will increasing my video memory help...

Dukelord

Banned
6 February 2007
Hi there....first off, my laptop specs are,

AMD Turion 64 Mobile @ 1.8Ghz
1GB RAM
128MB ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M....

Pathetic? Yeah I know
However, after a lotta tweaks, I can comfortably play PES 2008 at medium settings with an average FPS of 23 which is playable..Looks and feels good...My GPU can access shared memory. In my BIOS, I can increase the memory of the GPU from 128MB to 256MB by accessing 128MB from the main system memory, thereby reducing it from 1GB to 896MB....I'm currently using my laptop with only 128MB of GPU memory....My question is that will incresaing my GPU memory to 256MB translate to more FPS for PES 2008? Please someone who has tested this should let me know...Thanks.

which 'tweaks' are you using?

I tweaked my registry for optimal Windows Performance (use google to find out how), I use TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, A64 Tweaker for AMD 64 processors (very dangerous tool, think before usage), latest ATI Omega drivers, ATI Tray Tool.

I tweaked my registry for optimal Windows Performance (use google to find out how), I use TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, A64 Tweaker for AMD 64 processors (very dangerous tool, think before usage), latest ATI Omega drivers, ATI Tray Tool.

Interesting. I'm a bit paranoid over damaging my components so i only use CCleaner and overclock my display card every so often.

Hi , to be quit honest mate , laptops are not for gaming(unless you buy a gaming laptop). I advise you to hunt around for a decent desktop with at leat an x1650pro ati. this card works perfect with pes , just a hint.

Back
Top Bottom