Winning Eleven 9 Inter On-Line hands on

embraceuk1 said:
Just read a Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Review

Well maybe they tweaked the net code or something... they say it plays virtually perfect. I find that hard to belive w/ the crappy PS2 servers, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

CapnKill said:
Well maybe they tweaked the net code or something... they say it plays virtually perfect. I find that hard to belive w/ the crappy PS2 servers, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The servers dont handle the actual match though, they only hold the lobby information. Once you connect to an opponent its peer to peer. ;)

So as in the preview, if the two guys are sitting in the same room on different PS2's, then of course lag will be negligable. Wait until you're in New York and you play someone in Seattle of LA, then you may find a difference.

Dar said:
The servers dont handle the actual match though, they only hold the lobby information. Once you connect to an opponent its peer to peer. ;)

So as in the preview, if the two guys are sitting in the same room on different PS2's, then of course lag will be negligable. Wait until you're in New York and you play someone in Seattle of LA, then you may find a difference.

There has to be something with the servers since Madden on X-Box Live is 100 times better then the PS2 version.

For some games maybe, for PES/WE nope. The servers only handle logins and lobby stuff, once you connect to an opponent then its a peer to peer connection.

It's quite usual for EA to run their own servers and their games off them though isn't it? I dont think Konami would be bothered with the hassle of running their own dedicated servers to host the matches on.

Dar said:
For some games maybe, for PES/WE nope. The servers only handle logins and lobby stuff, once you connect to an opponent then its a peer to peer connection.

It's quite usual for EA to run their own servers and their games off them though isn't it? I dont think Konami would be bothered with the hassle of running their own dedicated servers to host the matches on.

Well that's good news I suppose..cutting out the middle man would make for a much better connection... in theory.

CapnKill said:
Well that's good news I suppose..cutting out the middle man would make for a much better connection... in theory.

Once both of you have decent upload it works extremely well. :applause:

Also once either of you plays fair and doesn't begin a sly upload while hosting, which can be a minor problem. :roll:

Dar said:
Once both of you have decent upload it works extremely well. :applause:

Also once either of you plays fair and doesn't begin a sly upload while hosting, which can be a minor problem. :roll:

Yeah, we run into that in Madden 06 as well.. actually people would wiggle the network cable in and out causing you to lag when you have the ball or when you're trying to kick FGs.... but that's a small percentage of retards.

Back
Top Bottom