Why can Play.com only deliver PES6 in UK?

B-Dane

FCK - Danish Champs 06/07
7 November 2005
Denmark
F.C. Copenhagen
Yesterday i wanted to pre-order PES6 on Play.com. I did it last year, with no problems at all, and therefore i decided to buy the game from Play.com again.

But when i got to the checkout i saw a message, that says "This item can only be delivered to a UK adress". Why can't they send it to other countries, and is it true?. If anyone knows, please tell me.

By the way, i live in Denmark and thats why its an annoying problem for me.

Take care

I believe they've been experiencing problems with complaints when delivering to foreign countries (people claiming they've not got the package and non-payers as well), so they've decided to "save themselves the trouble" and ban shipping outside of the UK entirely.

I wouldn't order from Play.com anyway, they totally screwed Sports Interactive over yesterday by releasing a leaked, illegal demo of Football Manager 2007 early, which A) shows that they don't know what they're doing, B) has led to legal action and C) jeopardised their stock of future SI games.

I would recommend www.gameplay.co.uk, who have always sent the game out 1-2 days early to ensure you get it on release day. They've never let me down, and (from a quick look at their site) they still ship abroad.

I ordered a memory card last week and they sent it to me without problem (I Live in france) Last year i bought PES5 via PLAY.COM cos' I wanted to have the ENGLISH COVER with JOHN TEERY (instead of Drogba)..and I wanted to order it in UK this year too..SO I ordered it TODAY... WITHOUT A PROBLEM !!!!! Maybe you lust retry to order it...

QUOTE=B-Dane]Yesterday i wanted to pre-order PES6 on Play.com. I did it last year, with no problems at all, and therefore i decided to buy the game from Play.com again.

But when i got to the checkout i saw a message, that says "This item can only be delivered to a UK adress". Why can't they send it to other countries, and is it true?. If anyone knows, please tell me.

By the way, i live in Denmark and thats why its an annoying problem for me.

Take care[/QUOTE]

Jack Bauer said:
I believe they've been experiencing problems with complaints when delivering to foreign countries (people claiming they've not got the package and non-payers as well), so they've decided to "save themselves the trouble" and ban shipping outside of the UK entirely.

I wouldn't order from Play.com anyway, they totally screwed Sports Interactive over yesterday by releasing a leaked, illegal demo of Football Manager 2007 early, which A) shows that they don't know what they're doing, B) has led to legal action and C) jeopardised their stock of future SI games.

I would recommend www.gameplay.co.uk, who have always sent the game out 1-2 days early to ensure you get it on release day. They've never let me down, and (from a quick look at their site) they still ship abroad.

Thank you very much. In fact i had already ordered it from Gameplay before i saw your post. On PESfan there was so many, who just like you, said that Gameplay had never let them down.

Thank you & take care

I tried to pre-order a cd from Play.com two weeks ago and I got the same message like you B-Dane that it could only be delivered in the UK and I've ordered cd's and DVD's from them before without any problems. I emailed them about it and they told me that they are updating their website and that I should try to change it too Euro. I did and it worked for me.

So try change the currency to if you want to pre-order the game from there..

SoniCated said:
I tried to pre-order a cd from Play.com two weeks ago and I got the same message like you B-Dane that it could only be delivered in the UK and I've ordered cd's and DVD's from them before without any problems. I emailed them about it and they told me that they are updating their website and that I should try to change it too Euro. I did and it worked for me.

So try change the currency to if you want to pre-order the game from there..

Thank you, but i've already pre-ordered it from gameplay, so i guess it's too late. But thank you for the info anyway. ;)

Take Care

You can also choose to pay by cheque or postal orders.

Does this mean I actually pay for it when I go to our post office and claim the package (Amazon style)?

I have to say the price and the fact that you get in on the official release date does sound tempting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom