Winning Eleven 9 with option ONLINE and added snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjoseca

Conference
19 March 2003
Infos zu World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

08.06.05 - Die Fußballsimulation World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 soll nach Händlerinformationen am 04.08.05 in Japan ausgeliefert werden. Das Spiel besitzt Online-Funktionen und beim Wetter ist Schneefall hinzugekommen. Preis: Yen 7.329

Source: http://www.gamefront.de/

My german ain't too great but it says it'll be released in japan on the 4/8/05 and it will have online play and also a new weather mode - snow. If thats true then this is good news.

good, i hope the snow has some impact on the pitch conditions

maybe if it falls too heavily during a match, it will lie and the game will have to be abondoned :)

plumbers_x said:
good, i hope the snow has some impact on the pitch conditions

maybe if it falls too heavily during a match, it will lie and the game will have to be abondoned :)

Not going to happen

But if theres news on a german site there must be news in Japan somewhere

Other news in French !

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/articles/A0000041697.html

please reopen my official thread about WE9 !!!

Some translate :

Cover = Zico and Nakamura
Nippon Challenge Go For 2006 (Japan qualifying)
more realistic moves
new position = Wingback (like Cafu) or Second Top (like scholes)
Snow and snow in any moment of the game (exemple : 57' snow start)
you can see the smoke from player when the temperature is cold

Last edited:
It's just good there's any sort of information at all, even if it is totally useless (adding stuff like players' cold breath is silly when they've not yet removed slowdown from previous versions). Stuff about online is irrelevant to 99% of us, except perhaps from the fact it'll probably be possible in PES5 online.

Heres an official article from gamespot.com

Winning Eleven 9 kicking off in Japan this summer

The next installment in Konami's wildly popular soccer franchise will hit the pitch across the Pacific on August 4.
TOKYO--According to retail sources, Konami will release World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 in Japan on August 4. The game will be priced at 7,329 yen ($69), presumably for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2.

One of the biggest features in World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 will be the way the players move on the pitch. Aside from the addition of new tricks, the basic motions of the on-screen players have also been reworked, to be even more realistic than in previous games in the series.

Other features include the addition of two new positions, Wing Back and Second Top, the addition of snow as a weather climate, and the optimization of the game’s network mode for improved online play. World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 also features a new mode called "Nippon Challenge: Go For 2006," which allows players to try and steer the Japanese team to win an international championship.

The Winning Eleven series has been a runaway hit both inside and outside Japan. The franchise's most recent installment, World Soccer Winning Eleven 8, shipped over one million units its first day of release on August 5, 2004.

Pretty much confirming everything thats been written.
I have to agree with classicd aswell on the 'silly' features that have been announced regarding snow and players breathing etc when surely these added elements will affect slowdown more?

it'll be interesting to see how the game plays and looks. Konami always tend to surprise when releasing the proper sequels (e.g we7 to we8, rather than we7 to we7 international) as the graphical and animation improvement is more than expected.

Adonis said:
Heres an official article from gamespot.com

One of the biggest features in World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 will be the way the players move on the pitch. Aside from the addition of new tricks, the basic motions of the on-screen players have also been reworked, to be even more realistic than in previous games in the series.

Intresting indeed.....

That seems odd as im sure it wasnt announced for anything other than ps2, right? I dont trust these gaming sites 100% anyways, somethimes they get stuff so wrong.

Say that, heres a reel from the ign site:

Winning Eleven 9 Announced
Latest entry to hit Japan in just a couple of months, complete with Online play.
by Anoop Gantayat
June 8, 2005 - First details on Winning Eleven 9, the next entry in Konami's world-beating soccer series, have surfaced in Japan. The game is scheduled for Japanese release on August 4, carrying a price tag of 7,329 yen.

Konami will be once again using Zico, the popular coach of the Japanese national team, as the spokesperson for the game, but he won't be alone this time. Joining him will be Serie A midfielder Junsuke Nakamura. This is the first time Konami has made use of two spokespersons for its premier sports title.
As expected, we can look forward to a number of improvements for the new year. Two new positions, Wing Back and Second Top have been added to the game. You can also look forward to improved character animation, with basic motions having been recaptured. The game also adds play in snowy conditions, with the players' breath being visible in the cold.

All your favorite modes seem to be back, including an improved Master League with more precise control over player growth. New to the game is the "Nippon Challenge Go for 2006" mode in which players lead the Japanese national team towards qualification for the coming World Cup. This mode will have additional gameplay options not found in the other modes of play.

Those who got a taste for Online play with the Japan-only Winning Eleven 8: Live Ware Evolution will be pleased to learn that Online play is a standard feature in Winning Eleven 9. Konami has refined its network engine to allow for better play and added functionality. You'll now be able to use Master League teams in competition.

While Live Ware Evolution never saw stateside release, we think Winning Eleven 9 will have a different fate, at last giving gamers outside of Japan a chance at Online Winning Eleven.

More of the same, but it has a point that interest me. The statement '...including an improved Master League with more precise control over player growth'. I personaly hope you can stop your players skills going down.and also the master league being loads beta with propa leagues.

Then again, it is ign saying it

Adonis said:
All your favorite modes seem to be back, including an improved Master League with more precise control over player growth. New to the game is the "Nippon Challenge Go for 2006" mode in which players lead the Japanese national team towards qualification for the coming World Cup. This mode will have additional gameplay options not found in the other modes of play.

God all-fu.cking-mighty...

Well, I can hardly wait to try out control over player growth. Just what the game was so clearly missing, and so much more important than sorting out the pathetic ML structure with 8 teams in Div 2 and no real point to it at all.

So far, on a scale of 1 to 10, the score on my excitement meter is -6 and fading.

One of the biggest features in World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 will be the way the players move on the pitch. Aside from the addition of new tricks, the basic motions of the onscreen players have also been reworked to be even more realistic than in previous entries in the series.
sounds so interesting, i think it may be the most value info now

snow?????it's a good addition but we want more improvement on the gameplay!this game needs to go back to its classic gameplay!if they make it easier and more arcade like than we8 its a shame!!i think they are trying to make this game FIFA.WE8 sucks.easy turns ,easy passing,skillfull players like ronaldinho can driblle all the opponents easily and score unrealistic goals.matches ending 8-5!!!for gods shake football !!!and now snow???that reminds me of fifa 98!!!i'm not very optimistic about the future of the series.its getting worse and worse.

you already have online in WE8 on PC.. ? and WE9 online system for PC won't be any different than the one now. :p

olympiacos5 said:
snow?????it's a good addition but we want more improvement on the gameplay!this game needs to go back to its classic gameplay!if they make it easier and more arcade like than we8 its a shame!!i think they are trying to make this game FIFA.WE8 sucks.easy turns ,easy passing,skillfull players like ronaldinho can driblle all the opponents easily and score unrealistic goals.matches ending 8-5!!!for gods shake football !!!and now snow???that reminds me of fifa 98!!!i'm not very optimistic about the future of the series.its getting worse and worse.

Totally disagree. I find people tend to exaggerate when they find a small thing wrong with the game.
You can dribble everybody?? I can't even do that with Ronaldinho and trust me i'm a damn good player :D

Easy shots?? I heard this when WE8LE just came out that it was so easy to blast super hard shot and score and after playing for a month I still think shooting is very good. Almost what I exactly what I don't find wher people come with these opinions.. I wonder if we play same game sometimes.

Either way you're entitled to your opinion of course.

take care

Hmmm well? 2 months till...

Just read that the player animations will be recaptured.

I hope we get some news about ML and new things about it as well as its structure in next few days or so.

you know some people are just so negative all the time. We haven't even had a any proper info, screenshots or anything but people are still slagging it off. Fucks sake just wait till we get some more info. For the time being I think the little bit we've had sounds promising, but i doubt the things we've heard so far are gonna be the only improvements. I'm with you plf, sometimes I think we play a different game lol.

This is a disgrace, I'm not excited about the new features at all. Im not going to waste my money on this shit, Konami have lost the plot completely i dont see any future for this series now.

-fourtet- said:
This is a disgrace, I'm not excited about the new features at all. Im not going to waste my money on this shit, Konami have lost the plot completely i dont see any future for this series now.
Blablabla...

Wathever the improvements 'll be included in WE9, that's still the one and only decent football simulation on any format ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom