Why Dont We Get New Features?

S

SuicydeSnake

Hi. Something that really pisses me off about konami with each game they release evey year is that, theres absolutley no new features ever?

With each new edition of PES, we get -

Updated Teams/Stats/Players
New Menu
Gameplay Tweak
Maybe Improved Graphics

Ok, with PES5 we got "Memorial Mode", which basically was exhibition mode all over again. Theres never any substantial new features in ML either.

Now i've heard theres some International Cup mode or something planned for #6, which sounds like something you could do yourself in custom cup (i might be wrong, does anyone know what it is?)

edit> i found this @ gameplay.com:

Other new additions include more balanced referees, and a selection of exciting new gameplay modes. An International Challenge involves leading your home country to victory through a series of entry and tournament rounds, while a Random mode lets the player play quick games within randomly-generated match day settings.

> ok, i was right, theres nothing there that you couldnt probably do in custom cup. And Random Mode!? wow, why in the hell do we want that? (unless you've added every other possible feature in?)

So yeah, my main complaint is that i dont really feel like im getting anything major for my £40 every year.

How about a scenario mode? those rocked on ISS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Konami are just pure lazy, if fifa have re done everything like they say and PES just release their usual game they will just be laughed at.

ive said for a loooong time now, that the best thing in terms of a better game would be if ea bought the game engine from konami.

that would be a really good idea actually!, although, maybe its not on the fifa level of sales, PES probably still brings in a lot of money for konami.

Could be a bad thing as well, with PES gone, EA would have no competition an would eventually get lazy themselves

Last edited by a moderator:
SuicydeSnake said:
Hi. Something that really pisses me off about konami with each game they release evey year is that, theres absolutley no new features ever?

With each new edition of PES, we get -

Updated Teams/Stats/Players
New Menu
Gameplay Tweak
Maybe Improved Graphics

Ok, with PES5 we got "Memorial Mode", which basically was exhibition mode all over again. Theres never any substantial new features in ML either.

Now i've heard theres some International Cup mode or something planned for #6, which sounds like something you could do yourself in custom cup (i might be wrong, does anyone know what it is?)

edit> i found this @ gameplay.com:

Other new additions include more balanced referees, and a selection of exciting new gameplay modes. An International Challenge involves leading your home country to victory through a series of entry and tournament rounds, while a Random mode lets the player play quick games within randomly-generated match day settings.

> ok, i was right, theres nothing there that you couldnt probably do in custom cup. And Random Mode!? wow, why in the hell do we want that? (unless you've added every other possible feature in?)

So yeah, my main complaint is that i dont really feel like im getting anything major for my £40 every year.

How about a scenario mode? those rocked on ISS :)

You can't make the international challenge as an custom cup, so youre wrong pal. It's the WC qualifiers like the FIFA RTWC. A completely new feature.

Another new feature is the "Random Match Selection", where the COM mixes a team of players from different teams. That's two new features, so i don't understand why you're complaining?

You are mentioning both features in your post, but still youre complaining about that there's no new features?! Instead you should have called your thread: Why don't we get other new features?..

well i'm sorry for my grammar!

Those two features sound lame as hell for me that i dont even consider them being that important. Fifa has made significant development in things like career mode, features that you will play more than once.

Hell, the world cup is over months ago, why do we want it now? and they've had a whole year to come up with those two features?

Yep, they're pretty lame. An overhaul of the Master League is needed, ie scrap it and copy FIFA's career mode. Now that would be a feature worth having.

Does anyone know how or who we can contact at Konami to forward our disappointment - they are losing sales by this mess and we're suffering as a consequence. Lets face it, the edit mode should not be an issue because the game should be fully licensed anyway - they've had years and years to aquire the licenses! Most, if not all soccer games these days, have full licenses so why doesn't PES! I'm really pissed off with them big time!

I wish FIFA was the better game but luckliy for them (Konami) it's shite! I think we should all contact the team responsible for the game to express our discontent once more!

what's actually stopping them from obtaining the licsences?

and yeah, ML definatley needs improvement. IMO if Konami had made progress from PES3 to 5, maybe i wouldnt be so dissapointed, after all this is the first "next-gen" (ish) game, so maybe it would take time to get to grips with the hardware, but konami have been selling us short for years now.

If you look at various online shops' descriptions, they seem to be struggling to find anything to say. Gameplay for example, went on about how "the much loved master league" made a return.

Big Whoop!

anyone else not looking forward to neither fifa or PES? its PES i want, i think fifa is pretty good and the animations are fantastic, but the AI is absolutley stupid which makes it pointless to buy

there lazy, it is as simple as that!

look at all the work that has gone into fifa 07, ok it is not the best game, but the grahpics and they ronaldinhio player cam is superb, they have put allot of effort into it, with auto updating teams when you connect online, so it auto updates transfers, you have all different online features, leagues etc and you can view the real time results and leagues from the proper football etc

konami, has bascially limited it's game by removing the german league, limiting the editing and the online features no doubt will be basic crap as always.

i have a feeling pes6 will be a lazy effort and the next best effort will be pes 2007

and still it will lack all the online brilliance of fifa, because konami know they will still sell this game even as a re badged pes5

SuicydeSnake said:
what's actually stopping them from obtaining the licsences?
Perhaps its because exclusive deals have been done with EA? that means Konami cannot get the license.

DJ

New features? Hell they are removing features for the nextgen version! Internationalmode is ok, played it once before the wc, after that i havent touched it. never bothered with randommatch either, its just a friendly match add-on. Konami are really f*&^ing it up atm, less teams, less options, less features and this in nextgen. More and more im considering going to the darkside and getting fifa07 for the 360.

Fifa are doing exactly the same - the next gen version has a lot less teams and stadiums than the current gen. I wouldn't mind if it was reflected in the price - but we all know its gonna retail for a good £10 more than the current gen games!

this new feature like WC is good coz you can do the same groups as now(euro 2008 qualifications) and play(e.g England) from qualifications to groups to final :)

Last edited:
Face it guys until sales are hit Konami are going to do as little as they can and reap as much as they can, they are not going to change, take all the great Seabass spouts with a pinch. They have brought out virtually the same title year on year, a few people moan, fan boys say how fantastic new boots and hair styles, and the bloody thing sells.
Take away the good game play and this title would have gone a long long long time ago. Konami would be doing what they do best.. arcade stuff.

well i hope fifa outsells konami and is recognised as the no 1 footy game!

so this will force konami to push and actually work hard at making a big improvement on this game!

as already mentioned above, each year is a rebadged tweaked version of the year before"

perfect example this year, are the interviews going about and what features are avaliable in pes6.. all this talk about online mode in ps2 and pc allowing upto 8 players with no lag? or something similar, boasting what great online features the ps2 will have

now cast your mind back to the xbox 1, this had worse online features than ps2, a console that is absolete and slower than the xbox but xbox gets a ported version of the ps2, which in turn means we were not having a game that was pushing the hardware on the xbox and is under performing.Not to mention the lack of online features, the buggy optimatch that wouldnt allow you to connect to games and also not filter the correct settings through, that was never patched and fixed.

i have the bad feeling that the same will happen for the xbox 360, in a recent interview seabass says that it is not possible to do anymore than 1 v 1 on the xbox 360, but will look into that in the future.. an interview in the past, he was boasting about 11 v 11, but now they cannot even match the ps2 with upto 4 or is it 8 players online. the xbox360 is based around online, it is the best feature of the console and for konami not to be focusing on this side of things is bad, and basically admitting that they have trouble coding for it. why no spectator mode, this is an important feature and is made available through xbox live on the 360.. when will we see that.. online leagues, cups , lobbys etc...

geez it's depressing

now lets wait for the ps3 and watch how they focus all there time on the playstation 3 and we will then get a neglected port over on the xbox

/rant over for now

Last edited:
I agree techmob. Konami didn't push the Xbox because they are Playstation fanboys, if you will. The same will happen with the 360 i'm sure. Konami will make the PS3 look the more attractive console for playing PES on by dumbing down the 360's capabilities. Its all a strategy and i'm sure Sony are involved somewhere along the line as they see PES as a game that sells consoles - they don't wan't PES selling 360s.

And if this is how its going to be then Konami can stick PES for good. FIFA is becoming more appealing all the time as EA don't seem to prioritise a particular format.

I'm gonna just hope this game has good gameplay other wise EA will be getting my money this year.. which just annoys me because i have been pro evo through and through for a long time.

Both EA and Konami will get my money this year for the 360 versions of their games. I think ill like both games and it will be good to have a choice of 2 reasonable footy titles rather than having none :)

DJ

jamez said:
I agree techmob. Konami didn't push the Xbox because they are Playstation fanboys, if you will. The same will happen with the 360 i'm sure. Konami will make the PS3 look the more attractive console for playing PES on by dumbing down the 360's capabilities. Its all a strategy and i'm sure Sony are involved somewhere along the line as they see PES as a game that sells consoles - they don't wan't PES selling 360s.

And if this is how its going to be then Konami can stick PES for good. FIFA is becoming more appealing all the time as EA don't seem to prioritise a particular format.

you don't think that konami mite push a little harder if the 360 sells more than 68 consoles in japan - their home market? Oh it's coming thru on Reuters, it's 70 now..... two lucky twins on Osaka will be gutted with their bd presents....

you've seen the vids, it looks just like WE10 but sharper, so either carry on playing that, or get this.... if you don't have a ps2 get one they're tops, and 360's are great too....and gay people don't always dress well, and some white people can dance...shades of grey

freddyboy said:
you don't think that konami mite push a little harder if the 360 sells more than 68 consoles in japan - their home market? Oh it's coming thru on Reuters, it's 70 now..... two lucky twins on Osaka will be gutted with their bd presents....

you've seen the vids, it looks just like WE10 but sharper, so either carry on playing that, or get this.... if you don't have a ps2 get one they're tops, and 360's are great too....and gay people don't always dress well, and some white people can dance...shades of grey

Your point is?

I'm talking about PES here. Winnig Eleven will never be released on the 360 as there is NO 360 market in Japan. PES is a game for the European market. The 360 is doing well in Europe and it seems to me Konami don't want/are being told not to capitalise on this. They have had 18 months to prepare this next-gen 'effort' after all.

freddyboy said:

Lolz;)

What are you lot on about? Being on the 360 is a new feature in itself!

:D

They should of had a much better editor, I was prepared for a editor with similar kit style to the normal PS2 version, but offered many more options and colours on the top, and many more colours in general, faded kits etc, something cool, more logos and badges, but noooooooo...

Ahh well, getting the PS2 version and 360 one no worries.

Back
Top Bottom