Winning Eleven 9 : First Impressions - NO QUESTIONS HERE

M

Massacre_1907

Most of us dont have the game yet, and we want to hear the impressions of the people who got their copy.. Please paste pros and cons and new tricks , shooting style, keepers here . Cheers :square:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Winning Eleven 9 : First Impressions

hello

Classic D's First impression of the game

Classic D:

Played 3 matches, the first free-kick I got was with Nakamura as Japan and I put it in the top bag . Went into training and the free-kicks seem WEIRD. I used Nakamura again, but when I held in R1 as he runs up, the shot goes WAAAY to the right. Hold in L1 and it does the same, but to the left! By this I mean it doesn't seem to go where you aimed originally, unsure whether it's for faking your opponent in multiplayer so they don't know where you're shooting.

The R2 shot is lovely, honestly, some of the goals you will be able to score will be marvellous. Del Piero + R2 shot = bliss .

Santos and Sao Paulo are in the game, Egypt are GONE completely, from what I saw.

One small concern is fouls, the refs love to blow for the smallest of challenges.

Player ratings are MUCH better, loads of 7s and already had an 8.5, after 3 games. It also puts a star next to the man of the match, in case he has the same rating as someone else.

Replay cameras are GREAT, you can get the higher view back now, AND view the goal from the camera angle you play the game on (ie, FAR, WIDE, etc).

First impressions are the game is great, the overall pace is a lot slower now, A LOT slower and be prepared to watch the AI pass it about a little to keep possession. Will play some more and post.

i always find that replays of goals are far to short often you dont get to see the build up play and its a pitty.

whaou amazing game !!!

I did only match real-barça I won on PK (1-1) 5-4 amazing backs has been given a star with a 7.5 after the game !

no slowdown cheers !!

the new moves are incredible !! it's so realistic !!

the defense is very smart and strong , players are always catching your jersey it's so real !! when they are waiting for an air pass they fight a little to take the best position it's so nice whao oo !!

gogogogo second match see ya ^^

First thing I noticed is that even if you pass with X now... the ball isn't totally on ground and usually is bouncing as it gets to receiving player. This means in general passes' speed are lower.

The game speed overall seems slower and better but whole thing feels different but then again it always does when you get a new PES/WE game ;)

Keepers can now throw it longer.. when you hold L1 and press X when you have ball with keeper and AI uses it quite often too.

Only played few matches.. so can't say a whole lot more than that yet..

more impressions from me.. possibly with few vids or so later.

hi guys EDITED STATS CARRY OVER TO ML now!! Even edited age! Everything! :D

I did it for a test and it's all fine this means no more Para and all kidns of bullshit for those of us who want to tweak things. You can get an optoin file and even edit a bit yourself and then have your dream mL! :mrgreen:

Other things I noticed... There is an option to show player's fatigue bar I think it is under their name, which can be very useful so you don't have to go to formations.. screen to see how tired they are.

Played 4 matches here and yes pace is slower, you really dont have time to turn and take it slow with the defenders then the ball is gone right away
but if you are on the attacking sida and manage to fool a defender then your all free and since this version seems to buid alot on acceleration , then it will take a few meters for the defenders to catch up and thats wery good
overall it felt much more dangerous to play defence play
another thing is that the normal chip :l1: + :triangle: is much lower and really get you a runnign ball instead of a hig one
and same is with the one two if you play :x: + :circle: then you dont have to be affraid the reciver have to slow down ...the ball travels in his path
i really liked this game form the beggining and after 20-30 matches im sure i will love it =)

YEAH! i've been dreaming about those fatigue bars.... coz i always go to formations often in 2nd halfs

We don't give a shit. Read the thread title you fucking retard, it's for impressions only.

First things first.

I played:
WE8 Japan
WE8JL
WE8LE

Now.

Right off the start i noticed the graphics were much more clearer. The glimmering/shimmering effect is now gone. The lighting is much more realistic now as well. Animations from a far make the game look a whole lot better now.

gameplay. Different. It doesn't neccessarily play the same anymore. there's hints to WE8,we8JL and LE respectively, but the gameplay is much slower paced now. The controls are different as well in some areas(easier for some now and now a learning curve for others)

SLOWDOWN is remarkably less that WE8 and We8LE(which i felt had A LOT of slowdown) so it goes to show you i really am nit-picky,even for current gen consoles)

Overall it was worth the import money. And most definately a step up in the series.

Bumpmistu Score 38/40 :lmao:

just one thing played a ex match and had no crowd in stadium except for replays, but put crowd on 3 for each home and away and had full crowd sounds, is there and option somewhere to turn the crowd on or have they removed it due to slowdown

my first impressions:
i played an exhibition match with spain vs. nigeria

first thing i noticed was the wide camera angle seems noticably further back, which i love.

complete overhaul of the animations.. not just some but most if not all of them have been recaptured which gives the game a very different feel and look. so far i really like it and there seem to be much more animations involved

the ball is much more bouncy than in WE8LE which is good because touches are not as immaculate, however gameplay seems to be overall slower and encourages passing games more than streaking quickly down the pitch. very nice

shooting is fantastic, there is much more variety here in shots and how people take them. example i came in on the wing with joaquin and sent in a double O cross, i saw torres and hit [] but too soon and he slid with his boot out and the ball flew over his head. awesome

i got in a nice fight (ok they just started shoving like in WE8LE) with okocha and raul

no slowdown in wide and 9 angle (also, with 9 angle it is more pronounced of an angle to me than in previous WE)

overall, it's damn fun and a lot of changes. really feels like quite a different game but still retains all the character and flavour that we have come to love in WE. so for those who say this was just a tweak or revision of WE8, you were god damn wrong. worthy of a new number. for those who havent gotten theirs yet, count the seconds until it arrives because this game rocks!

There is somthing that migh piss people off, i dont know how come poeple didnt mention it,

THE SIDE steps move is done automaticly now, that means, all you have to do is to press UP and DOwn,...

Now i dont know why knoami did something like that? but this IS A BIG mistake.

And i am pretty sure people wont be happy about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Played about five games against my brother. Various teams - England, Spain, Inter, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool and as usual it feels all wrong. Thats not to say its bad. I found WE8LE felt wrong at first but now its the dog's balls.
One thing that i'm sure will annoy the hell out of me is the "side step without holding R2" feature. I used to like to run down the wing and cut in at 90 degrees but now, obviously, its not possible.

As mentioned before the ref seems to breathe with the whistle in his mouth but so far we've only seen a couple of cards produced.

We're pretty evenly matched (both crap) so shooting opportunities were minimal. When we did manage to get a shot in we kept trying the R2 and [] shot. I'm sure its good but I think i'll have a go in training to really see the difference.
There were a few post rattlers from corners and free kicks but nothing too new from what i could see.

Throw Ins are still done by controlling the thrower. Keeper throws the ball out a long way now but if you're not careful the ball can go to the enemy.

Cant wait to get used to it and see how much better it is than the last installment(usually takes a good few wins over my bro!!!!)

Didn't notice ANY slowdown in the default view.

Sorry if theres nothing new here but thought i'd put my two pence worth in. I'll add more as I figure it out.

Looking forward to a translation patch sometime but at the moment i'm happy trying to work out who the teams are!!!!!

Cheers for reading!!!!!

Wicked game, just encountered something new(?)

Had posession in midfield with Lampard, he played the ball through to Duff who went on to score from a tight angle. In the process of Lampard passing, he got taken out. After my goal Lampard was still on the floor in agony, and then it showed a replay of him getting taken out. Brilliant :)

Haven't had any decent shots on goal yet, only a couple of tap ins. Great game so far though.

Serious ive only played one game but i havent noticed it (couldnt score, went to penos, saw 3 diff animations...SWEET)

that thing sounds a bit shit really. oh well, sure we'll all get used to it and learn to use it properly :D

konami will never make a game that 100% satisfies us, face it :D

Guys, this is worst thing they have ever done to the series, this thing is just stupid from konami, i couldnt even continue to play a single game after knowing this...

R.I.P WINNING ELEVEN

(p.s. newbies only will tell you it dosnt matter, i didnt notice, and all of that crap)

alright, it can't be that bad. gawd, there's always people that blow things way out of proportion. like it's your effing child or something.

YES THEY ARE, doing the sidesteps automaticlly IS BULLSHIT! let me tell you something....

do you have the game?

i dont think so!

Lovejoy!, I RARELY USE THE R2 TO FUCKING DRIBBLE! NOW I AM FORCED TO USE IT EVERY TIME! the R2 DRIBBLE DIDNT EXIST IN WE6!!!! they shouldnt do it like that!

and when you get the game, you might be happy about the new SOUNDS, ANNIMATIONS, NEW TEAMS, NEW LOOKS, BUT ALL THAT SHIT DOSNT MATTER, the GAMEPLAY Is FUCKED UP!

filthydani said:
Guys, this is worst thing they have ever done to the series, this thing is just stupid from konami, i couldnt even continue to play a single game after knowing this...

R.I.P WINNING ELEVEN

(p.s. newbies only will tell you it dosnt matter, i didnt notice, and all of that crap)

You are really a nice guy man! I bet you`ve got a lot of virtua friends @evoweb ;) Anyway i noticed it BUT it isn`t that horrible. And trust me i ain`t a noob!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom