Winning Eleven DS - Official Topic

just tried it, it's a decent soccer game on the go for the DS, but it's not going to replace the console/pc versions anytime soon. not really worth buying in my opinion...

World Tour Mode has you being a default Konami team. when you win games you get coins and with them you buy random real players.

Also WE DS sold 90,000 in 1st week

it's a decent soccer game on the go for the DS, but it's not going to replace the console/pc versions anytime soon.
I dont think it was meant to. :roll:

If you're gonna compare this game to something, compare it to other handheld games, not a next gen console game or something.
Some of you just dont get it, do you?

You're welcome. ;)

Also paid it 18,50€ (inc. shipping), which is really nothing. I wanted to wait the European release (planned for late January) but I couldn't wait to try it. To see if it's as bad as it seems... Or a bit less!

Cheers to Scully at pesfan and ONM. :D

There is no Master League or League mode, instead the only choices are Exhibition and Cup mode (where you can choose a 4-team, 8-team or 16-team tournament). The main menu options from top to bottom (via my Japanese translating skills - honest) are:

MATSUCHI (Match)
Choose from either a normal exhibition match or a penalty shootout.

WARUDO TSUA (World Tour)
The game's main mode. You, as "Original Team" (though this can be edited), must take on every country in the world and beat them. Starting at level K (the likes of Saudi Arabia, Ghana etc), you have to work your way up to level A (Brazil, Italy etc), beating every team. EVery time you win a match (any match, not just in World Tour mode) you get a coin, and you put these coins into the slot of a toy machine. The capsule you get will contain a random player from one of the teams you've already beaten, who will then be added to your squad. So do you use up some coins early on to get the likes of Saudi Arabia defenders (who are still better than your rubbish starter team), or do you struggle through with your team of no-hopers and save the coins until you can get some better players? Nice one.

NETSUWAKU (Network)
Offers various multiplayer modes, ranging from Two-card local multiplayer (where each player has a copy of the game and can play as any team) to Single-card multiplayer (where a player without the game can download it to their DS, but the only teams available as Winning Eleven XI and PES XI), and Wi-Fi (more on that later).

KONAMI KATSUPU (Konami Cup)
Lets you choose a 4-team, 8-team or 16-team cup.

ORIZINARU CHIMU (Original Team)
Lets you edit the details of the team you'll use in the World Tour mode, including choosing their name, strip colour (from eight choices), and - in a sweet touch - the ability to draw their logo using the touch screen in a paint mode (like in Mario Kart DS).

????? (Progress Screen)
This screen (the name of which I couldn't translate, sorry) shows you how many tokens you've earned (from winning Cup matches) and your lifetime stats (games won/lost/drawn and goals scored/conceded). It'll also show you your progress in the World Tour mode.

TORENINGU (Training)
Choose from FURI TORENINGU (Free Training) or FURI KITSUKU (Free Kick). Pretty self-explanatory.

EDEITSUTO (Edit)
Choose from TEMU (Team - change the names of the two unlicensed teams and, strangely the unlicensed countries - want Belgium to be called Crapsville? Now it can be!) or ???? (Player). When editing players, you can choose the edit their name (13 letters), their number, their height, their hair colour (brown, black, blonde, none) and skin colour (four shades). Beat that, Xbox 360!

OPUSHIYON (Options)
The first option is gameplay settings, which lets you change:
- Match length (3, 5, 7 or 10 mins)
- Extra Time (on or off)
- Penalties (on or off)
- Keeper Select (semi-auto or manual)
- Bottom screen (formation or radar)
- Ball (white, red, blue, yellow)
Then there's sound settings (adjust the volume of BGM and sound effects), control settings and, finally, data clear (you don't want that one).

I have played 34 games so far, scoring 141 goals and conceding 14, mostly been playin the World Tour, have not been beaten yet, trying to go thru the World Tour without buying players through the Lucky Dip, about half way through and it is getting trickier now.

For £12.65, its a great wee game, it is very like ISS PE, the slow down at corners is exactly the same, and some rubbish keeping.

I have played pes2008 for a while and I can say while it's a bit better than pes6 it still sucks big time.

I enjoyed it a lot. It's very simple but it's nice to built good plays.
If I have 5 minutes, I play this game. I have played around 300 matches and I'll continue until PES9 is released :).

Back
Top Bottom