Whats so great about online play anyway? TELL ME!

gfunk

SPL
18 July 2005
Glasgow
Dumbarton
Ok, so I activated my "48hr Gold Trial" (that came with PES6) this weekend - and I cant see what the fuss is about?

Aside from server issues (including only getting 2 games in a three hour period - untill I sussed out how to avoid the problems), I cant see why people can be bothered:

- Where's the fun in getting your arse handed to you by some pathetic prick playing as Barca, Man Utd, Chelsea or Brazil? (or like a couple of people, hovering over other teams till you select the likes of Rangers and then they change their selection to Barca!)

- How are you ment to improve your skill/game if you have to either go another super power or else simple go a reasonable team and get gubbed?

- Where is the true "matchmaking" aspect, where people of similar records/abilities play? It doesnt seem to ring true

I can take a beating, but not if the odds are stacked against you before the game starts (and you have to listen to some smug prick cheering as Wayne Rooney tears through your less-then-sparkling Galatasary defence

I WANT to enjoy online play, and WANT to be convinced to subscribe to Live Gold but I cant see how players who arent already brilliant (or are not particularly wanting to go Barca/Man Utd/Chelsea) can get enjoyment out of this.

SOMEONE CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE! PLEASE!!!

I generally always use one of the French teams eg. PSG, Marseille, Auxerre and yet i still manage to beat people playing with either Barca, Inter etc Just makes it that much more satisfying when they either disconnect or refuse a rematch.

Its satisfying when it happens, but its a rare occurance while (like me) you are building your skills

gfunk you sound like me (I usually just random my team and choose them that way) - add me to your friends list and I'll give you a game without any of the hassle

Gamertag: ukbluejay

I'm definately not brilliant at the game!

cool will do!

just got drubbed 5-0 by thiery henry (some guy, as arsenal, that was highly ranked and clearly plays all day) - it hurt alot

I just feel dirty going teams like Real and Chelsea JUST so I have a chance

For all my griping, Ill probably get Live Gold!

gfunk said:
Its satisfying when it happens, but its a rare occurance while (like me) you are building your skills

To be fair you've completely deflated your argument with that last sentence.

You're not good enough to challenge most players on ranked matches.... so keep playing until you find someone of similar ability (The division that they are in will give you a clue) and just keep playing against them...

In PES5 i have a list of about 20 buddy's who i play 90% of my games against.. all of similar ability.

If i try to play number 1 in the world i'm going to get my ass beaten... which is why i usually stay clear of playing the best players... im just not that good.

If i was a chelsea fan (which im not), then you can bet i'd want to play as chelsea all the time.... this DOES NOT make me a pathetic pr*ck.

Ive been playing online for most of day only managing bout ten games of which ive lost 6!! im getting sick and tired of people playing as barca, man u, chelsea, inter and real.
Ive been playing as valencia who r so so but id rather play with just a half decent team and lose than chelsea and win everytime!!!

gfunk said:
SOMEONE CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE! PLEASE!!!
If you dont like it, thats your problem. Asking us to convince you is pointless and a waste of time for us.
Sorry if that sounded cruel but its the truth. How can we make it any better for you if you've already experienced it?

sticknfix said:
If i was a chelsea fan (which im not), then you can bet i'd want to play as chelsea all the time.... this DOES NOT make me a pathetic pr*ck.

Well there is ALOT of Chelsea fans out there now - esp playing whilst the real Chelsea were today too!

And I never knew the UK had such a big Inter and Barca fanbase!

it DOES make you pathetic if someone picks a lesser team, and you hold your selecter over an equal team, then once they select you move and pick a superpower

Im not that awfula player, but my understanding was the ranking system would pick equal level players - i dont go out and pick top ranking player!

And its harder to pick "friends" of a symilar level if you are new to the game and everyone you get games against is some PRICK who plays as Chelsea, Inter, Barca and Brazil

My main problem is that the game is unplayable for me. I have played 20 or so games and for a few matches in a row had 20+ shots in a row, every single one of which went over the bar due to "button lag". You can't press the button for a shorter time than I pressed it, yet the power-bar fills up and the ball is out of the stadium. How can you play a game like that? I don't understand it.

But anyway, I agree with what you say totally. It's not much fun playing Barca v Chelsea a million times over. Or e.g. Charlton v Barca either, if you're brave and you stick to your team.

I'm swapping the game for Tiger Woods 2007 tomorrow.

RuneEdge said:
If you dont like it, thats your problem. Asking us to convince you is pointless and a waste of time for us.
Sorry if that sounded cruel but its the truth. How can we make it any better for you if you've already experienced it?

Its a discussion forum - I was mearly trying to start a discussion

to be honest - and this may suprise you\\:o/ - my decision on online play wont be made up by what people say here!!!

I was a bit tired of people constantly airing their server gripes on the forums and when you bring up other problems with the game, alot of people say offline is pointless - I dont agree and wish to open the discussion

you're absolutely right, online in 360 completely blows ....FACT

between the cheaters and the button lag it's just not worth the aggravation.

Jack Bauer said:
I'm swapping the game for Tiger Woods 2007 tomorrow.

You won't regret it Jack.I'm not condoning the sale of PES 6 mate,but If you must get another game,go for Tiger.

Bought this last week,and it plays sweeter than a whores nickers.

That is all...:D

all iam hearing is

u= "iam crap at the game and i cant win, wawawawa, they pick man u or arsenal." THEN YOU GO PICK MAN U OR ARSENAL ASWELL

and stop bitchin cause u lose all the time. jeez

fuckin noobs

reddevils said:
all iam hearing is

u= "iam crap at the game and i cant win, wawawawa, they pick man u or arsenal." THEN YOU GO PICK MAN U OR ARSENAL ASWELL

and stop bitchin cause u lose all the time. jeez

fuckin noobs

M8,

The problem is that some people want to play as their team against other opposition I always play as Newcastle (lets face facts they ain't great), I would love to play a tottenham, charlton, man city fan playing as their team..but no its Real Madrid, Barca, Milan , Brasil, to be honest I don't mind Man U or Arsenal but 90% are Barca and Real and its boring after a while.

Yes I can play as Barca or Real etc but I don't want to, the problem is this game is 70% skill and the other 30% is a mix of the team/ luck and bl00dy button lag :)

Stumpy

you should definately get Live. Just stop playing ranked games and search the gamertag topics in thif forum and others. Play unranked games or try to arrange ranked matches against friends.

I have played a few games ranked, but they aren't has fun as playing people that you can build up a rapport with and also play a series of matchs instead of one offs. I'm not online in any kind of regular fashion, but anyone here is welcome to send me a FR and I'll try and get on for some games. Just send a message stating you are from here so I know where your from.

I'm not great at this game, but I'm getting better. I'd like more people to play unranked for sure.

to be honest, i find that if you play "player matches" you never have these issues.
people are just playing for fun and if you kop a beating who cares!

its more relaxed playing that was as there is nothing to lose.

much more enjoyable

well for starters all the Rtards who claim to be super players by playing the com all the time by them selfs and think they are good get a hiding online and thats the only ones who hate online play for any game its all fine and dandy playing the com on any game but go online and test your metal against real players good or bad its all the same,online is the way games are going and if you dont like it tough! another Rtard less to worry about online,why buy a 360 and not go online?thats like buying a pc and not surfing the net.

online game haters are usually ps2/nintendo owners who love playing by(and some say with) themselfs.

I have joined Proevonetwork.com to play games with people who doesn't cheat and in the leagues you get a team which isn't a "slag-team".. Proevonetwork-players usually don't care about their online-ranking, but their league-ranking matters to them... that means you could play online all day with your league-team, practising for the league-games.. not concerned about loosing to Inter, Barcalona and so on.. cheaters can cheat and you won't care.. and you could always just play unranked games.. the top 100 PES6 players are all potential cheaters in my book anyway.. so who cares about the PES6 rankingsystem?? Have fun playing..

well for starters all the Rtards who claim to be super players by playing the com all the time by them selfs and think they are good get a hiding online and thats the only ones who hate online play for any game its all fine and dandy playing the com on any game but go online and test your metal against real players good or bad its all the same,online is the way games are going and if you dont like it tough! another Rtard less to worry about online,why buy a 360 and not go online?thats like buying a pc and not surfing the net.

online game haters are usually ps2/nintendo owners who love playing by(and some say with) themselfs.

so by your reasoning, theres no point in owning an xbox360 unless you have an hdtv too????

Good shout mate.:applause:

Do I see an old-firm dust up on the horizon...:roll:

:D

on this seasons form, ill be keeping my mouth shut!:(
(plg = please leave govan!!!)

But seriously, Live is just one aspect of 360 gaming. If it was the ONLY reason, game makers wouldnt waste time and money (the vast majority of their budgets) on single player modes

I always use a mixture of teams, Blackburn, Marseille, Fiorentina, Le mans or Ajax yet all the teams i have played have been inter/brazil/barce.. only one guiy i played [off this site sorry forgot name] he played as Sweden so i played as Holland so it was quite a fair game for stats wise and it was a great game, he won 2 - 1 in the end but it was a game of chances at both ends and i respected him alot for not using brazil or another superpower...

Ha Ha,You could be a Hearts fan mate...See....Things ain't all that bad

:D

We are the biggest joke in world football at the moment:lol:

Untill Sunday!Then Le Gaffer's season will die on its arse

On the upside, Big Elvis may make a return to his starting ground, now your owner/megalomaniac doesnt want him as captain:lmao:

again i dont give afuck about all the retards who buy 360's and dont play online these guys are the ones who like playing by themselves and are under the illusion that they are good players of games like pro 6 and other games and when they get enough courage to go play online they run away when the get their baws toed.

and lay of paul le guen he is the best rangers manager in years!

again i dont give afuck about all the retards who buy 360's and dont play online these guys are the ones who like playing by themselves and are under the illusion that they are good players of games like pro 6 and other games and when they get enough courage to go play online they run away when the get their baws toed.

and lay of paul le guen he is the best rangers manager in years!

Thats another sweeping statement with some specious reasoning!
People that dont play online dont all believe they are great; As I said before, the biggest part of games creaters budgets/time is spent on SINGLE player modes - so online is seen as an EXTRA not the MAIN part of games

As for your "run away when they get their baws toed" bit - are you 13???:roll:

(Le Guen is the French John Barnes)

Been giving people a hiding on Live ever since i got the game using the likes of Bolton, PSG etc against the likes of Barca, Inter etc. Must have played over a 100 games now and lost only 2 on unranked matches. This is why i love playing online as you can test yourself against real players and find out how good you really are after years of plaing the series against only the CPU.

Thats another sweeping statement with some specious reasoning!
People that dont play online dont all believe they are great; As I said before, the biggest part of games creaters budgets/time is spent on SINGLE player modes - so online is seen as an EXTRA not the MAIN part of games

As for your "run away when they get their baws toed" bit - are you 13???:roll:

(Le Guen is the French John Barnes)

oh god is that wrong

MP as important as SP now for the developers bcause XBOX LIVE is so popular. if u dont have online features than ur game aint gonna do well. i do not have a single game that is not LIVE enabled(if i did have then i probably sold it bcause it got boring bcause there were no online features)

Back
Top Bottom