Why does it keep doing this?

obzi

League 2
18 June 2002
Bolton
Bolton Wanderers
Every now and then when playing master league, I go for goal outside the area and the commentator says " and he tries to lob the keeper" when I'm not, I'm trying to hit it very hard!! I have the chip shot set to double tap and I'm not holding R1 down or L1?

Any explanations?

The thing is though when the commentator says it , my player will do a chip/rubbish shot!!

obzi said:
what's wrong with double tap?

I'm just a bit of a lob snob to be honest. :lol:

The double tap lob negates the skill in the technique so I dont like it. Lobs used to require a good bit of skill to produce, then came along PES4 and ruined the whole thing. I'm really happy Konami have fixed them again for WE9/PES5 because once again you need to be good at them to score them.

It's nothing personal, I just hate the idea of the option, thats all. If it's there, then by all means use it, I'd just have more respect for you if you scored against me using the proper technique, thats all. ;)

Dar, what do you mean by the proper technique? I will try and stay away from the dark side in future (aka double tap) and learn the way of the masters! R1 or L1 and shoot?

Play whatever way you feel comfortable, I'm not one to force my views on people. :)

The double tap square technique is pretty much the R1 lob but possibly toned down a bit, well it's nearly back to what it used to be now with the current WE/PES. It's just a method of lifting the ball over the onrushing or grounded keeper. I'll be honest I've never used it for more than a couple of games where it was set up on my mates option file, so I dont even know how how it is these days, but I never liked the lack of control it gave me with the actual lob, so I dont use it.

I wouldn't call myself a master either, I dont have the time anymore to play enough PES to be as good as I used to, not that I was a matser back then either, I didn't play enough competitive matches to get as good as some people.

I tend to use the L1 lob more often as it usually results in better looking goal, and now they've fixed the R1 lob so that not everyone and their granny can score them, I dont really use it at all anymore, I prefer to go around the keeper or R2 it past them. :D

Back
Top Bottom