Wimbledon

How can you lose a tie break from 6-2 up?! Ridiculous. Cost me about £40 too :RANT:.

I think it's over 10 hours now...and counting.

I started watching at around 30-30 and got bored and turned off at around 40-40. God knows how the umpire must be feeling, having to endure the entire match.

The BBC website suggests the match started on Tuesday, and they had actually started the final set by close of play on Tuesday night, so they spent the entire day today trying to finish off that one set, and still didn't manage it.

It's as bad as a cricket test match - play for 5 days and it ends up a draw....

Aww, he's won some games now. Was hoping he'd go from the longest match in history to the shortest, with a 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 defeat.

Well, the first Brit in the final for 74 years.

I don't think he's got a chance (straight sets victory for Federer I bet) and he's a miserable bastard but it's still amazing to see.

Don't mind Murray but would've been nice to see Tsonga in another GS final, he's one of the few entertaining players on the tour to watch.

Both were quite below par today though, Federer will have a cakewalk to another Wimbledon title.

A few people noticed when that final call went through, Tsonga was smiling and said 'go on and win it' or similar to Murray.

Nice to see such sportsmanship and friendliness after such a battle.

Can't wait for Sunday!

I'll be happy if either wins it. Murray needs to finally win and for Fed it'll be his 7th won't it? great way to dethrone Nole and Nadal who've taken all the spot away from him over the past couple years and show that he's still capable of being the best.

Yeah should be brilliant, I find it annoying how people seem to not want Murray to win yet not having a reason for why they dislike him.

We love losers in this country, if he was shit everyone would love him.

Don't really get the hate for Murray either.

He's a good guy and a good player and as someone who hasn't won as much due to being in the same generation as two of the greatest tennis players ever and Djokovic there too, even as neutrals, people love underdogs and 'nearly' teams and so should be cheering for him. Especially in UK.

I definitely don't mind if Murray finally step up and wins and think that'd be a good thing. On the other hand, it's always nice to see Fed (The greatest ever) add to his collection.

I think the one reason some may dislike him is that he's the 'ugliest' of Top 4 lol. Not the most handsome guy but who cares about that. i dont know why we should.

He's a miserable bastard, that's why I don't like him. I can get right behind him whilst he's on court because he's brilliant but then the interview after the match came on and he basically acted like it was all beneath him and he couldn't be arsed.

English people still don't like him because of his comments when he was younger as well. Basically he'd rather be known as Scottish number 1 than British number 1 or something similar and slagging off English football.

He's a miserable bastard, that's why I don't like him. I can get right behind him whilst he's on court because he's brilliant but then the interview after the match came on and he basically acted like it was all beneath him and he couldn't be arsed.

English people still don't like him because of his comments when he was younger as well. Basically he'd rather be known as Scottish number 1 than British number 1 or something similar and slagging off English football.

This. Miserable fucking prick.

I see.

THIS! Exactly why I don't like him.

He slagged off England wishing they would get knocked out as hes Scottish. To top that off, he supports Arsenal, WTF!

Then he wants everyone in England to get behind him. What a utter prick.

So, you have waited 74 years to see a British player in a Wimbledon final but, in the end of the day, you got the wrong Brit there! Oh Jesus! Tbh with you, I've never liked this guy, always sounded to me like he was an arrogant idiot.

Anyway, maybe I'm being too ludicrous but I don't think he stands a chance against Federer who is on his way to be World's #1 once again.

I don't think Federer will be world #1 again but I do see him winning his 7th Wimbledon tomorrow and adding to his GS titles.

As for Murray, he's very much a Scot. I can understand why hsi comments have pissed off certain English people. It makes sense.

I wouldn't say he's arrogant though. I even briefly met him once and he signed an autograph and he seemed like a very sensible down to earth guy.

Not sure what you guys entirely mean by 'miserable'. Can you elaborate on that?

Correct me if I'm wrong Sina but I think Roger will be back at #1 if he wins tomorrow. I guess I heard it on TV last Friday.

Back
Top Bottom