Winning Eleven DS - Official Topic

okay cool, well hopefully Konami can build on this for the future games.

i guess you all playing illegal copies then. let u now how the world tour mode is when you get the chance.

I think this is fantastic; this year I'm a fan of FIFA on every format, but I've got to say, this game is really really good. Seriously, it's a handheld PES, a brilliant recreation gameplay-wise (in-fact, if the gameplay in the 360 version was the same as this, i.e. not every single shot goes over the bar when you play it in the multiplayer mode, then I'd never be off the 360).

The World Tour mode is a bit naff - from what I can tell, you can't choose which team to control, so you have to be some strange blue-shirted team which I'm guessing is either a master-league fake team or Japan - but the gameplay is superb.

My very first game, England v Italy, they were all over me; they must have had fifteen shots at least which were deflected away or fingertip-saved by the keeper. Then, with seconds to go, I get a quick counter-attack going, the ball lands on Crouch's foot, I hit a shot towards the bottom corner - but it's as weak as piss (thanks to PES6 on the 360 making me petrified of holding down a shot button ever again in a football game). It creeps past the outstretched keeper and it's a goal. In the middle of a car-journey I actually shouted "YES!" so loud that the driver swerved.

Would definitely recommend, but be careful where you play it. :D

There's three difficulty levels, the last one is (obviously) the most difficult. But then, it's about the same as the hardest difficulty on PES6, and I've seen countless people say that's way too easy (yikes).

kobashi said:
i guess you all playing illegal copies then.
What're you talking about?
shifty.gif

Play.com now listing PES6 for DS as 26/1/2007, in case anyone else is waiting on it. Might just take the plunge with WE.

Just a bad game. Went and p[layed ISS 2000 for N64 after playing this and even that game seems old now after playing fifa 07 it's just crazy the time that has gone by. Even though incrementally the change is small year after year IF you look at games maybe say 5 years apart then it starts to look much different and feel completely off when you play older version. i really had HIGH hopes for WE DS and when i finally got it popped it in my onyx ds i was at first shocked by all the bugs the game had in the framerate and department and just the gameplay in genreal.

No camera nagles other than one
One stadium and one day setting sunny
Umm go screw yourself with it Nokami!.

I'l be buying pro evo 6 for the PSP I guess but damn this is a quick 50 dollars down the effing drain

Konami have been lazy for sure. no camera setting, lack of teams etc is not good enough and there really is no excuse.

I am so disgusted with the ds version it is not funny i thought here I would be getting just a simple game but with the ISS mentality or somthin but no it's almost co plete garbage

Seriously what do you guys expect developers can only do so much with the current DS hardware and you where better off getting it for the PSP.

Onbail said:
Seriously what do you guys expect developers can only do so much with the current DS hardware and you where better off getting it for the PSP.

stupid stupid me i guess huh? anyway the wost thing is the game's an an import i should just seel it on ebayskionit or somethin

This game is so shit, theres so much improvement this game could have had. Theres no 720p, no motion detection, no finger print scanner, no sat nav, no online banking, and I tried and tried but it still wouldnt fry my eggs for me.

Last edited:
Onbail said:

er yes the DS hardware is limited but Konami could of done more with what they have got no doubt..

and i havent and have no interest in getting a PSP.

You're saying that now but if they had included everything you asked for, when the sequel comes out, you'd be complaining about the lack of improvement.

You cant win with people like you. :lol:

Can any of you expand at all on the reasons why you don't like the game? Lack of teams, camera and weather conditions isn't really important for me. This is a handheld after all and you can't expect many frills, especially on the DS.

What's the story with the gameplay though? Is is really that bad? I played an early code in Leipzig a few months ago and thought it played quite well. What's player A.I. like? Have they included any special moves/tricks? Is there a PES shop? Any unlockables?

Thanks in advance :)

I have the game.

too things that make it completely unplayable is what makes me dislike it

ball is floaty has not changed a lick since the first previews of the game thought it would be sorted...no
shooting at goal feels very much like shooting in a gba game BAD
plays more like the early gba versions od ISS or WE from japan but is a DS game?!

Classic, if you liked the ISS games on PSone, I see no reason why you wouldn't think this is a brilliant game to carry around with you. The only thing is the language and the lack of depth (great cups and leagues but the "World Tour" mode, from what I can tell, you have to complete with either Japan or a cack ML team - and all the "World Tour" mode comprises of is playing every team in the game anyway). But if you're out and about I think it plays a great game of football for a portable console (certainly the best I've ever played).

If you don't expect too much (if you don't expect it to be like PES6) then I can't see why you wouldn't like it. This "floaty ball" stuff is only because the game plays slightly slow, which allows you to pass properly and play a good game of football IMO. ISS PE on the go, it can't be bad, can it?

I think Bumper is only upset because it doesn't play like the N64 versions, but I didn't play those, and I loved the PSone versions - and that's what it is.

No offence bumper but at one point you proclaimed a pre-07 FIFA on the 360 as good, either the RTWC or the actual World Cup version.

Back
Top Bottom