what stupid ppl do to increase ranking!!! OMG!!

desiasx

Non-League
2 July 2004
i was online.. just looking for a good game, i open a match room, then this person comes JG199001 or something, ranked 19th currently. I am happy that I am getting a proper challenge and we are selecting teams. I clearly show that I am chosing club teams and I was debating between Inter and Juve... while im chosing, he has his team on Chelsea, I chose Juventus and there is probably 10 seconds left before the next window comes, when 3 seconds are remaining this guy quickly jumps off to Brazil!!! Im like WTF are u doing?? And he just says: Play me, play me.

I was soo mad and frustrated that I actually just wanted to disconnect, but I wouldnt want him to get the satisfaction of that. So I get Emerson to man mark Ronaldinho and Nedved and Camoranesi to play tight on the midfield. I shut him completly off and win the game 1-0, by a nice counter attack that Del Piero finished off. But still, I cant beleive that people do stupid things like this just to increase their rankings....

Sometimes people just have way to much free time on their hands. That's why they bother with such stupid things like wanting to win every single game they play in even though they choose the best team. They just don't care for realism. I mean WTF? Brasil against a club team??? Anyway. He still lost though which is what he deserved.

my point exactly, and i saw him online again today and i said that he is not playing fair, the he asked why, i said cause he chose brazil, he is like so?? brazil is a team just like every other team, then other ppl in the lobby started cursing at him, and then he finally shut up. stupidass.. i play it for the love of the game, and that i meet different type of ppl that play different styles... not cause i wanto be at the top of the rankings...

totally agree with ya. I still get pissed off with people who always join a game i host and then in the second half and it's unplayable and i end up losing. It means from now on I never host a game and just join a game. It means less cheating lagging in the second half by those cheating lagging gits. Mind you some people are fine but i have had too many bad experiences with this type of cheating.

Will be online today from 1730 GMT lobby English server 1.

Damo666

desiasx said:
i was online.. just looking for a good game, i open a match room, then this person comes JG199001 or something, ranked 19th currently. I am happy that I am getting a proper challenge and we are selecting teams. I clearly show that I am chosing club teams and I was debating between Inter and Juve... while im chosing, he has his team on Chelsea, I chose Juventus and there is probably 10 seconds left before the next window comes, when 3 seconds are remaining this guy quickly jumps off to Brazil!!! Im like WTF are u doing?? And he just says: Play me, play me.

I was soo mad and frustrated that I actually just wanted to disconnect, but I wouldnt want him to get the satisfaction of that. So I get Emerson to man mark Ronaldinho and Nedved and Camoranesi to play tight on the midfield. I shut him completly off and win the game 1-0, by a nice counter attack that Del Piero finished off. But still, I cant beleive that people do stupid things like this just to increase their rankings....
If you disconnect before the match starts, it doesnt get recorded and he doesnt get the win. It will be like the match never happened, which is true anyway.

Not a rant, to many people are playing with 3 teams, either Barca/Real/ or Brazil, for a simple fact to get a win, 5 min games alot of times. I played a punk u said he wanted to be USA, so I picked ivory coast, he goes and grabs Argentina with 2 secs, left... After fighting though a horrible laggy half, I won 1-0 in the 2nd half. I have a big list of friends now that I try to play, as they try new teams, new formations. Its funny watching someone pick a team, known for a unquie formation, then stock loading his 3 forward set, and playing exactly like he did in the last game with a dif team. I understand stocking some base formations to use with your fav team, but why play every team the same way? How is that fun and challenging. Specially when its Barca/Real/or Brazil :)

Mikey said:
This is a pathetic rant. If he wants to play as Brazil, he can play as Brazil, who are you to say he can't?

You are probably one of 'em anyways.. who doesn't know anyone or how to play with but the fabulous Ronaldinho, Adriano and other retards.. PATHETIC. :lol:

I agree with Mikey. Pro Evolution Soccer is realistic so you have good teams and weaker teams.
For instance, Milan has better stats than Brazil (fact. check out yourself the circle which comes up when you select them).
There are loads of people who'd like to play with weaker teams but there are also peepz who want to play with stronger teams. Who are you to say people are not allowed to use Brazil? If you can't beat them, join them they say? Then you say it's "too easy", I guess you just suck at playing with Brazil. That's why you use Milan or some other team. Please, can we put a rule France,England,Milan, Barca, Man Utd, Arsenal,Chelsea,Inter are not allowed to play with?

Good PES players know how to play against Brazil anyway. Their defence sucks anyway. But its funny still cause you say people are not allowed to use Brazil, or call them noobs. Why is that? Sorry, if you use Milan can I call you a noob too because you have the best defence? If not, shut up then.

The most funny thing is, you only play noobs right? Why don't you play good players? Why you play only noobs? Why do you even call Brazil player noobs? I'd call Milan players also noobs.
Next time use Sochaux okay?
Because Milan is for noobs who can't defend.

Mikey said:
This is a pathetic rant. If he wants to play as Brazil, he can play as Brazil, who are you to say he can't?
Well if its not a problem, why couldnt that person be honest about it so that his opponent could also pick a suitable team to match his?

RuneEdge said:
Well if its not a problem, why couldnt that person be honest about it so that his opponent could also pick a suitable team to match his?

Great point indeed!

It's all about giving the other guy a chance to pick a team that he thinks will make for a more fair and good contest.

If someone just misleads you, and tricks you by picking a more powerful team in the last seconds, it just isn't fair or right.

They should make a rule or something in the future to stop this.

I for one, don't care who you pick, as long as you stick with that team and not mislead me and change it in the last seconds.

It's all about having fun, and playing good futbol against your opponent, without any lag issues. But, in order to enjoy this, you both have to pick your teams and stick with them at least for that one match.

Let's be fair, Come on! FIFA Fairplay guys.....

Peace!
jflores

Last edited:
Speaking of FIFA Fairplay, I have, on several occasions, kicked the ball out when either one of my players or one of my opponents is down injured and needs attention...You can guess how many times I've gotten the ball thrown back to me (hint: it rhymes with hero).

codpiece said:
Speaking of FIFA Fairplay, I have, on several occasions, kicked the ball out when either one of my players or one of my opponents is down injured and needs attention...You can guess how many times I've gotten the ball thrown back to me (hint: it rhymes with hero).

What a shame...

By the way, does anyone know where my boy Ghazi is these days???

Haven't heard from him in ages.

Last edited:
codpiece said:

Yeah, I always make a point of giving it back to my opponent, even though Konami have made it tough enough in an online game as all you can do is hold circle and then super-cancel the crap out of your forward who chases the ball anyway.
I've even given it back to opponents who've tipped off and kicked it into touch to make a sub as they ran out of time in the pre-match setup.

Fair is fair, thats how I like to play. :)

johan said:
You are probably one of 'em anyways.. who doesn't know anyone or how to play with but the fabulous Ronaldinho, Adriano and other retards.. PATHETIC. :lol:

I play with Valencia or Liverpool, and I don't play online because of people online thinking they have some sort of right telling me how I can and can't play. Nobody online owes you a damn thing, so stop thinking you have some sort of right to tell people what teams they can choose. If you don't like playing against Brazil for the millionth time, then play offline.

Well said Mikey.

Oh and Dar: can you please read you pm, you're a moderator right? :)

Last edited:
Mikey said:
I play with Valencia or Liverpool, and I don't play online because of people online thinking they have some sort of right telling me how I can and can't play. Nobody online owes you a damn thing, so stop thinking you have some sort of right to tell people what teams they can choose. If you don't like playing against Brazil for the millionth time, then play offline.

Alright, so pick Brazil or Argentina and I will GUARANTEE you that I will beat you with Croatia.. find me online EwoWebJohan...

I found a solution for this now.

a clever move for Konami that would piss off all these wankers would be to.. shut down teams as you climb the ladder... that would show who would be great or not.. as you climb the ladder and rankings you would get restrictions on what teams you could pick.. that would not only demotivate such kids as also show who indeed was the best.

Mikey: What would u say if u pick liverpool and the person u are playing choses brazil in the last second? I am pretty sure you would be mad. I usually pick england/italy to play against brazil.

Redjuh: You gotta be kidding me if you think Milan has better stats then Brazil, one thing you fail to realize is that the circle is for the whole squad, and not for the starting 11. Do the starting 11 for brazil against the starting 11 for milan and you will see a big difference in stats. i think alot of novice players chose big teams with big circles cause they think the stats are for the starting 11, alot of teams like PSV, Ajax, Atletico Madrid, Lazio etc have teams that have a starting 11 fully capable of playing against bigger teams. BUT in my opinion brazil is stacked when it comes to speed and skill, and for the defence, u just turn off the defenders forward runs to make their defence just as good as any other teams defence. My point of this thread isnt that ppl chose brazil, my point of this thread was that when i chose my favourite club team, and the other peson has his team selected as chelsea, and then when 3 seconds are left, he quickly goes over to brazil, is in my opinion cheating.

Uhmm... you were debating between Inter and Juve... 2 powerhowse teams.. I don't see the problem. He just wanted to match you as best as he could..

When I pick Juve I don't care if people pick monster teams, cause Juve is a monster team.

johan said:
Alright, so pick Brazil or Argentina and I will GUARANTEE you that I will beat you with Croatia.. find me online EwoWebJohan...

I found a solution for this now.

I told you, I don't play online, and I'm not about to start playing online to prove some sort of point to a person like you when I don't give a shit. And, if you're gonna reply to my posts, at least come up with an arguement against what I posted instead of dribbling on about something else not even related to what I was talking about.

desiasx said:
Mikey: What would u say if u pick liverpool and the person u are playing choses brazil in the last second? I am pretty sure you would be mad. I usually pick england/italy to play against brazil.

Nope, I wouldn't be mad I always choose either Valencia or Liverpool, no matter what the other person chooses. If my opponent wants to play as Brazil, he can, you'll get no moaning about it from me.

What's far more annoying than playing against Brazil for the millionth time, are the people who play online and start talking smack. This is why I don't bother with the online modes anymore. Last time I played online is with PES4 on my Xbox about 7 months ago. I don't miss it at all.

Mauras said:
a clever move for Konami that would piss off all these wankers would be to.. shut down teams as you climb the ladder... that would show who would be great or not.. as you climb the ladder and rankings you would get restrictions on what teams you could pick.. that would not only demotivate such kids as also show who indeed was the best.

People can create multiple accounts. This won't work.

People also care about their ranks which is why they pick Brazils in the first play so they would still wanna use one account to keep up their rank.

They just need to seperate International from Club. I really dont mind playing with a bad team against a powerhouse. But if I pick Blackburn I dont want the other dork gettin brazil or italy. Id rather get challenged with milan madrid etc......

ermm what about you call your room: (WEAK) CLUBS ONLY
and if he picks a country you just d/c so you return to match room ?! I don't see the problem.... :s

Redjuh said:
ermm what about you call your room: (WEAK) CLUBS ONLY
and if he picks a country you just d/c so you return to match room ?! I don't see the problem.... :s
The problem is that we're all not as smart as a genius like you.

I just want to say that when a player is good you can beat Brazil or Milan. I play with Milan and it does not bother me the people who plays with Brazil. And if you dont like the team selection, reset your PS2 and be happy :)

Regards
putuco

It don't bother you because Milan is the best and most balanced team in the game.

Wow... Of course it don't bother you. Stop and think for a second.

The truth is the player skill has little effect on this game.It is all about luck and the better the team, the more luck you have. Skill is 10%, 90% is luck.

Man I wanna slap the shit out of everyone that picks milan against me when I pick out of the Europe A section.

RuneEdge said:
The problem is that we're all not as smart as a genius like you.

you are right man...

why he changed his team in last 3 second....he dont have confident in himslfe

some people wait you saw your team and try to take team have some advntage then you

Back
Top Bottom