Who's the third best African player behind Drogba and Eto?

Adebayor
Santos
Makinwa
Mc Carthy
Mantorras
Mido
Aruna Dindane
Aruna Kone
Kolo Touré
Didier Zokora
Chamakh
Kameni
Essien (better than Drogba)

And the 50 players i forgot about...

It depends of the question... better player, i would say Essien, by his Strength and defensive abilities.

But well, some times, it is nice that the better player is a top scorer... Then i would say Marouane Chamakh or Benny McCarthy.

Mantorras I wouldn't mention Stan.

As for best player, I'm not sure what best means! Drogba may be one of best forwards from Africa but he's not a better player than some on that list and some that aren't even mentioned.

Dar said:
I wouldn't put Drogba in my top 10 African players, let alone my top 2! :shock:
Yeah I mean it depends of course how you rating. If it's forward yeah I would put but BEST player usually means the likes of Trez/Crespo/Inzaghi and even pure goal-scorers miss out cuz they're not good FOOTBALL players usually but great finishers. And if we are to judge like that, then yeah Drogba wouldn't be in my top 10 either but Eto'o would be definately!

which Kone is that? There is Bakari Kone and Arouna Kone of PSV.

Both are good players.

Also Aruna Dindane is a good player as well unfortunately missing the tournament due to death of his daughter.

The list goes on and on though, Didier Zokora, Yaya Toure and many others are great just not as famous as these guys who keep getting mentioned.

Feindouno had a cracking tournament. I reckon he'll get bids in the summer.

Some players people haven't mentioned yet: Makoun, Y. Toure, B. Kalou and African player of the year Barakat.

I also thought Libya's/Gazientepspor's El Taib looked quite useful :mrgreen: but not a contender really.

:mrgreen: :lol:

p.s. Prof I mentioned Yaya Toure and I thought Makoun was also mentioned but am probably wrong :p

As for Feindouno, yeah he's gonna get bids and I hope all get rejected and he remains with the mighty Les Verts!!!!!!!!

Aleks-Comp1A.jpg

This is the 3rd best African player, he's 27 year old Mohammed R'ichard, also known in some parts as Mo Dick as he is a real 'player'.

In second place is the more mature Jamil O'Feele

e90c8ee3.jpg

and in first place is this guy, who's name needs no mention.

18.jpg

FD

1. Samuel Eto'o
2. Mickaël Essien
3. Didier Drogba

Others:

Yaya Touré, Kolo Touré, Sulley Muntari, Obafemi Martins, Augustine Okocha, Stephen Appiah, Taye Taiwo, John Obi Mikel, Emmanuel Adebayor, Rigobert Song or Marouane Chamakh.

Glavisted said:
1. Samuel Eto'o
2. Mickaël Essien
3. Didier Drogba

Others:

Yaya Touré, Kolo Touré, Sulley Muntari, Obafemi Martins, Augustine Okocha, Stephen Appiah, Taye Taiwo, John Obi Mikel, Emmanuel Adebayor, Rigobert Song or Marouane Chamakh.

spot on in my opinion!:applause:

Agree with Alain's first 3.

1. Eto'o
2. Mahamadou Diarra
3. Essien

After that it's hard to rank them really there is 40-50 other very good players and all too close for me to rank properly.

Back
Top Bottom