Winning Eleven 9 - I have to complain

F

flesymekili

Konami could do better than this, and from what I've read, WE10 doesn't seem much better.

Master League
I am playing master league and I already have an incredible team at the end of my second season. I wanted to see if it was even POSSIBLE to sell some of my players so I put 15 players up for sale, and then went through the transfer period five times. Not a single offer. It really doesn't make sense.

Offside
The ref in the game, especially for offside calls, is for one, completely ridiculous, and second, inaccurate according to football rules in most leagues, and third, blind.

Examples, when two players are shoulder to shoulder, the attacker is not offside. Maybe its different in the J-league, Konami, but everywhere else this is pretty much how it is called.

When the attacker is offside when a ball is kicked in from far away, and the the ball bounces off one or two defenders as the attacker has come back onside, then the attacker gets the ball, it is simply not offside. Retarded.

And by the way, Konami, if the attacker is BEHIND the ball when it is crossed, he is not offside. EVER.

Passing
I know I need to get better at this, but about one in five passes doesn't go to the player I think I am aiming for. Or when I hold a button for longer, it goes to the farthest possible player. Konami, maybe it woudl be a good idea to build common sense into the AI. Like say there are two players right next to eachother, and one is marked while the other is runnign into space. If I hit for a through pass, I PROBABLY am intending to pass the ball towards the guy running into space. This wouldn't be a problem but the manual passing is so ridiculously difficult to use on a regular basis.

Cards and Fouls
It would be nice to see the CPU get a card every once in a while, say for example, when the same left back knocks me over five or six times in a row without going for the ball. Or hey, maybe when I got tackled in the box, from behind, in a 1 v 1, he coudl have given the AUTOMATIC RED instead of a yellow.

It would also be nice if Konami figured out the meaning of "playing the advantage." if the ball is heading to my winger after my back was tackled, and i'm about to have a winger in open space with attackers going into the box, i PROBABLY don't want him to blow the whistle and give me a free kick 60 yards back from where the ball is.

Teammate AI
I am not saying I think FIFA is a better game. Its more fun in some ways, but obviously completely meant to be an arcade game and not at all realistic. But Konami could probably learn a bit from the AI. For one thing, it would be nice if every once in a while, on a lose ball, if some of my teammates would try to get open or maybe run for the ball, instead of my (the player with the arrow) being the only one doing anything. Players don't react. Its ridiculous. Also, the way that in fifa you can call for you players to go on runs is excellent. In winning eleven, they usually go on a run about two beats before you are able to send a through ball, which makes for a lot offsides.

More venting to come... does anyone else have any thoughts?

flesymekili said:
Konami could do better than this, and from what I've read, WE10 doesn't seem much better.

Master League
I am playing master league and I already have an incredible team at the end of my second season. I wanted to see if it was even POSSIBLE to sell some of my players so I put 15 players up for sale, and then went through the transfer period five times. Not a single offer. It really doesn't make sense.

Cards and Fouls
It would be nice to see the CPU get a card every once in a while, say for example, when the same left back knocks me over five or six times in a row without going for the ball. Or hey, maybe when I got tackled in the box, from behind, in a 1 v 1, he coudl have given the AUTOMATIC RED instead of a yellow.

It would also be nice if Konami figured out the meaning of "playing the advantage." if the ball is heading to my winger after my back was tackled, and i'm about to have a winger in open space with attackers going into the box, i PROBABLY don't want him to blow the whistle and give me a free kick 60 yards back from where the ball is.

Some of my most hated stuff including the weather bug.

All fixed in WE10

embraceuk1 said:
Some of my most hated stuff including the weather bug.

All fixed in WE10

I dunno... I never trust you Scots from Indiana....

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom