What version of swap magic is best to get for we9???

P

pes_vetran

Just wondering what version is the best to get and what other tools do i need also to play we9 on me ps2

cheers guys

\\:o/ :)

I have 3.6 but use 2.0, ain't even tried 3.6 yet but 2.0 works perfect.

Silver is just the same but with different colour so it should work, I also used 2.0 on my silver old PS2 and it worked.

The only problem with the newest slim PS2s (black and silver) is that you will probably need to open them to sort out the little switches. The tools you can buy can't be fitted easily any more: www.swapmagic3.com

I'm having problems getting a patched version of WE9 working with Swap Magic. It's the newest version and it does boot the game, but it takes about 20 mins to load a game.
Could it be the blank media I've used to burn the patched version? The original import copy works fine, but I want it in English. Ive burnt like 6 or 7 versions and still get the same problem with them all using the same Bulkpaq media.

THEARCADEFIRE said:
I'm having problems getting a patched version of WE9 working with Swap Magic. It's the newest version and it does boot the game, but it takes about 20 mins to load a game.
Could it be the blank media I've used to burn the patched version? The original import copy works fine, but I want it in English. Ive burnt like 6 or 7 versions and still get the same problem with them all using the same Bulkpaq media.
If you make sure you are not running any other programs while burning then this should improve things for you.

THEARCADEFIRE said:

I had the exact same problem, then I bought the slimline and it loads up within seconds, how old is your PS2?

It's a slimline one. I made a backup of my Tekken 5 disc and that boots straight away from the same type of media I've been using for WE.

I'll have to get some different blanks this week and give them a try.

i have a v3, the oldest ps2 version. i read there might be problems playing a patched we9 via swap magic. is this true, does anyone knows about this?

well i'm using swap magic 2.0, and it works a treat. no probs whatsoever.

about the long loading times, it's funny. i remember WE7 never used to run well on my machine. i seem to remember it taking up to 20 attempts (no less!) to load the damn thing, and even then it sometimes crashed! (and that's the original, not even a patched version!). but all other versions so far, from WE6:FE onwards, have run smooth as silk, just WE7 that had a problem with my machine (the swine).
i dunno, every version is different, plus the media you're using has A LOT to do with it. even today, the different copies of WE9 i've burnt so far don't all load the same, some load up really fast, others seem to take a little longer, i swear sometimes i think my PS2 has a mind of it's own!

so basically: don't worry what version of swap magix you get, even the oldest works ok. and as regards media, i wouldn't go for the absolute dirt cheapest, just in case. but you can still pick up a proven brand at a good price and then you'll be sorted for sure.
man i'm reefed...

THEARCADEFIRE - yes, it's your crappy disks. Use Riteks (sometimes I use Maxells as well) for DVD and Verbatim for CDs. Alternatively, search the forums for loads of these sorts of discussions. Believe me, you're not the first....:D

i have a v3, the oldest ps2 version. i read there might be problems playing a patched we9 via swap magic. is this true, does anyone knows about this?

mines a v3 and never had any probs. Just find the right media (dvd-r / dvd+r). Mine uses dvd+r better yet there are a lot of people who find dvd-r better.

Back
Top Bottom