Why doesnt the pes team have more imagination?

dmxdex2020

Premiership
30 June 2005
England
Arsenal
They have the ability to make PES the best football game again and win back alot of its doubters. I have heard they are making a new up to date game engine which, is needed badly as the current game engine is old and is due for an update. The game has some really good graphics in places but bad graphics in other places. I think they need to improve the kit graphics because they are not so good and look low res and blurry and rubbish. The one thing i have though about for a while now that konami could do that would help transform their game Is for leagues and master league is to Give us the ability to add an infinite amout of leagues and teams with the abilitty to structure the league as you see fit. I would like to see the master league more like fifas in the way that it has every leagues correct cups like the carling cup, fa cup and so on. I think if konami gave us the ability to structure the master league i.e add as many leagues to it and cups. So england could have from premiership all the way down to the conference. Its thing like this that they dont do that pisses me off.

Its a good idea which i wish they did. I forgot to mention the AI needs redoing as well as the game difficulty making it much harder.

They have the ability to make PES the best football game again and win back alot of its doubters. I have heard they are making a new up to date game engine which, is needed badly as the current game engine is old and is due for an update.

Graphically there is nothing wrong with this engine. If they use shit textures or design the models badly, then that is simply bad art direction.

Asking for graphical improvements is a waste of time. They will obviously do it anyway. The thing is, it makes me crazy to think how much effort they put into the graphics as it is. Yeah, it's cool to zoom in on Rooney's pug face in replays and think 'Wow! it looks just like him!' but during 99% of your time playing the game you can't see any of that kind of stuff anyway.

But I do agree with your other point. More customisation is never a bad thing.

The main thing I want to see improved is the animations and the overall presentation of the game. Most of all, when your in a match, make it look like you're watching a match. When have you EVER seen TV coverage of a match where they have logos on the scoreboard?

If anything they need less imagination in that respect. Just stick on Sky Sports 1, copy everything and change the colours to keep the lawyers from the door!

I could care less about all that stuff... all I want is better gameplay and animations. PES 2010 is not as good as PES 6 in every way except the visuals.. they wasted 3 years improving nothing in terms of making the game fun and fluid and with improved animations.
Like the running animations for example.. they look like retard robots doing the same running animation over and over. Celebrations are worse than PES 3.. if that says anything.
The scoring options have been downgraded. Shoot low and score or head the ball in. wow.. thats 3 years of ingenuity right there..

Sad thing is many people actually paid money to own that turd of a game just like pes 08 - pes 09 in hopes that a magical 1.0.1.0.2.5 patch will fix the game to perfection.
If sales were bad for PES 2010, I guarantee Konami would make the best game ever in PES 2011

Last edited:
Why not read the konami press release about PES2011
as they have made some significant changes in the announcement.

Why not read the konami press release about PES2011
as they have made some significant changes in the announcement.

this had been a lie for last years. I remember 08 should be so great according to their announcement.
I dont know how they even managed to destroy it since PES6 was much better.

I think theres been lots of improvement since PES08 though, but its going so slowly.

because PES is a cashcow that they milk year in year out, with minimum effort put in to improving it these days. just face the days of great football games being created by konami are long gone.

well they are making some pretty big claims for this one. It would truly be disappointing if they didn't add in all these improvements.
Hopefully we can see some trailers or gameplay leaks soon.

Konami should consider posting stuff in this forum more often.. this is the biggest PES community ever. What better way to do advertising ?

Back
Top Bottom