Whos Goin to the WC?

onthegreenrb

Non-League
21 May 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
A couple friends and I are looking to apply for 2006 WC tickets. We want to follow the USA for four games It'd be cool to follow USA but the costs would add up in chasing their asses around Germany and having to arrange hotels at each city. It's nice that a World Cup ticket is good for free transportation on that day so we could make our way to the next city right after the USA game and wouldn't have to pay a lot for a train ticket.

Wouldn't be bad if a friend's hookup with the Sheraton follows through, but sort of unreliable.

We're considering watching all the group games at a single venue (say, Berlin.) Thatd be about 300 bucks for 4 games and itd cut down on the cost of travel between cities.

Has anyone gone to a World Cup and if so, how did you do it? Following a team? Staying in one city for a few games?

Help.

onthegreenrb said:
Has anyone gone to a World Cup and if so, how did you do it? Following a team? Staying in one city for a few games?
I'm going to see 4 matches of the first stage in Berlín and Münich, then 1 of the quarter-finals and finally one of the semifinals.
I hope to see United States team, but I don't know what teams will play in the group of these cities yet.

i would love to go and support england but i fear that small minority next summer is gonna spoil it for everyone

I tried to get tickets for four matches, two group stage matches and one knockout match in Hamburg plus the final in Berlin. I was pretty sure that the final won't be possible but at least a group stage match in my city, not got any though! :(
That's a disgrace.

yeah and from may 1st they only sell those team series, which (and that's the best thing about it) are already sold out for germany, brazil, italy, england, netherlands, spain, etc.

there's still the possibility to follow the ukraine or romania through the tournament, tho :|

I thought that you were talking of final of UEFA Cup(in Sporting Lisbon stadium). :lmao:

kel said:
I tried to get tickets for four matches, two group stage matches and one knockout match in Hamburg plus the final in Berlin. I was pretty sure that the final won't be possible but at least a group stage match in my city, not got any though! :(
That's a disgrace.

Hey Kel, you must be very proud and also really happy that the WC is going to be held in your home land, that´s a lifetime chance ....
Hope Brasil is really going to host the WC in 2014 :D :p

Footboy.
That would be great.

Don't know about you, but i'm not RICH.
If WC2014 happens here i would be so pissed off if all tix were sold on the net or for other countries and no tix for us. (unorganizated people).

PS: I am really looking to have a trip to Germany in 2006. Even if i can't get tickets, WC atmosphere is really awesome. Maybe buying of someone for the double of the price i can get some group matches...

I´m starting to save money from now on, I think in 9 years I´ll get enough to get tickets for the most important matches

Back
Top Bottom