Why do I bother?

marukomu

Ecchi otoko
26 November 2005
Okayama, Japan
Man Utd, Stockport County
I just played a cup final Man Utd v Everton. I was leading 1-0 from the 7th minute until the 79th minute when one of my defenders fouled their attacker in the box. problem was, I didn't even press a button, but my defender kicked out to tackle. they scored the pen. To cap it all, with 2 minutes to go, I passed the ball back to my goalie after being under pressure and he missed it completely and it rolled into the net. I lost 2-1.:(

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's why I love this game

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude im afraid youd better get used to it :) its called Realism. I was all over Everton giving them a right run around during the entire Cup Quarter Final, and they sneaked an 89th minute Tim Cahill winner!

I felt like smashing up my joypad but then realised its realistic. That sort of thing does happen in real Football.

DJ

What I really like about this game is the fine line between hammering a team and struggling. Sometimes I think I'm not going to score, then maybe sneak one. They attack more and I catch them again. Then the flood gates can open. This morning I beat Newcastle 6-0 and the following game drew 1-1 with Charlton.
I still win more often than not, but the fact that I can still lose is great.

I did a Milan and went from 3-0 up at HT to 3-3 at FT in my DIV1 cup final against Bayern. I lost the shootout :(

marukomu said:
I just played a cup final Man Utd v Everton. I was leading 1-0 from the 7th minute until the 79th minute when one of my defenders fouled their attacker in the box. problem was, I didn't even press a button, but my defender kicked out to tackle. they scored the pen. To cap it all, with 2 minutes to go, I passed the ball back to my goalie after being under pressure and he missed it completely and it rolled into the net. I lost 2-1.:(

Nice avatar, who is it? :)

Were your players in good condition? what were their stamina bars like? what about their mentality arrows good red up ones or bad blue down ones? Me and a mate were 1-0 down last night to Wigan in a cup game.... we gave the Xbox a taste of its own medicine and scored a goal in the 85th minute.. forgot to add we threw on Park Ji Sung and Louis Saha for Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Ryan Giggs after 70mins.

We lost on penalties though lol :)

DJ

marukomu said:

The game cheats so you have to live with it. Try and cope. Or give up and play against other people only.

Small-minded people believe the game does not cheat and it's your own fault - but then they are not patient or intelligent enough to test the game properly ;)

Yes it does feel like it cheats you at times, but making sure your team is in good shape does help to even the odds somewhat.

DJ

To be honest, I ignore the cheating as much as I can and just put it down to a greater challenge. Just got cheated and gave away a goal against portsmouth, but fought back to win 2-1 with a great move and goal from Scholes and a Nistelrooy pen in the last 10 minutes. I wouldn't have had nearly as good a game if they hadn't have scored. I think the people that complain about the cpu cheating still win nearly every game anyway.

I dont win many games. Honestly, I have a lot of games where you think Yeah! that was great what a game as you beat a big team 2-0. Then you play against a not so big team and end up drawing 1-1 after taking the lead in the 5th minute. Then you have a game where you might score a couple.... but the CPU scores more! they are thrilling matches but ultimately irritating if they dont go your way.

DJ

marukomu said:
To be honest, I ignore the cheating as much as I can and just put it down to a greater challenge. Just got cheated and gave away a goal against portsmouth, but fought back to win 2-1 with a great move and goal from Scholes and a Nistelrooy pen in the last 10 minutes. I wouldn't have had nearly as good a game if they hadn't have scored. I think the people that complain about the cpu cheating still win nearly every game anyway.

I win most games but I still wish they wouldn't cheat, it's so frustrating when the com gets loads of play ons and you don't get any.

I've been one on one with the keeper and had play brought back a lot of times.

You should be on a level playing field, when the com scores past me with skill then I actually enjoy it but, sadly, the com cheats most of the time.

It's gay.

That one on one with the keeper is bad. The problem being that if you are running onto a through ball and you are brought back for a foul, it is because you don't have the ball yet. Mistake in the programming I think.

lol that is true unluck but it is the game so really u cannot say nothing about it. I rememeber one game against man u when i was 2-0 up and thecomputer scored two goals in the second half i was really pissed off.

The more I play this game, the more I hate it. I've played approx 100 games (level 3) against the computer and it has had 2 yellow cards in all that time. My players are constantly fouled or tripped and nothing is given. It's really annoying when that cut scene with the ref running and pointing and not giving a card happens 10 times in a game.
I still win 9 times out of 10, but I am not enjoying playing very much.

mmmmmm who is that Chick in your avatar marukomu? Can I get any more pics of her for my wallpaper lol :)

DJ

Zygalski said:
The game cheats so you have to live with it. Try and cope. Or give up and play against other people only.

Small-minded people believe the game does not cheat and it's your own fault - but then they are not patient or intelligent enough to test the game properly ;)

I dont get it when people really come here and start complaining about this and that..... the only problem dat ticks me off sometymes ... is the frequent fouls... and i have learnt not to get it to bother me as much..sometymes i still get pissed off when things not going ma way...

..... it is funny to me when people complain about the last mins goals they concede.... i play on 5 and 6*.... and i blow out the COM ... so much and very often in ML dat i dont get bothered abt thier last mins goal... which i dont think occur all the tyme ....

Guys dont think.... i have a super squad.... i used arsenal wit its realistic players..... u wont find the likes of rooney.... ronaldinho on ma team... and i wud neva buy dem cos .... i want a challenge wen i face them across the globe...

marukomu said:
The more I play this game, the more I hate it. I've played approx 100 games (level 3) against the computer and it has had 2 yellow cards in all that time. My players are constantly fouled or tripped and nothing is given. It's really annoying when that cut scene with the ref running and pointing and not giving a card happens 10 times in a game.
I still win 9 times out of 10, but I am not enjoying playing very much.

I feel if the ref should run 3 out 5 tymes... he should at least give some cards...

You have to lot this game man,.... i feel this is one thing they are gonna change in the next edition.... so please... just love the game play one...

remember pes3 wen they had dat hand ball almost all the tyme...

bulwa-boy said:
I was leading 4:0 and I lost 4:5 I cant remember the team I was playing it was an exibition match.
Probably me. I'm the master of come from behind wins :lol:

lol really? I was 2-0 down to Bolton last night.... it was an epic thriller as 2 Van Nistelrooy Goals and a scorcher from J.S. Park meant I won 3-2!

DJ

Ball control and patience is what it is all about.. I never felt the CPU cheating me... more like im cheating the CPU... It's so easy to sneak a 1-0 lead home.. just pass it around the last 10 mins and the CPU never gets the chance to score..Hehe

I nearly always win. that's not the problem. the problem is the game will just decide sometimes that you're not going to win and the oposition no matter who it is will become like Brazil and your players will pass badly and shoot crap. This usually happens if I win 5 or 6 games on the run. plus the cpu hardly ever gets yellow cards. probably 2-300 games now and it has had a total of 2 yellows and no reds

I agree that the com will simply decide that you will not win on occasion (usually in the 1st round of the cup) and your players will continuously pass the ball to their player, will drag every shot wide of the post, will make your defenders stand in stupid weird positions and will have one or 2 players yellow carded within the first half, forcing you to play more carefully when you're 1 goal down.

When this happens, I'll admit I swear a lot but as frustrating as it is, I've won 1st division 3 times, came 2nd twice (losing by 4 points and 2 points) and won the WEFA championships (Champions League in SP) 3 times, which is a very good record. I play on 5* which I actually find better than 3*, as your players and keeper get into better positions. Still loads of bugs in this game that have been hidden by cheating gameplay.

Sometimes I don't know whats worse for cheats.

The cpu or an online match.

Six and half a dozen, lol !!!

Back
Top Bottom