Which DVD format is best...

fcb10

Cule
8 August 2004
UK
when you are trying to burn a patched Winning Eleven/PES onto a DVD?
Is it DVD+R, DVD-R or DVD-RAM?
I don't think DVD+RW and DVD-RW aren't usable on PS2s.
I have the JAP version of the old model PS2 (ie not the new thinner models). Mine is SCPH-10000.
And also which program is best? I used Nero to burn CDs but not sure whether it will be good for DVDs...
And should I use the lowest writing speed possible on Nero just to be safe or does that not matter?
Does the speed that the DVDs can be written up to (eg mine is max 16x on DVD-R&+R) matter as well?
Thanks in advance.

use dvd decrypter aswell. However for some reason dvd+r works a lot better for my ps2 then dvd-r. Its a version 2 ps2(not slim) so one of the old ones

Mine is PS2 v9, and DVD+R works better. And I use Nero or DVD Decrypter, usually problems have to do with the media you use, not with the software.

Your PS2 version? I think it says on the back somewhere...

DVD-Rs seem most common. I also looked at some test of a few DVD burners and DVD+/-Rs and they showed that DVD-Rs burn best and I think also fastest.

DVD decrypter the best program to use to deal with ISO's or any format to that matter.

I use DVD+R (Mitsubishi, NEC, Verbatim) but change it to DVD rom by DVD internal software (BenQ)

And burn it by DVD decrypter at 2.4x, never fail.

Last edited:
Do you all have MOD chips or do you use other methods to get this to work.

I have an Origa chip, but it doesn't seem to be working on the patched copy.

It works fine for the original import. I have a US PS2.

hey guys
i have a ps2 version 1. SO old i know
just wondering if i should use DVD-R or DVD+R to backup games?
thanx

I have a v4 ps2 (u5 number, with 8 screws) and it seems to like we9 better on dvd+r media. However, other we patches are on dvd-r and work fine. About your V1 ps2, buy one disc dvd-r and another dvd+r, burn both with the same game and try to find which one boots faster, with less noise and in a more reliable way.

do u guys hv wierd sounds coming out from ur PS2 when playing burned/patched WEs?

Is it normal?

The only time your PS2 should be making any noise is whaen its loading. If its making sounds constantly then I sugeest you use a higher quality DVD media and burn your disks at 2x speed.

The only discs you SHOULDN'T use (unless you're just trying something out once to see if it works) are DVD-RW / DVD+RW. They put more strain on your PS2 laser and if you keep using one of those every day, in a few months you'll notice other games mysteriously failing to load...

My computer only burns DVD+R anyway. Never had a problem, except - this has been verified by my mate who has the same model PS2 as me - TDK DVD+R that come in square packs, ie five DVDs in cases sealed together, are perfect and work beautifully every time. The same TDK DVD+Rs when you buy them in a spindle tub WILL NOT LOAD on a model 10 PS2, or load too slowly and noisily, and play with lag.

Anyway, I just discovered Ridata DVD+R, from computer supplies shops. Ten quid for 25, and they work like a dream.

Hi guys

how come when i selected to burn the dvd at 1x it then burned at rates such as 4x and 4.2x? i use dvd dycrpter but for some reason it just didnt burn it at what i set it too does anybody know why?
Ive been playin my copy but will 4x ruin my laser?

Thanks

My mitsubishi dvd-r after being burned with nero at 2.4x with fernando v4 patch is not detected by my ps2...It keeps showing a red screen with "please insert a playstation blah blah blah....."I have tried with ole mini mix patch and it also show the red screen again with another different disc.I also tried with dvd-rw verbatim and also never worked.Help!How can i play it?Anyways,my ps2 is moddified about 2 years ago.Tried with nero and even alchohol 120...

does any1 have problems backin up other games, i have backed up my qe9 and they always seem to work, but when tryin to back up and patch my other games, most of them being EA sports games they all seem nto to work correctly, the sound is always buggered and get long loading times, i burn on ritek dvd-r disks at 2x speed does nay1 no what the problem could be??

stueyg said:
does any1 have problems backin up other games, i have backed up my qe9 and they always seem to work, but when tryin to back up and patch my other games, most of them being EA sports games they all seem nto to work correctly, the sound is always buggered and get long loading times, i burn on ritek dvd-r disks at 2x speed does nay1 no what the problem could be??

id like to know too any1??

Back
Top Bottom