Widescreen support for PES/WE PC - now for PES6 too

juce

Champions League
7 November 2003
Small update for Kitserver 5:
New lodmixer and dxtools DLLs. Support for aspect ratio correction - finally we can play on PC with widescreen resolutions without distortion. In fact, you get to see more of the field, because of a wider FOV (viewing angle). It's kinda cool... :)

Download link:
http://www.speedyshare.com/840707603.html

============================================================

For PES6, use this very first version of Kitserver 6:
http://www.speedyshare.com/259647236.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/977298/kitserver-601.zip.html

no kits support yet, but some LOD mixer features implemented:
- LOD levels
- crowd fix
- aspect ratio correction

Last edited:
Re: Widescreen support for PES/WE PC

So in theory there will be a version for PES6 too right? Cause my computer screen is widescreen, and that would be awesome. :)

I've installed Kitserver 5.2.3 and replaced the zip files, enabled the AR correction, but I dunno what to do now... which resolution to use... While I play all looks like before...

man this is teh best ever thing created for PES!!!!!!!! THANK U SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLOODY MUCH!!!!!!

NOW IM BEGGING YOU!! MAKE THIS WORK FOR PES6 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw im such an idot but how do u get it to work? i installed it into the kitserver folder on my pes5 and i opened the lod and ticked the widescreen thingy and when i launched the game, no changes occure
i have kitserver 5.2.3

seke84,
jonneymendoza,

guys, make sure you select a widescreen mode in the game's menu (Options/Screen). You then should see it working in the windowed mode. Then try switching to fullscreen. You can also use dx.fullscreen.width, dx.fullscreen.height - to force a particular fullscreen resolution that the game doesn't offer.

juce said:
You can also use dx.fullscreen.width, dx.fullscreen.height - to force a particular fullscreen resolution that the game doesn't offer.

how do i do that?

hye it still doesnt work for me, i tried the thing that juce told me but it dont work. i dont understand how do force the resolution.

i went to the games option screen and the only options it gives me are windowed or full screen, plus a selected few of resolution types

my monitor is a 1680x 1050x

Last edited:

jonneymendoza said:
how do i do that?

in kload.cfg, there are two settings, which are commented out by default (with '#'-mark at the beginning of the line):

#dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
#dx.fullscreen.height = 1200

Uncomment those (remove the hash marks), and change the resolution to whatever your videocard/monitor supports for fullscreen.

one question, how do is elect a widescreen mode from the screen option in the game because i cant see no widescreen option their :(

cheers

jonneymendoza said:
hye it still doesnt work for me, i tried the thing that juce told me but it dont work. i dont understand how do force the resolution.

i went to the games option screen and the only options it gives me are windowed or full screen, plus a selected few of resolution types

my monitor is a 1680x 1050x

ok, forget the fullscreen for the moment. Try this: in games option screen, choose "Windowed" and 1280x800 resolution. Start the game and check if the players are squashed or have correct proprotions.

About fullscreen: you won't be able to choose 1680x1050 from games option screen menu. That's why you need to do it kload.cfg:

dx.fullscreen.width = 1680
dx.fullscreen.height = 1050

ahh i dont get that option to choose 1280x800 under resolution for some odd reason, only 1280x1024 and others below that

ok, can you list all of those that you can choose in game's Options/Screen menu?

Yes, the only option is 1280x960 or 1280x1024...

I can't make it work, but i'm gonna try to edit kload.cfg and i come back here to post.

jonneymendoza said:
1152x864
1024x768
800x600
640x480
I can choose these plus 1280x960 and 1280x1024, but never 1280x800...

you seem to be getting further than me! how did you get those options to come up?

btw this is how my config looks like

# Loader configuration file

gdb.dir = ".\"

DLL.num = 8
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1680
dx.fullscreen.height = 1050

jonneymendoza said:
you seem to be getting further than me! how did you get those options to come up?
I always had these options...

I've tryed editing kload.cfg to 1440x900 and removing the hashes, but the game scene is the same. In Game>Options>Screen the current resoltion is 1280x1024, and I enter in fullscreen mode. I dunno what's happening...

Now i've tryed with 1280x800 in kload.cfg and when I open pes5.exe it's not able to execute properly. Just a big black screen...

i see. so looks like you cannot play it at widescreen in windowed mode. Still though it should work for fullscreen...

So, here's what you can try:
1. In games Options/Screen, choose "Fullscreen" and 1024x768.
2. Start a friendly match. See if the players are squashed or not. Better even, post a screenshot.

Right now my settings.exe has lost the 1280x resolutions... And forced one crashes when I try to go into fullscreen mode. In windowed mode appears like 640x480. That does not work...

I hadn't lost it, they were avaliable just in fullscreen mode, sorry.

I'm going to try what you said, juce.

Last edited by a moderator:

has anyone else got this to work yet?

here ya go

dafsdf.jpg

Last edited:

juce said:
i see. so looks like you cannot play it at widescreen in windowed mode. Still though it should work for fullscreen...

So, here's what you can try:
1. In games Options/Screen, choose "Fullscreen" and 1024x768.
2. Start a friendly match. See if the players are squashed or not. Better even, post a screenshot.
If I make a screenshot, his size is 1024x768 so I don't see sqashed players, but I see them squashed in the game, in fullscreen, obviously, cause my screen is 16:10.

Anyone got a screenshot of the widescreen in action?

Back
Top Bottom