What will the lag be like on a 512k connection?

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
I have 512k connection with (I think) 128k upload. And I want to know if its worth it for me to go out and buy the original copy to play online. I already have it for the PS2 but I'm not sure if its worth paying for the PC version cuz I dont know how online will be with my connection. Anyone have any idea?

Thats fine, as long as you do not share your internet connection with anyone else whilst playing

*Runs to the bank to take out money for PES5*

*Then remembers the bank is closed at night when he bumps into the main doors*

terrible connection you will get lets be honest here.

min i wouls say upload 256kb/download 2mb
to play decent depending if konami have sorted out the programming side of online and their servers.

upgrade i would suggest prices are no different

Last edited:
KingJames said:
terrible connection you will get lets be honest here.

min i wouls say upload 256kb/download 2mb
to play decent depending if konami have sorted out the programming side of online and their servers.

upgrade i would suggest prices are no different

Nope your wrong, PES5 generates between 5/12kps, a 512/128 connection is perfectly adequate bandwidth for playing Pes online, lag is not caused by lack of bandwidth, but the route which the connection passes through and the time it takes to get there, its called latency.

It all depends how how good a quality connecting you have. As mentioned; bandwidth wise; 15k/s is the MAXIMUM it uses when either downloading (client) or uploading (as host) (from my measurements with IRC running too); 128k = 16k/s maximum bandwidth.

Therefore, the issue becomes not do you have enough bandwidth, but how good a quality is your connectiong. On a crap ISP that struggles to give you your full quota; yep you would lag. Hell, on a 1mb/256 connection that is poor you'd probably lag. But lag is to do with how long it takes to get from one pc to another... different providers take their internet traffic different routes.

I am on 1mb/128k blueyonder and I get no complaints as long as my housemate isn't using their pc on the internet.

i will try it tomorrow muppetshow (greek isp's sux it's true) but as u said now the game does not depend on the users connection (for client games)

Back
Top Bottom