• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Who should be in the England Team ?

Who would you choose

  • Beckham/Owen

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Beckham/Defoe

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Wright Phillips/Owen

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Wright Phillips/Defoe

    Votes: 4 22.2%

  • Total voters
    18
F

faiers

Guest
If you were the boss who would start out of beckham/wright phillips and owen/defoe ?

For me it would be defoe and wright phillips. I appreciate that beckham and owen used to basically carry the team leading upto 2002 and bailed them out on numerous occasions but these days they just dont seem to cut the mustard, be it lack of desire or whatever. For me they were the worst two outfield players for england at euro 2004 by a mile. On the other hand defoe and swp ooze class and pace, and swp particularly would imo compliment gerrard and lampard a lot more than beckham.
 

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
swp instead of Beckham - more footy less headline seeking. Still go with Owen for the other with Defoe as a second half replacement, possibly after 65 mins or so. Thought Heskey was worst at Euro 2004, late sub against France, silly tackle, after that we all know what happened.......or perhaps I just have a grudge.
 

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
Staff
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Id choose Bex instead of SWP. Bex is good at setting up those kinds of strikers. He also has set pieces. If i had SWP on the bench, id use him for last 15 minutes against tired opponents.
 

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Milanista said:
Id choose Bex instead of SWP. Bex is good at setting up those kinds of strikers. He also has set pieces. If i had SWP on the bench, id use him for last 15 minutes against tired opponents.
Our difference of opinion is why this is the beautiful game. 8)
 
N

nike121

Guest
i think swp and defoe......the england team cant seem to win anything much now a days ...some young freash footy and that finishing with spped in the flanks can destroy defences
 
L

loz

Guest
crayon said:
swp instead of Beckham - more footy less headline seeking. Still go with Owen for the other with Defoe as a second half replacement, possibly after 65 mins or so. Thought Heskey was worst at Euro 2004, late sub against France, silly tackle, after that we all know what happened.......or perhaps I just have a grudge.
Yeah Gerrard gifted them a goal ;) I would still go with Owen though to be fair. Defoe still needs to work on his game to be a more complete player, but there is no doubting with him about the future is looking good.
 

pbchillin

Awooooooga!
9 April 2003
Cambodia
Chelsea
nike121 said:
i think swp and defoe......the england team cant seem to win anything much now a days ...some young freash footy and that finishing with spped in the flanks can destroy defences
The England team hasn't been able to win anything for the last 39 years ;).
 
Top Bottom