Which PES for PSP?

Joël22

League 2
23 September 2019
I’m want to buy a PSP(playstation Portable) and a PES game.
Which Pes is best on the PSP? Can’t find much information on the internet.

I’m want to buy a PSP(playstation Portable) and a PES game.
Which Pes is best on the PSP? Can’t find much information on the internet.

You are a man of good taste, my friend.
We discussed that pertinent question often here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/
If you're looking for the best gameplay experience, despite its flaws, PES08 PSP is by far the best. Sure, there's only one stadium and some framerate issues, but from PES09 to PES14, the gameplay became a bit more arcade - and they're still a lot of fun, just not as realistic as PES08.

Plus, PES08 PSP has another big advantage: it is still being updated to the current season. Check out the Laziale OF which for me is one of the best retro-PES works around.

You are a man of good taste, my friend.
We discussed that pertinent question often here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/
If you're looking for the best gameplay experience, despite its flaws, PES08 PSP is by far the best. Sure, there's only one stadium and some framerate issues, but from PES09 to PES14, the gameplay became a bit more arcade - and they're still a lot of fun, just not as realistic as PES08.

Plus, PES08 PSP has another big advantage: it is still being updated to the current season. Check out the Laziale OF which for me is one of the best retro-PES works around.

Fantastic! So which PSP do I need? 3000 i think. Then I buy an fysiek (or digital?) copy of pes 08. How do I install the Laziale OF on the psp? I dont have an ps3 :).

I have the PSP3000 and it works beautifully, it's a sound choice. I think it's worth buying a physical copy, they're so cheap these days, especially when considering the quality of this game. As for the installation, it's pretty simple. You need a USB cable, connect the PSP to your PC, go to your PSP's main menu Settings-USB Connection. If the connection is successful, you'll be able to access your PSP's files on your PC.
- open the "PSP/SAVEDATA" folder on your computer
- open the Laziale OF, transfer the "ULES..." folder to PSP/SAVEDATA
- done!

I have PES 2014 which I got online from mainland Europe, I believe the last PES game on PSP (even on Sony Handheld, was there PES on the Vita? Maybe 2015). PES 2009 has the editing features. PES 5 & 6 are great games to me, but the kits can't be changed

If you want the ability of modding, try choosing PES2014 (although now it seems centered on PPSSPP like the use of textures). But if you just want a pure PSP option file experience, consider buying PES2008. I know there is only one option file (that is updated recently), but the stats are not wacky and still remains realistic to me.

@Miku: yes, PES14 was the last PS2/PSP PES ever, and sadly PES was never released for the Vita.

@IrfaN28: PES14 PSP seems to enjoy a very active modding scene, but not only the gameplay is inferior to PES08 in my opinion, I see a lot of carelessness when it comes to updating the database part of the game, less so than on the modded textures.

@IrfaN28: PES14 PSP seems to enjoy a very active modding scene, but not only the gameplay is inferior to PES08 in my opinion, I see a lot of carelessness when it comes to updating the database part of the game, less so than on the modded textures.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is true. The database is full of carelessness and straight-up lazy.
Also, I can't find any "in-game" mods like we usually did with our PES in PC and PS2. Even though there is, it's not that updated, or it came a couple years ago. For me, playing PES in PPSSPP Android version is not what the game meant to be. You need to use your index finger to press L/R (consider using the original layout). I prefer the easy-to-understand layout like the DLS or PES Mobile.

I have the PSP3000 and it works beautifully, it's a sound choice. I think it's worth buying a physical copy, they're so cheap these days, especially when considering the quality of this game. As for the installation, it's pretty simple. You need a USB cable, connect the PSP to your PC, go to your PSP's main menu Settings-USB Connection. If the connection is successful, you'll be able to access your PSP's files on your PC.
- done!
Ow men! Fantastic! Searching for a good psp deal on marketplace. i’m very enthousiast to try this!

- done!
off topic. Is it also this easy on a ps2? I can buy a ps2 7004model, 2 controllers, without an memorycard for 35 euro. But don’t know what next steps to take to play pes 2008 in her full glory.

@Pavel08: I wasn't talking about the default PEs database but the updates made by modders, they seem to focus more on the visual aspect like faces and adboards and all that instead of perfecting the OF.
Still, though that wasn't my point, you can notice some carelessness on the developers' behalf when building the database of PES14 PSP. There's a lot of strange things, for example a Polish team (Legia?) which is absurdly overrated.

@Joël22: Great! The PSP is also great for emulation, I play a lot of Game Boy/ GBA games there too.
As for the PS2, that seems like a nice deal. If you get PES2008 PS2 (which is simply one of the best PES games ever), and if you have PES08 PSP as well, you can install Option Files on the PSP with the method I told you about and then, from the PSP, you can pass it over to PES08 PS2 by connecting both consoles with a USB cable. Then,...
- Turn on both consoles with PES08 running;
- go to System Settings - Receive/send Data Link (or something like this), according to where you want to transfer the file to.
- Done!

There's another method that doesn't need a PSP PES to get the file onto the PS2, but personally I never tried it. Plus, since I have and play a lot of both PES08 PS2 and PSP, this comes much handier.

@miguelfcp yeah i cant find any new OF with PSD stats so i still stay with default database. About default database, not sure about those Polish team but i think they are good and polished

Back
Top Bottom