slow it down its easty dribbling and s*it defending, they have to keep improving gameplay step by step without too many injections in gameplay or they risk to end up having an othre EA FIFA killin WE for ever.

Im very postive and I dont think that will happen , never.

The guys at Konami are smart, they created this game after all and they know its apriciated so they would be stupid to change it radicaly.

If the AI cheats as much as the current series and the physics are still pathetic then that will worry me.

Lag, it kills gameplay. I prefer less good looking beckhams on the pitch and less lag-

I don't think] anything will, I'm looking forward to it. I know that the issue (at least for me) where you want to pass to someone and the player passes it to someone completely different is still there, and I understand that it's hard to change that, apparently, and apart from the ball (and various body parts) travelling through people (and the computer players getting away with murder), I'll be happy.

The game always gets a little bit better - and as someone said above, that's the best way. If the game was totally different it'd be horrible. It's as close to perfection as it can get and it keeps getting closer, so I'm happy. The new non-automaticness is amazing, it's so much better. That'll do me, thanks, I don't care if all the Ligue 1 players wear binbags and wellies. Someone - in-fact, several - clever arses will make a patch eventually anyway.

If I had to stick to the topic though... Well... I'd like to see less "penalty for farting" incidents.

Hey guys 'n gals. I think the one thing that could ruin WE9/PES5 would be if the guys at Konami start letting stupid things go on in the game itself which would never happen in real life, like it's no big thing. For example, having stupidly slow defenders suddenly become faster than Ferraris when chasing down quick attackers. When has that ever happened in any game that you've seen on TV?

Also, i would personally like to see more responsiveness with regards to the controls. i mean, sometimes, you're running with the ball, it's bouncing around like it's on the moon, you press shoot... and nothing happens. By which time, the defenders which you left several miles behind you have miraculously appeared around you to take the ball. Realism, people, we need realism!!!

Placebo sorry to break the news but it pretty much is EXACTLY the same.

Placebo, i was going to post exactly the same!

the same ML structure would ruin the game

also, cheating

Its up to time that we understand that the master league will remain the same as long there are the same clubs in the game.

To have a proper master league like many want to see tha game must have not dozens buttttt hundreds of more teams.

As simple as that.

You think theyll get rid of the master league once theyve got all the liscences? Wont be much use, be more useful to just advance the league mode with all the ml stuff. The whole theory behind a master league is that its not like a normal league when the liscences are aquired it will be.

From initial impressions no-one has mentioned lag so i think were pretty safe there.

thats the most important thing sbomb... that just ruins the game so bad.

Was the first time last time, least of what i can remember. I dont understand how, even though the game is bigger with more detail this time there is no lag compared to last time which had much less info to transmit. Maybe its all about compression?

we8 pes4 was perfect, just needed a few tweaks. Not a good online game would destroy pes on ps2. I would go for Xbox live and 360 later.

Problem is that its not perfect now, i can only play one game then i get bored, computer is now too predictable and ive won almost everything. Updates need to happen, if WE-9 and Pes5 arent good updates then there is no point buying them. Whats most important is gameplay, if its exactly the same with a few tweaks there is no reason to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom