William Gallas.

steevio_uk

Premiership
7 October 2003
West Ham
Statement from Chelsea.:shock:

"Chelsea believes it is important for our supporters to be made aware of the full facts regarding William Gallas and the lack of respect he showed to the fans, the manager and the club," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Despite leaving he continues to attack Jose Mourinho and this cannot be left unchallenged.

"Chelsea made William Gallas a very substantial and attractive new contract offer to stay towards the end of last season. This was rejected.

"The issue was purely one of money, despite his public comments that he wanted a new challenge, to play abroad and so forth. These were just a smokescreen to cover up the fact he was hawking himself to the highest bidder.

"Having failed to secure his demands, his position became increasingly intransigent and unacceptable.

"He initially refused to play against Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-final last season in an effort to force an increased contract offer.

"As is now well-documented he refused to join up with the team in Los Angeles during pre-season, despite agreeing the dates for his return as the other World Cup players did, with the club.

"When Jose Mourinho generously offered him a way back into the "family" after the American tour, this was thrown back in the Chelsea manager's face.

"The manager told him that, even if he did not agree a new contract but returned to the "family" and abided by the rules, he would still select the best players available and would not punish him playing-wise.

"However despite meetings to try to resolve the problems Gallas made it clear to Jose Mourinho he would never play for Chelsea again.

"Before the first game of the season against Manchester City, when only four defenders were available and John Terry was doubtful with an injury, he refused to play.

"He went on to threaten that if he was forced to play, or if he was disciplined and financially punished for his breach of the rules, that he could score an own goal or get himself sent off, or make deliberate mistakes.

"Clearly this was a totally unacceptable situation for the manager, the team and the club. So a collectively-agreed solution in Chelsea's interests had to be found, hence his departure.

"Chelsea has a wage structure in place that is valued not only on the contribution of the player to the manager and the team, but also on a player's respect for the club and contribution to the promotion and image of the club off the field. Every player is expected to play their part in this.

"William Gallas rarely recognised these responsibilities. He also failed to recognise the role Jose Mourinho and Chelsea played in helping him become a double Premiership champion for a player whose only league title prior to that had been in the French Second Division."

What a fucking lunatic. (If true ;) )

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1864949,00.html

Gallas isn`t a saint he gave 5 yrs to chelsea.I think he saw alot of players coming in and getting paid w/o proofing themselve that`s hard to follow.Everyone said this would happen(morale) making players happy especially the ones who were there before Mourinho (notice most are leaving except JT and FL)

Got to admit Mourinho has a loose tongue maybe they want the fans to hate Gallas so they look like saints.Watching chelsea tv the fans are pissed that gallas went to Arsenal.They or most hope that bridge gets 1st team action Not to shabby with get-paid-cole

Gallas loved Chelsea...I remember in the start of last season he said it`s over for Arsenal and ManUtd. there time has come to an end.Winning belongs to chelsea now.Strong statement! he must of learn that from Mourinho.

I`m over the moon with his signing and 3mil I just hope Arsenal will not stoop low in details about get-paid-cole when his book is released. Chelsea is childish what`s next? nude pictures of gallas.

Last edited:
"The issue was purely one of money"

Wait this happened at Chelsea?

What exactly have Chelsea gained by releasing that statement? Trying to discredit Gallas - why? He served them for 5 years, they should consider that. That's longer than abramovich, longer than Mourinho, certainly longer then the sh*tty PR rep who released it - he deserves some respect. Things may have been said in the heat of the moment, but you don't release that to the public in a slander campaign.

What's russian for class? Cause someone needs to clue Chelski in.

Chelsea have proved they have no class.

Look at us, Cole behaved in a far worse manner yet Wenger wished him luck at Chelsea. THATS how to conduct club business.

^ I support Arsenal but what the hell does that have to do with business? Wenger would wish every single player good luck if they were to have sex with his wife, he's just nice.

Assuming everything they say is actually true the question has to be asked as to why they held on until the final minutes of the transfer window to complete the deal; surely they should have wanted to rid themselves of a player that had said these things as quickly as possible.

Given that Arsenal would not play to Chelsea's tune over Cole may have been the Champions reason for delaying Gallas' transfer, but they could have sold him to Italy or Spain to get rid of the player if they had wished.

Whether Gallas intimated he wanted to go to Arsenal in preference to anywhere else is unclear (he probably fancied Italy before the scandal broke over there), but for Chelsea as a club to release such a tirade of abuse seems completely absurd.

Most observers would have breathed a sigh of relief when the deal was finally concluded last week, and it has to be said that Arsenal has acted impeccably during the aftermath, basically keeping reasonably quiet and of course Arsene Wenger praised Cole for his service.

If either club should have had the right to dish the dirt on a former employee, Arsenal would have been the one considering Chelsea's (or should that be Peter Kenyon's) outlandish approach over a year and a half ago.

The fact Arsenal didn't, shows a certain class that Chelsea appears to find difficult to attain no matter how much money they are bequeathed.

One of the most laughable aspects of Chelsea's statement is that apparently they have a ‘wage structure'. It doesn't seem to mention that their particular ‘wage structure' happens to be around £50,000 a week more than anyone else's, but apparently Gallas went to Arsenal as the highest bidder? That would be a pretty unique situation considering Arsenal's history with paying players by comparison to those that sign the alleged stars.

Obviously most of the statement could qualify as quite comical, but should we be too surprised that this increasingly arrogant club should act in such a way.

Hopefully the same will not be true of Aston Villa, Portsmouth and West Ham, if their takeover occurs, should they become successful.

As for Arsenal, they have improved the spine of their side at the expense of a high quality left-back. However, most would agree that the centre of the field is the most vital to a team's success and with Gallas and Kolo Toure in tandem there is a solid base on which Wenger can now build.
I can`t wait to see what unfolds next....

Gallas should sue. Who believes a word Chelsea say anyway? Mourinho was apparently "in Milan meeting Adriano" when he was actually at a London hotel tapping up Ashley Cole.

Lets be brutally honest though, does anyone think that the best way to go about getting a move would be to play badly, score own goals etc when trying to put yourself in the shop window? No of course not. Gallas is a great defender, but to play badly at the back end of last season in order to get a move doesn't really add up in my book.

beboquintero said:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1864949,00.html

Gallas isn`t a saint he gave 5 yrs to chelsea.I think he saw alot of players coming in and getting paid w/o proofing themselve that`s hard to follow.Everyone said this would happen(morale) making players happy especially the ones who were there before Mourinho (notice most are leaving except JT and FL)

Got to admit Mourinho has a loose tongue maybe they want the fans to hate Gallas so they look like saints.Watching chelsea tv the fans are pissed that gallas went to Arsenal.They or most hope that bridge gets 1st team action Not to shabby with get-paid-cole

Gallas loved Chelsea...I remember in the start of last season he said it`s over for Arsenal and ManUtd. there time has come to an end.Winning belongs to chelsea now.Strong statement! he must of learn that from Mourinho.

I`m over the moon with his signing and 3mil I just hope Arsenal will not stoop low in details about get-paid-cole when his book is released. Chelsea is childish what`s next? nude pictures of gallas.

huh, is that you bebo? Your english has transformed, its really good now.

Clockender said:
Gallas should sue. Who believes a word Chelsea say anyway? Mourinho was apparently "in Milan meeting Adriano" when he was actually at a London hotel tapping up Ashley Cole.

Lets be brutally honest though, does anyone think that the best way to go about getting a move would be to play badly, score own goals etc when trying to put yourself in the shop window? No of course not. Gallas is a great defender, but to play badly at the back end of last season in order to get a move doesn't really add up in my book.

chelsea really are losing face in the football world, the way they conduct themselves is pretty poor, and they wonder why the other clubs wont vote them onto the G14, they have no class, they are the equivalent of that chav that won the lottery....

I cant really see anyone wanting to join chelsea in the foreseeable future. There's just this sleasy, dark and hate ridden bubble that lingers over the club in particular kenyon and mourinho. Say buh-bye to torres, ronaldinho, henry and any other players of footballing mega stardom

ESPN showed a clip of Mourinho in an interview from last October..
Goes something like this...:

Reporter:So Jose,do you think William Gallas is going to be at the Bridge next season?

Mourinho:No question about that,he will stay,I will bet on it,not with the bookmakers but with you guys...I will bet my salary on it...my salary against your salary(pointing at the reporter,before smirking away)

I consider that a legally binding agreement: consideration by both parties, on record, clear intent...

Find his name I want part of the cut! ;)

I'm surprised Mourinho didn't put him the reserves for the rest of is contract. That behaviour, if true, is totally unnaceptable.

Since Arsenal wanted him, it was perfect oportunity to get rid of a troublemaker, and get what chelsea wanted, Ashley Cole.

Revan said:
I'm surprised Mourinho didn't put him the reserves for the rest of is contract. That behaviour, if true, is totally unnaceptable.

Since Arsenal wanted him, it was perfect oportunity to get rid of a troublemaker, and get what chelsea wanted, Ashley Cole.
I`ll update you since your reading skills are like mine.;)

1st:Mourinho would rather humiliate Gallas and put him at the academy level.

2nd:Mourinho started to call Gallas out by stating he wants Gallas and co.(meaning agent)to anwer questions reporters kept asking "Why he`s not playing?" (at this point there going to use the threat theory was generated)

3rd:Gallas speaks!but no one is paying much attention(Argies shock and aw :shock: )with all the crying and moaning going on about WestHam and blah! Blah! some little man hears all what Gallas is saying.Yes!Mourinho pees red :spid: and the war of words is on.. WWF.. WCW... Mourinho the people champ is cooking(Mourinho vs. Wenger comes to mind ATM)

4th:The own goal threat!!!! he allow Garcia to score!!!!(FA Cup)

Allow me to confuse you more since I`m drunk in the next weeks or so you`re going to hear touching testimony.On how Mourinho save a fish from drowning a bird from falling.Terry will have to speak in defence of Mourinho for a small fee.I feel the #13 shirt will play a big part in all of this.Ballack claims JM saw him and said"#13 is yours why? because I`m Boss"

I think you should all calm down here. Gallas never opened his mouth. Zidanes headbutt on materazzi, that's what you guys should be discussing.

beboquintero said:
I`ll update you since your reading skills are like mine.;)

1st:Mourinho would rather humiliate Gallas and put him at the academy level.

2nd:Mourinho started to call Gallas out by stating he wants Gallas and co.(meaning agent)to anwer questions reporters kept asking "Why he`s not playing?" (at this point there going to use the threat theory was generated)

3rd:Gallas speaks!but no one is paying much attention(Argies shock and aw :shock: )with all the crying and moaning going on about WestHam and blah! Blah! some little man hears all what Gallas is saying.Yes!Mourinho pees red :spid: and the war of words is on.. WWF.. WCW... Mourinho the people champ is cooking(Mourinho vs. Wenger comes to mind ATM)

4th:The own goal threat!!!! he allow Garcia to score!!!!(FA Cup)

Allow me to confuse you more since I`m drunk in the next weeks or so you`re going to hear touching testimony.On how Mourinho save a fish from drowning a bird from falling.Terry will have to speak in defence of Mourinho for a small fee.I feel the #13 shirt will play a big part in all of this.Ballack claims JM saw him and said"#13 is yours why? because I`m Boss"

like I said if true what chelsea said he deserved it all. Not appearing in the pre-season tournament in the US is surely not a plus for him.

But I do rate him as an excellent player. Mourinho wanted him on the team, that says something.

But in the end we will never know the full truth. It's about believing one or the other.

Dermot said:
I think you should all calm down here. Gallas never opened his mouth. Zidanes headbutt on materazzi, that's what you guys should be discussing.
how many times people discussed that? It's dead and buried.
At least for me.

materazzi finally admitted to making a comment about zidanes sister.

zidane "if you want my shirt so bad you can have it after the game"
materazzi "id rather have your sister"
zidane "hiiiiiiiiiiyahhhhhh!!!" *super kamikaze headbutt attack*

Revan said:
But in the end we will never know the full truth. It's about believing one or the other.

Hmmm...a couple of points:

1. What sort of club airs their dirty laundry in public? They have no class. Arsenal and Gallas are basically doing the right thing by not getting involved in petty squabbling with Chelsea, its pointless. Chelsea are the ones who have scored an own goal by saying these things about an ex-player!

2. Chelsea have been proved to have lied in the past (Colegate) and will lie again. Their statement has no grounding and is worthless imo.

Back
Top Bottom