Which is the biggest football team?

F

ferenc

Hello dudes,
we have created a web site which considers almost all the football teams in the world. vote for your team and let it rise up on the list.

thanks, regards

vote your team

Seeing is believing. Spurs are more popular than Man Utd.
After all they are renowned for playing stylish football.
Look it up in the history books. ;)

:D
1. Benfica 889
2. Sporting 413
3. FC Porto 180
4. West Ham Un. 179
5. Tottenham H.145

For me, there's no doubts about the best team in the world... Real Madrid, but nowadays it's Barcelona.

Seeing is believing. Spurs are more popular than Man Utd.
After all they are renowned for playing stylish football.
Look it up in the history books. ;)

spurs arn't more popular than man utd.:lmao: spurs and stylise football sould'nt be in the same sentence.and if you check the history books it will tell you man utd have won more trophies. which means they play better football.

spurs arn't more popular than man utd.:lmao: spurs and stylise football sould'nt be in the same sentence.and if you check the history books it will tell you man utd have won more trophies. which means they play better football.

Is that right Gareth?

So tell me under which team did Arthur Rowe devised the STYLISH Push & Run method of play which many consider to be the precursor to Total Football and had Alf Ramsay as among their heroes? Hmm?

You have no trouble in belittling Spurs despite your lack knowledge of their history and their achievements...

Well lets remind everybody what those were...

Which club had a first overseas player to play in the football league?

Which team is the only non-league side ever to win the FA Cup and had led with the highest number of wins before Man Utd?

Which British team was first to win a European trophy?

Which club was first to do the double in the 20th century?

Which club was first known to chant Glory Glory... to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic before Man Utd and other clubs rip them off?

If you really wanna be silly about it....

When it comes to trophies, Liverpool leads the pack, so which means they play better football than Man Utd... Right? :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone move this thread, it's clogging up my arteries.

More than 25 million people in Turkey supports Galatasaray. (It's official) Also, there are more than 10 million people in Europe and I belive that half of them supports Galatasaray. So, what these numbers show us?

:D:D:D

It's just a joke, I dont belive this theory, I belive that biggest team must have strong history like Real Madrid. For me, biggest team in the world is Real Madrid.

lol :D

When I say official supporters, I say supporters with name in the club, with a personal card of the own club and payable membership fee every month.

Benfica has someting like 14 millions of fans (non-official supporters) around the world. 6 millions in Portugal and 8 millions in rest of the world.

Cheers ;)

Edit: So I say...

Best: Real Madrid (15 International Honours)
Biggest: Benfica (165.527 Thousand Official Supporters source: www.ninguemparaobenfica.com)

Last edited:
Hi guys!
I think that the best team isn't always your favourite!
For example my favourite team is Man Utd but I think Barca is the best team!

Is that right Gareth?

So tell me under which team did Arthur Rowe devised the STYLISH Push & Run method of play which many consider to be the precursor to Total Football and had Alf Ramsay as among their heroes? Hmm?

You have no trouble in belittling Spurs despite your lack knowledge of their history and their achievements...

Well lets remind everybody what those were...

Which club had a first overseas player to play in the football league?

Which team is the only non-league side ever to win the FA Cup and had led with the highest number of wins before Man Utd?

Which British team was first to win a European trophy?

Which club was first to do the double in the 20th century?

Which club was first known to chant Glory Glory... to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic before Man Utd and other clubs rip them off?

If you really wanna be silly about it....

When it comes to trophies, Liverpool leads the pack, so which means they play better football than Man Utd... Right? :roll:

I'm not gettin involved in a argument i am going to win, man utd have won more trophies than tottenham fact, we've got a better stadium, better players, more fans (50 million worldwide).

liverpool have won more trophies and most of them were won in the 80's were as man utd dominated the 90's and 2000. this season man utd have played the best football in the premiership.

we are 1st in the league,tottenham are 11th. we've won the fa cup the most(11 times), premier league(8),champions league(2)the only english team to win the treble,UEFA Cup Winners Cup,Intercontinental Cup,European Super Cup and we were the first team to win the premier league.

plus we have had some of the best players in the world in the team over the years.
George Best,Bobby Charlton,Eric Cantona and the list is endless. were as tottenham don't attract big players anymore. so it is a fact that manchester united are a better club than tottenham.

Hello dudes,
we have created a web site which considers almost all the football teams in the world. vote for your team and let it rise up on the list.

thanks, regards

can you add Libya to African teams if there is no space put it in Asia :mrgreen:

For me, there's no doubts about the best team in the world... Real Madrid, but nowadays it's Barcelona.

I meant my reply as a joke. You say no doubts it is Real Madrid. Then you say it is Barcelona. :lol:

from personal experience it is Man Utd. I:ve been to a lot of countries and everyone knows Manchester United but not everyone knows the other teams, especially not Benfica nad Galatasatay

I'm not gettin involved in a argument i am going to win, man utd have won more trophies than tottenham fact, we've got a better stadium, better players, more fans (50 million worldwide).

liverpool have won more trophies and most of them were won in the 80's were as man utd dominated the 90's and 2000. this season man utd have played the best football in the premiership.

we are 1st in the league,tottenham are 11th. we've won the fa cup the most(11 times), premier league(8),champions league(2)the only english team to win the treble,UEFA Cup Winners Cup,Intercontinental Cup,European Super Cup and we were the first team to win the premier league.

plus we have had some of the best players in the world in the team over the years.
George Best,Bobby Charlton,Eric Cantona and the list is endless. were as tottenham don't attract big players anymore. so it is a fact that manchester united are a better club than tottenham.

You really are missing the point aren't you.
I cannot stand fans like yourself who solely measure football on success.

As much as I dislike them, Tottenham are famed for playing great football, not necassarily winning as may honours as your mob.
Ourselves also (West Ham) have a massive reputation for great football and we have hardly been succesful.

Ron Greenwood and Arthur Rowe are amongst 2 of the main pioneers of what we know as good football in this country.
All 4 of the goals scored in the World Cup final and the captain were taught at West Ham by Greenwood who learned from the great european sides, notably hungary of the same era.

Consider many of the players that are the leading names in english football and also 2 that now make up your premiership leading side: Ferdinand and Carrick, - both from West Ham's youth academy which was built on the very base which Greenwood laid down.

I know I have gone off the rails towards West Ham a little, but it is a parralel with the point rightly being made by Jack Pott and that is regardless of your titles and success over the years which is the reason behind such smug and arrogant remarks you have made; the fact remains that if it wasn't for certain clubs (West Ham and Spurs being 2 of the main ones) Man Utd and other clubs would still be playing with inside rights and a 6ft 4" striker to hoof the ball to.

The standard of technical ability is so far behind our european counterparts already that you should be a little more appreciative of what other less succesful clubs than yourself have brought to the english game.

only 170ish for arsenal? and sao paolo at top? wtf?how can sheffield united be mroe popular than arsenal?

It should be renamed to 'Which teams fans have the most time on their hands, and don't get bored by voting many times.'

You really are missing the point aren't you.
I cannot stand fans like yourself who solely measure football on success.

As much as I dislike them, Tottenham are famed for playing great football, not necassarily winning as may honours as your mob.
Ourselves also (West Ham) have a massive reputation for great football and we have hardly been succesful.

Ron Greenwood and Arthur Rowe are amongst 2 of the main pioneers of what we know as good football in this country.
All 4 of the goals scored in the World Cup final and the captain were taught at West Ham by Greenwood who learned from the great european sides, notably hungary of the same era.

Consider many of the players that are the leading names in english football and also 2 that now make up your premiership leading side: Ferdinand and Carrick, - both from West Ham's youth academy which was built on the very base which Greenwood laid down.

I know I have gone off the rails towards West Ham a little, but it is a parralel with the point rightly being made by Jack Pott and that is regardless of your titles and success over the years which is the reason behind such smug and arrogant remarks you have made; the fact remains that if it wasn't for certain clubs (West Ham and Spurs being 2 of the main ones) Man Utd and other clubs would still be playing with inside rights and a 6ft 4" striker to hoof the ball to.

The standard of technical ability is so far behind our european counterparts already that you should be a little more appreciative of what other less succesful clubs than yourself have brought to the english game.

i'm not going to read that, because i'll just get bored:roll: but i did read the start of it, and i think you're rite, westham have always played good football(except this season) and they do have a good youth system, but i still don't think spurs are a big team, yes they play ok football but if i saw a spurs match on tv i would rather watch coronation street:lol: and i don't really care if you hate fans like me.

I dare you to have a rational and sensible answer to what I posted? Anyone with half a sense of english football should probably agree with the general tone of my post.

Anyway, the fact that you were too ignorant to read my post i'll put this too you:

Spurs aren't a big club you say?

They are the probably the 5th biggest club in England and in the top 20 biggest in the world.
They were always pretty close to Arsenal in terms of size and were far bigger than Chelsea before Chelsea became the corporate whores they are.
Hell, West Ham and Chelsea were about the same size before around the early 90's.
(Please, tell me if I am out of line here, but I would harbour a guess that you are no older than 20 and probably only know football from Euro 96 onwards possibly?)

You are a 'supporter' of the biggest club in the world so it is fair to say you have very little concept of the size and importance of anyone else barring yourselves.
Kinda makes sense.

Actually in Italy, Juventus are definately the 'bigger' club. Milan is bigger than juventus in europe though.
sure agree with you :) i was only talking about this web ;)
well when i posted my reply milan voted the first lol (( 1. Sao Paulo))

Last edited:
I dare you to have a rational and sensible answer to what I posted? Anyone with half a sense of english football should probably agree with the general tone of my post.

Anyway, the fact that you were too ignorant to read my post i'll put this too you:

Spurs aren't a big club you say?

They are the probably the 5th biggest club in England and in the top 20 biggest in the world.
They were always pretty close to Arsenal in terms of size and were far bigger than Chelsea before Chelsea became the corporate whores they are.
Hell, West Ham and Chelsea were about the same size before around the early 90's.
(Please, tell me if I am out of line here, but I would harbour a guess that you are no older than 20 and probably only know football from Euro 96 onwards possibly?)

You are a 'supporter' of the biggest club in the world so it is fair to say you have very little concept of the size and importance of anyone else barring yourselves.
Kinda makes sense.

i have just read you're post before this and to be fair you're true, spurs are a big club in england, but i don't agree there one of the best in the world.

i think that arsenal just edge out spurs now on there new stadium.plus that since the premier league has started arsenal have been better, i know that tottenham used to be a big team(before i was born)and no i'm 20 yet, still a few years to go. and i do know how import concept of the size and importance of anyone else, for example westham, if they get relegated this season they will lose out on the new tv deal the premier league is getting, i forget the figure of money i think its maybe 50 million?

i also support a team here in northern ireland " linfield fc" i know how important it is for us to win the league and get as far in europe as possible, man utd make money by the millions and for a team like linfield it is important to get as much as we can to survive.

Well our situation isn't as bad as it seems.
We get to lose all of our 'sorry excuse for professionals' and make a fair bit of money on them.
Cutting the wage bill and also have the benefit of a wealthy owner now.

I'm looking forward to when this happens, regardless of what league we are in.
Going away to Stoke on a Tuesday night is as enjoyable as going to Old Trafford for me...it doesn't matter what league we play in, I just want players who want to play for the team.
We have about 8 players who don't!

(Sorry if I was a bit condasending about your age, it's just I assumed you was younger as many younger people only tend to take into account what happens in football in the last 10 years);)

Back
Top Bottom