Which players do you think should be improved in WE9 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is footballlllll!!!!
Congratualtions PLF. :applause:
All the football lovers are waiting for your data!You know that... :l1: :triangle:

Thanks, I know you've seen some of the interim work so you can be really excited :)
The rest of these people have only heard about it lol! so they can't be THAT Excited yet lol.

Take care Kenzo

PLF said:
Thanks, I know you've seen some of the interim work so you can be really excited :)
The rest of these people have only heard about it lol! so they can't be THAT Excited yet lol.

Take care Kenzo

I m excited because i ve seen some of the work and is a fact - will be a great database. Details that for Konami or other simple gamers doesn t it metters, but for the people who loves to complement the real soccer game with this videogame is like as to breathe.

ps:bad that i do not know in such a way of English, because i would have much more to say about this and other football discussions... ;)

Take care PLF!

Well, I think that Konami just doesn't have enough human resources at their research department.
To be able to get anywhere close to real-life stats, their researchers have to monitor ( watch like 75% of the games) each of the major league that exists in Winning Eleven.
And I don't think they've done their homeworks in this department.

Anyway because I'm an avid observer of LaLiga, here's my list of underrated players :

- Ruben Baraja (Valencia): His stats should be more like Gerrard's.
- Roberto Ayala (Valencia): Time and time again his stats are lower than Walter Samuel's.
- Marcos Senna (Villareal): One of the best DMFs in LaLiga deserves more credit.
- Juan Pablo Sorin (Villareal): Have stamina and defense like Gattuso.
- Savio Bartollini (Zaragoza): He's on par with Yeste at the left band.
- Edu (Real Betis) : One of the best left wingers in Liga.
- Ricardo Oliveira (Betis): Waaaaaayyyy under-rated.
- Marcos Assuncao (Betis) : When he takes freekicks the opponents are waaaayyyy more terrified than when Becks takes 'em.
Should gest boost in defense as well.

- Julio Baptista (Seville): Should be more like Adriano's.
- Jesus Navas (Seville): nod to PLF, he can rip thru defenses like hot knife thru butter.
- Aranzubia ( Bilbao): one of the better GK.
- Cesar Gruchaga (Osasuna) : hard as rock at the back.

And Many more I can't think of.

Yeah Sitdown don't worry about these, they're all fixed ! :)

They're all quite obvious too :D but I assure you less known players than those have had their stats fixed by me in this update.

In my game just in case you're curious by the way has these as top FK takers in world

1) Juninho Pernambucano (96FK accuracy, 90 Curling)

2) Marcos Assuncao (95FK accuracy and curling)

3) Ugur Yildirim (93FK accuracy and Curling) and fixed his other stats too since he's one of those people totally given 60's in everything by blind konami.

Then there is lots more people I added who can take FK but couldn't in game like

1) David Villa

2) Albert Riera

3) Delron Buckley

4) C. Lucarelli

and many many more but yeah those 3 are the top in my game because I believe they're the most dangerous ones in world right now closely followed by Mihajlovic and then Beckham and the rest of these chaps.

I think am going to buy this thing which transfers files to the memory crad from the PC just because you're making this update!

Keep up the good work !

It's called xport or Max Drive Inter_211 ;) but you don't have to have that.

You can burn the option file on a cd and transfer it to your memory card from there.

Once I'm done with it, I'll send you the .bin and .cue version and you burn on CD and follow from steps 6 and onward ;)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cd2mem

Of course the more important part is the PARA file which you need to put in your ISO. Without that we dont have anything as that's what keeps the stats in ML and all that ;)

XPS is basically for goal celebrations/team formations and team numbers I think.

Don't worry i'll get you sorted whether I release this or not. ;)

Take care

PLF said:
Lol man you sound just like me. Hahah we were a set of regulars on PES4 ML thread and then one day I just couldn't take this data anymore so I told them all that I'm taking a break from having ML till I fix up this data once and for all and it's been 7 weeks now.

But after this I know I can pick ANY team and face real teams and formations with their real FK taker/CK taker which makes great effect as well. Because CPU makes whoever has that option in formation do it so if the option file is wrong and has it on some player with 56 accuracy the CPU will take it with those.

After this I know I can pick ANY Squad and have all real stats :D

You should be excited man lol.. me and 2 dozen other people have been excited about this ever since they asked me and I said FINE! Lets do it so we can finally enjoy ML because WE8LE is a great game and with right data and great patch like we have coming up from Reefur this will be amazing. I can't wait till I'm done and I hope I don't run into any problems because I AM a Computer Newb so I could always run into a problem but I just know my data.

I see you haven't added me on MSN cuz I went on and didn't get that"has added you " but i'll add you its okay.

it's "sinashgh" that's it to add me.

I'll get on sometime but in general I ain't on much. so email or pm more.

Also if you feel confident about your La Liga knowledge, perhaps you can look over afew things for me like a couple formations and etc. we'll talk later.

I'm out

is your msn email @yahoo.com?
i registered the same "sinashgh" tow time, one @yahoo.com and one @hotmail.com..

well m8 i am glad i will finnaly be able to play <L i have to confess that since WE8 came out, i havent played it.. mainly casue we our modifications on edit mode wont take effect in it..so it sucks..specially for me , i play with villarreal..so i would have some kind of AMATUR team with a riquelme in his bad days(cause hes underrrated in konamis data)..anyway..get in touch with me in my msn - brunnoce@hotmail.com..than we talk about la liga..yeah for sure i can help you....

ok..

also , one last thing, about the tatical discussion you guys were having..i have to tell you guys i little secret of mine(not that i will evar play against you guys anyway)..but i found out , after playing 10000000000000 WE ps2 games..that a team with NO defensive and attaking arrows, will be much better distrubuted in the field..my tatic is 100% no..sometime ago i would spend hours studing my arrows..than i found out that normal defensive arrow and no attacking arrows is the best thing to do..just leave it to your player..they will do the best thing that they stats tells them..like i play with villarreal..before, with the arrows, i was finding i hard time to make SORIN play like Sorin..i mean , a lot of those surprinzly forward runs he does..i just couldnt make him do it..but now without any attaking or defensive commands, he plays just like him in real life(off course ive edited his stats, he was soo underrated!)..its just beaultifull to see my team playing..just like the real yellow submarine!..
how i got to that conclusion??? simple..from time to time i like to play with japan national team, just casue they have really perfect apperance and way of playing in the field..they play very very as they do in the real life...them once i decided to analize their tatics, and i saw that there wasnt ANY arrows!!!..so i tried wit my team in my LPF league(not ML) ..and its wonderfull.if yiou like SIMULATION ,...thats what you need to do..just correct post your players like ythey should and leave it with no arrows..! you gonna get the best stuff from each one of them!

I CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS IN PLF data!! oh good! finnaly gonna play with udinese, AZ, everton, Nantes, Sporting, Benfica, palermo, etcc.....
YEAH MAN!!KEEP GOING!

PLF said:
It's called xport or Max Drive Inter_211 ;) but you don't have to have that.

You can burn the option file on a cd and transfer it to your memory card from there.

Once I'm done with it, I'll send you the .bin and .cue version and you burn on CD and follow from steps 6 and onward ;)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cd2mem

Of course the more important part is the PARA file which you need to put in your ISO. Without that we dont have anything as that's what keeps the stats in ML and all that ;)

XPS is basically for goal celebrations/team formations and team numbers I think.

Don't worry i'll get you sorted whether I release this or not. ;)

Take care

I went through the link u posted, where the hell can i find a homebrew CDR :??@?@

or is it called a homebrew CDR after doing the image thing ?

No one has mentioned Wright-Phillips and Rooney?
Rooney is good in the game but needs a slight adjustment.

Theres also Pirlo, Gattuso, Cristiano Ronaldo, Heinze, Gary Neville, Reyes, Van Persie, Andy Johnson (But he wont be in the game anymore unless he's still in the England squad), Terry, Robben, Lampard, Gilardino, Shevchenko (His stats in PES3 were more better), Torres and Robinho

i agree with every player you mentioned..
but i would spend 1 year here typing all the players that needs adjustments..i would say 95% of them..only the japanese national team players i would let it be....and i also i use that as base , like if nakata has X in drible, ronaldinho will have Y..you know..cause i am sure they took very good care about their players..they really made them look and play amazinly realistic

Last edited:
Totally agree with you Bruno, i think its beacuae they have complete liscence for them, you'll also notice that with South Korea.

thats truth..i forgot to mention them aswell.although i would say many players there are underrated..(Park, lee, seol, etc..)
anyway...when i play with japan(nakata, i feel like i am really controling the real nakata is so cool, i got the feeling he has his onw animation(i doubt though)..very nice..i love to play with japan..and i hope(and i bet) after PLF data, we will have that kind of realism for all teams..maybe not the apperances(evan becasue there isnt that many special face slots :D!)...but thats secundary..
its very cool the way konami set japanese players stats..the formula is perfect(they play as real as it gets)..sadly they dont apply in the rest of the game!

Players

Underrated:
Simão
Deco
Liedson
C. Ronaldo
Beckham
Douala
Manuel Fernandes "Manélélé" (This man will be the substitute of Makélélé)
Paulo Ferreira
Ricardo Carvalho (the man is good)
Quaresma
Lampard (a bit)
Larsson
Robinho
Okocha

Overated:
Nuno Gomes (the man is slow and doesn't play nothing)
van der Vaart
Ronaldo

Suggestion: Why Konami doesn't make a special hability the "Freestyle Technic" (for players like C. Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Anderson (new FC Porto player) Diego, Mantorras, Okocha etc.)?

Deco is the typicall player who is actually overrated by all people because of playing for a big team. Open your eyes.

About the no attacking arrows, I already knew it, like many other tactical stuff the game has to offer, sometimes it's more real not to use them. Personally, I use the arrows because my tactical system effectively supports them. But if you're using the normal tactics, don't use them.

Last edited:
I've just readed the tactics thread in Pesfan. People are not ready to try something this radical, even if it means "more real than ever before". Mainly because they only make tactics for their teams only, as they are deeply playing their master leagues.

My modification doesn't work that way. Once done, it has to affect all teams. You can't mix my system with the traditional one or any other variation, that's not the way it works. But thanks anyway.

gergerger said:
I've just readed the tactics thread in Pesfan. People are not ready to try something this radical, even if it means "more real than ever before". Mainly because they only make tactics for their teams only, as they are deeply playing their master leagues.

My modification doesn't work that way. Once done, it has to affect all teams. You can't mix my system with the traditional one or any other variation, that's not the way it works. But thanks anyway.

thats truth...same thing with those stats gameplay modifications..

Bruno, I've already said many times that I don't use arrows much in my tactics. I find avg PES player is obsessed with them and you wonder why they lose lol. They put almost 2 arrows on every player and think the more is better when really "less is more".

I find team is so much more balanced if you haven't told all 10 outfield players of yours where the hell ot run to and how to come back. They have their own brains and thankfully it's not like PES3 where if you don't HAVE an arrow the player won't make runs. Like I said many times, thankfully in this great version full-backs for example make overlapping runs by themselves if not given ANY arrows.

Now I don't usually NOT use arrows on ANY of my players but I limit it to 2-3 people max as more and I find the team inbalanced when attacking AND defending.

I usually have arrows on one of my forwards especially if I want him to make runs toward touchline and cross for other tall striker and maybe wingers and rarely for fullbacks but overall I'm not really an arrow person lol.

So you can expect I've also changed default Konami formations which I already mentioned were horrible and had too many arrows inbalancing the team and making it easier to counter-attack them and score on them. Also sometimes the arrows the players had were stupid like a CB with LOW defence and forward arrow and a LONE forward with back arrow and high defence.

All these things not only made it unrealistic to see a team playing like that but also made it easier for us so when I was testing data and played a few matches of course, I was very pleased with result :). It seemed way more real and CPU seemed harder because no longer were all their players running all over and committing 10 men forward when attacking leaving nobody at back.

Having said that, I played a game with Norwich vs. Everton and I think I should tell you guys about this in next post! :) I wish I had recorded the game lol. Let me just say this if you've watched them in EPL this season you KNOW their tactics and WHICH players make that forward run and get into the box and which stay on touchlines and etc. Well.. after setting correct formation/arrows/line ups for them, I can tell you this was the BEST game I played. Why?? because as I was playing and saw this is as REAL as data gets.. it made me enjoy it so much more.

Everton played with 1 forward who held the ball up in Marcus Bent but had good strenth and speed himself to run at my defence and Tim Cahill ;) was a nightmare to handle. He was a midfielder but was almost playing like a second striker beacuse he'd pop in to the box from any angle and for crosses and scored 2 against me?? De ja Vu? ;)

Then on my side after careful data adjustments and arrows and formations of teams.. this is what you get :) cuz hardwork pays off!! :D

I had the ball with Huckerby and running down the left-wing but in a very advanced position since he's actually a forward.. keeping the ball with passing to Ashton (Created ;)) while I see an opening and who's making an AMAZING run to the box. You guessed it right.. Norwich's player of the season, Francis!!! He gets into box and scores. He scored a lot of seasons this season like Cahill with making daunting runs in the box and the data now reflects this and it was basically like a real Norwich vs. Everton game of season 2004/2005.

I could go into more detail but the same people who were making the tackles getting the ball and quickly passing to team-mates without running with it in real life in those 2 teams were doing it in the game and it was just so enjoyable to see every player act like their real life counterpart ;)

oh man.. I'm excited because I can TOTALLY wait for WE9 lol! As much as I always get excited about a new game.. this is the first time that I'm VERY much looking forward to my next month and don't want it to go by a flash because after 2-3 months of hardwork and others' hardwork like Reefur, Beardy magic, we can only have THIS MUCH fun for a month before the new game comes.

But hopefully it'll be a magical month :)

Take care.. oh yea and my id if you want to add on msn, you just can go add by user and put in "sinashgh" no email and it'll work.

if you want to email me, do it at "sinashgh@yahoo.com" since I don't have hotmail email but have a hotmail account of "sinashgh" for MSN.

Also the file is a PARA file like I said WITH an xps or Max drive for whoever has either. oh yea and for our friend Inter_211, also a .bin and .cue so he can burn and put it on CD ;)

Take care guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom