When will PES/WE be released for PSP?

KOP_007

Banned
22 March 2003
Merseyside
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009XH4DY/202-7845065-6520645

Yeah, I know, pure speculation.

Anyone got any news on it? I'm assuming it will be out in Japan first...and since PSP is multi-region, it will be available to us all.

I've been playing World Tour Soccer on the PSP of late and cant believe how much I enjoy football on the move. This is Football has always been my number 2 football game...and will fit the bill until PES/WE and FM comes out.

But, Konami, please, I know you may be forced too, but dotn bundle it with an update past 1.5. Just dont do it.

We've got the same date in our books aswell.

Im pretty sure Pro Evo will be out on PSP this year, PSM2 magazine have got a PSP preview in their next mag released on the 28th.

I bet the game will have so many things missing from the console versions.

RuneEdge said:
I bet the game will have so many things missing from the console versions.

I dont think it will.

1.8gb of space to use. The graphics wont need to be as good due to the smaller screen. It's going to be a dream.

Yeah if they can fit the entire game of Midnight Club 3, including 80 licensed music tracks onto the PSP they wont need to leave anything out of th PSP version of Winning Eleven.

I am hoping it may actually look better than WE8 due to the amazing screen and the resolution the PSP can put out.

Certainly VERY high hopes for this, we just need a screen or a release date or something, anything.. *crys*

Have you seen Fifa on the psp, its like a ps1 game. I
think they will struggle to get a winning eleven 8le type game running on the psp.

What, in looks? I've played FIFA on the PSP and it looks like a PS2 game....but it's slow,buggy and overall, crap.

WTS (TIF) is good though.

Even if they released anthing like the ISS:PES series from the PS I'd be happy.

yeah cant wait i think it will def be out on the psp..There's nothing wrong with Fifa on the psp it looks like the ps2 version

Fifa is well known to have been rushed through in its port from Ps2 so that it could take sales from World Soccer as soon as it could.
thereby it was jerky and had annoying waits between menu's and loading times.

However don't expect the load times to be cut drastically but expect better games, the psp has a faster processor than the ps2 (although it isn't running at full speed due to the shorter life battery currently bundled with the console). When sony finally release the longer life and more powerful battery then expect much better looking games and faster load times. It is currently running at 233mhz due to this battery otherwise it would die out within 3 hrs but when the longer life lithium ion (sony state they are creating there own technology for a longer life battery, but this would easily do, with some work) battery comes out it will be running at 333mhz.

With full capabilities and the power of the lil PSP screen there is no reason why they should not be able to successfully create a good looking if not near ps2 looking WE game for all of us to enjoy... lets wait and see eh?

I'm sure you all know that you can run pirate games from the memory stick as well.

At the moment, you have to extract the iso and run the game...now, none of us condone piracy and we all buy our PES/WE, but this is good news for mods, patches and the like....I wonder what are the chances of Konami keeping similiar file structures as they have done with all previous releases?

Still, I beleive this to be good news for us.

Yes it would be good for patches and mods but I won't be pirating games. First things first Nokami get the damn game out... please.

yes so do we all... thing thats worrying is that Nokami have not mentioned it all since the console (psp) was released no screens no news (of note)no info... nothing. I have a bad feeling about this.

Same here.

A proper PES on the go will be immense.

What is confusing me tthough is that we have nothin on WE, but an Amazon release date for PES...but there's no way they'd release PES first.

Back in the day, I though it might come a couple of months after the new PS2 version, along with XBOX and PS2. But who knows?

Konami wont miss the opportunity, it's just a killer waiting for it.

And import sites are listing the game for September release. I wonder how they designed the gameplay with out R2, L2, and no 2nd Stick-

With the PlayStation Meeting 2005 about to open for trade industry insiders in just a few hours, the latest issue of Famitsu was bound to have some big news and surprises. The magazine's biggie is obviously its unveiling of a next-gen instant blockbuster, but there are also some details for portable fans to get excited about.

The biggest news is a listing for the PSP edition of Winning Eleven. Announced almost a year ago but talked about only in small doses since, the PSP game is listed in the magazine for the first time under its full name, Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Edition. The game seems to be following on the latest console versions of the game, and is due out in Japan this September (there's no word on a US release yet, but isn't that a nice surprise?)

CAN'T BELEIVE IT. If you build it he will come enters the mind.

www.pesinsight.com said:
Eurogamer have unveiled details of the PSP release of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on the PSP. Today we also have screenshots of the game for the first time.

There will be six different leagues, various cup competitions, and the facility to link-up with the PS2 version of PES5 to exchange data including teams created on PS2. Players will then be able to use these teams against other PSP users and swap teams with them too.There will be six different leagues, various cup competitions, and the facility to link-up with the PS2 version of PES5 to exchange data including teams created on PS2. Players will then be able to use these teams against other PSP users and swap teams with them too.

You can read the full article
here and see the first screenshots here.

The game will be released this autumn.

Taken from the thread in the PES PS2 section

Screenies:

ss_preview_PES5_PSP_21-36-37.jpg

ss_preview_PES5_PSP_21-18-55.jpg

ss_preview_PES5_PSP_21-59-35.jpg

There's a few more to see if you follow that link.

I think the graphics look excellent, especially since these pictures are blown up. It will look incredibly sharp on the PSPs screen :D

Back
Top Bottom