Who has successfully kicked a drop shot in training?

dg32

League 1
4 January 2006
United States
Mexico, Arsenal
The one where you're supposed to kick it right before it hits the ground for a more powerful shot. I've tried it about 100 times and I will say that it can't be done. If anybody's done it, I'd love to know how the hell you did it.

Nope i cant manage it either although when I do it, it looks exactly as the example but then says i have failed !!

yeah, bug...
well i did it. it took me more then 10 times but finly i did it. and i repeated it serval times to be sure i can do it. so there no bug.
i remember to hold r1 and run towards the ball just when it starts. when u close enough (1.5 - 2 steps from ball) press shot button. when i did it ball never was colse to the ground, it was always starting to fall from the highiest point. so not just when it hits the ground but far before.

if it doeasn't help, then sorry.
just keep on tryin

Ive done it... took a while but got there. You dont even have to score - just do it right. Its just timing. Not that I can put it to use in a match! Even after I did it, I tried again and it took a few more times to do it again.

Not as hard as free kick training on 5 stars!

It is pure luck to pull off in a match, I normally just try and hit it if it falls nicely for a volley/half volley, and sometimes they do that dip.

The one where you're supposed to kick it right before it hits the ground for a more powerful shot. I've tried it about 100 times and I will say that it can't be done. If anybody's done it, I'd love to know how the hell you did it.

You have to shoot after the ball bounces up. It's really not that difficult.. I can upload a video in wich I did it.

Last edited:
It's all about timing, I use R2 to time where I will be when the ball is about to touch the ground and then pump it. Once you get the hang of it then you should have no problems.

Its actually a game trick to do it, like fighting a boss you just have to count the steps needed think its 2.5 then hit the ball. not much chance of it being useful in a match but it can be done.

kdjac

I use Thierry Henry who has a shot technique of around 97 in chimps-with-quiffs' modified superpatch option file. Still no results...

After maybe a hundred attempts, I got it. But I didn't try to see if I could do it again. It seemed like a timing issue and that move would be nearly impossible to pull of in a game.

It didn't take as long as the Free Kick training only because it's faster to do the "Repeat Training" option on the drop kicks. I first tried the free kicks with Henry but later used Juninho. If I can't do it with Henry in training consistently, then why bother in a game with lesser caliber players? But I digress...

christ lol thats an easy one, this is for proevo6 right :) or is it the new WE11:ProEvo? either way i always pull them off in match

WOW, easiest thing I've ever done with Villa, did it on the second try. Henry for some reason insists on kicking it with his left foot. Must be because he has a 97 shot technique so he tries to get cute with it. Thanks for the video, vinC. I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom