Winning Eleven 10 (PS3/Xbox 360)

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Source - IGN

Konami has some big plans for Winning Eleven on the Xbox 360. In an interview in the latest Famitsu, series producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka revealed that not only does he plan on including Xbox Live Online play with the upcoming Xbox 360 version, but he eventually hopes to realize full 11 versus 11 Online play. It's unclear if we can expect this feature in the next installment, which is due on Xbox 360 in late 2006, but Takatsuka feels that 11 versus 11 play is something that Xbox 360 and other next generation systems should be capable of.

Takatsuka also reveals to the magazine that his team is planning a number of things for future Winning Eleven installments, including creating more accurate digital representations of real world athletes. The future is bright for soccer fanatics.

ps2we8p_1m.jpg
ps2we8p_2m.jpg
ps2we8p_3m.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Winning Eleven 10 (Xbox 360)

There's absolutely no way on earth 11 vs 11 is ever gonna work the way it could in our fantasies. I really doubt that. Having 22 people playing at the same time, there are always some sort of assclowns ruining the game by acting like twats. Hell, you even find them when playing 1 on 1 these days! :mrgreen:

If they don't have full analog player control for the next gen games, I'm done with the series...........................................

Bye then.

And Kez, try playing with reliable people. My 5-side team might make up a clan to play PES6/WE10. If you can get enough friends 11vs11 would be great.

Yeh cos if u just play with people who know are reliable that are on your friends list it'd be great. I'm sure there would be lots of people on here who you could rely on for a 22 player game :)

Mikey said:
If they don't have full analog player control for the next gen games, I'm done with the series...........................................

Yeh sure you will be lol.

But WE10 will not be as great as ppl will imagine updated graphics online play and not much else. WE11 will rock tho as long as they add manager movement options

To be honest, its one of the biggest mistakes for releasing WE10 on the xbox 360...but what can you do, I am sure that it will be released on the ps3 since they will realize the difference in sales..

El_Taib said:
To be honest, its one of the biggest mistakes for releasing WE10 on the xbox 360...but what can you do, I am sure that it will be released on the ps3 since they will realize the difference in sales..

Hows it a mistake? Theres gonna be a 6monthe gap at least between machines so an updated version will prob be on PS3

Mikey said:

ditto fifa's looking good right about now :)

I hope they put lots of more teams like add all the teams from the brazilian league, argentinian league, mexican league and etc licensed jerseys kits and player names for everuthing in the game would be good

Alberto Tomba said:
ditto fifa's looking good right about now :)

Apart from the deformed looking player models lol. :) But really, I'm not running around in 8 directions on a next gen machine. Simply no excuse for it.

Fifa looks fucking shit, utter crap.

Same shiny players, same skating on ice, same poor ball physics. It literally is the shoddy 06 with shinier grafix!!1!11!one

How anyone can say it looks remotely good is beyond me. Sure the presentation will be spot on but the game will suck ass. Its just not like real life.

Also, I know you can speed up Fifa but in 06 the sprint button is practically useless which is crazy.

Mikey said:
But really, I'm not running around in 8 directions on a next gen machine. Simply no excuse for it.
Other than it lies at the core of the greatest football series ever produced. :roll:

I'm not saying analogue control isn't workable but it's such a tricky area when every game has used the 8-way method so far, it's like messing with the brains of Winning Eleven. It could be something spectacular, or they could literally ruin the game.

As for 11vs11, it's a dream but it surely won't be possible unless the game is hosted on a dedicated server, like most PC shooters are just now. I would doubt very much the current setup of the server being used to merely 'connect' players together, then leaving the individual consoles to act as host and client would be plausible for such an ambitious aim - look at the problems caused by the merest hint of lag last year, and that was 1 on 1. Upload rate is a big issue here.

I'll take the same solid WE engine, with much improved graphics and an online mode for the first release, that'll do me nicely.

P.S. Dead Man, the 360 version of WE won't arrive till late 2006 by which time PS3 will be out in Japan anyway, so they're more likely to get the same version, not different ones for each console.

I fully agree.

I'd rather they didnt ruin it all by implementing a half arsed analogue setup. They need to be 100% sure that it makes the game better, it sounds like it would but imo the analogue of Fifa doesnt beat PES so who knows how it would turn out.

11 vs 11 would be awful imo. I want to be in charge of the entire team where possible. 4 plyer is ace so Live 2v2 is going to be good. Anymore than four though and you are asking for trouble. Technically it would be such a mission too.

WE10 will most likely be released in Japan on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in August 2006.

PES6 will most likely be released in Europe on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October 2006.

PES6 will most likely be released in Europe on PSP and PC in November 2006, and will most likely use the old graphics engine.

NickSCFC said:
WE10 will most likely be released in Japan on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in August 2006.

PES6 will most likely be released in Europe on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October 2006.

PES6 will most likely be released in Europe on PSP and PC in November 2006, and will most likely use the old graphics engine.
Nick, a Konami spokesman announced the 360 version of WE was pencilled in for a late 2006 release in Japan, when they originally announced the game was in development in the first place.

'Winning Eleven series executive producer Shinji Enomoto appeared onstage and commented that his project for the Xbox 360 is still in a very preliminary stage, but he said the game should be coming out sometime next year. "We've just begun development, and unfortunately, we don't have a trailer to show yet. But although we've only begun the project, it's already going smoothly," said Enomoto. "It should take about one year to finish the game. We hope to release it in Japan between fall and winter of 2006."'

Which means unless the modding begins no US players will be playing these games....

I'd love to agree with everyone but the next gen looks like fmv stuff and even though FIFA has a set look I think it looks alot better now that it's style has the advantages of next gen on 360. That said we10 better have 8 directions if the revolution can make ya swing so much that you fall and lose your balance and break the dliving room coffee table then we10 can AT lEAST offer us proper control finally. GOD! Does anybody remember how ell football kingdom felt becasue it was analog...

I was hoping that full analogue (360 directions but also direction and pace of all passes, shots, everything) would be the big breakthrough on next gen consoles. We all know the gfx are gonna be improved but I don't get excited by that any more. I want to "really" feel in control, not this semi-scritped game that PES still is.

11 v 11 is also something I've been hoping for and would be great crack (no more bad AI wrecking the play!!!!).

ClassicD said:
Not in the same league as Winning Eleven.

It was not the fact that it was analogue that made FK inferior.

Analogue = proper freedom to play. In my opinion, it's up to Konami to tackle full analogue and get it right. They can't just ignore it lest their precious engine be altered. I want to see real progress, not minor tweaks of some the same ageing code.

winston said:
It was not the fact that it was analogue that made FK inferior.

Analogue = proper freedom to play. In my opinion, it's up to Konami to tackle full analogue and get it right. They can't just ignore it lest their precious engine be altered. I want to see real progress, not minor tweaks of some the same ageing code.

Precisely my point, Winston. Simply making the game analogue will not automatically improve the gameplay, which many people seem to think is the case.

Agree about progress, I want to see it too, but would you not say from each generation to the next they have delivered on that? From ISS Pro -> Winning Eleven 5, from WE5 -> to even the latest version? I would, and I don't think that analogue control is an absolute necessity, although I wouldn't say no.

For the game to be about skill and not automatic and scripted, analog control has to be implimented. At the moment, you're not allowed enough freedom to control your players on and off the ball. Some of the simpliest things which should be easy to do, like cutting a ball out early, or making a run between 2 players, are made a nightmare in the games 'cos of this digital player control. I could rant on all day, but I won't.

Last edited:
I really dont feel that restricted in PES by the lack of analogue. I find, especially with Super Cancel that you have far greater freedom than past editions.

Of course it would be nice, but I dont think its desperately urgent as you appear to do.

I just don't feel like I'm ever fully in control over what happens in the game.. Whether it's passing or shooting, the computer has far too much control over what goes on. Whenever I play a game like Gran Turismo 4 or Quake, I feel as if everything I accomplish is 100% down to me. I simply don't get the same feeling from WE. At times, I feel like I'm just a spectator. That's not what football is about...

Yeah I know what you mean but I feel that PES5 has finally gone some way towards giving you total control. More often than not, I will make my strikers run away from the line they would have taken since ISS on PS1 and intercept or barge opponents off the ball.

Its not perfect but its much better now IMHO.

Kezz said:
There's absolutely no way on earth 11 vs 11 is ever gonna work the way it could in our fantasies. I really doubt that. Having 22 people playing at the same time, there are always some sort of assclowns ruining the game by acting like twats. Hell, you even find them when playing 1 on 1 these days! :mrgreen:

the xbox360 has this reputation system. people with good reps will be matched against (or with) other players with good reps.

so if they use this system the changes on such a scenario are..hopefully..small.

*edit

also, its better then NOT having the option at all. and there a number of ways of getting a bunch off trustworthy people around like friends, coworkers, or evo-web forum buddies?

Last edited:
Why would Seabass announce this crap ?? If I was him I`d get full license for all the national and club teams so our patch makers can rest their brains a little bit. I`m sure KONAMI do have the power and money to get all the licenses that are needed to complete the game but instead they are doing some fancy, shmancy 11vs11 that will never work like Kezz said.

WE/PES were exclusively for PlayStation console recently they started doing some business with XBOX .. so now they will have XBOX 360 WE/PES version so this will bring them lots of money too.. I honestly don`t understand why do we have to play with unlicensed teams.. It`s sad seing how they got only Arsenal and Chelsea from the entire EPL.. its sad. I won`t even bother with XBOX I still see myself having fun on my modded PS2 until PS3 hits the market.

Back
Top Bottom