Winning Eleven Graphics on Next Gen Systems?

jumbo said:
man, i got back into WE8J-L so i'm playin all the time :p

well, i'm actually doing some writing for my new WE site. Nothing fancy, just ARTICLES and shlt to spread the word about WE... :)

Yeah man .. I`'m playin that shit 24/7.. do you play as Euro teams or use Asian teams too.. ??

Also if I can help about your site hit me up..I`d like to contribute as much as I can..

Can`t wait for the freakin WE8LWE.

So much of what you say is just speculation Jumbo.

The Cell chip comes in different versions, some more powerful (with more CPUs) than others.

Sony have not stated which version of Cell will power the PS3.

NVidia have not stated what the VPU will be.

HL2 is IMO, the most graphically advanced videogame on the market at this time. Yes it caters for less-advanced cards, but it's also a different beast entirely on the top end ones. A tech demo of the Unreal 3 engine which is running on hardware which isn't even finalised yet isn't comparable. No one has stated minimum specs for this game, again, it's pure speculation.

There might well be a 2 generational gap between what HL2 can run on and what PS3 will have, but you can't state that as fact when you don't know exactly what will be inside that machine. Regardless, HL2 doesn't look twice as good as games 2 generations ago, I think Quake 3 is far more than 2 generations of videocard back for example.

Sony always talk absolute shit when preparing their new console. Yes it will be powerful, but the stuff you say is impossible to confirm because no specs have been released yet, it's only speculation. Also, graphics have reached somewhat of a plateau, they can't continually make huge jumps (refer back to the example I gave, HL2 is years more advanced than Quake 3 but there is not the kind of jump we have seen in the past between generations of videocard).

Anyway, just my opinion. If you're going to speculate then I will too, I think the PS3's laser will be a POS ;).

Well, I think the new blue laser will be much more reliable. Blue vs Red light. ;)
As far as the rest goes,

the FACT is PS2 wasn't all they advertised but the port of Half-Life much exceeded the at-that-time-current PC version in every aspect.

Speculations aside, i think it's safe to assume, the same will happen with HL2 if they make it a PS3 launch title. ;)

ClassicD said:
That's a render, not in-game.
True, but that's what EA promised would be "in game models in next-gen EA Sports Titles". There's also a fight night face model which is easily on par w/ Final Fantasy the movie, quality wise. Still, let's wait for E3 to see if EA/Sony are onto something or not...

This are the graphics for Battlefield 2:

battlefield231.jpg

if WE for next gen console can at least look like that, I'll be happy.

Nice. but... when someone says that in-game graphics will be like FMV's, simply depends of the quality of the FMV's. For example i think it's impossible for the next gen-systems to achieve the in-graphics of say, Blizzard games FMV's, WarCraft 3 for instance. I haven't played WoW so I don't know about that one! :)

about the above image, its nice the soldiers are very detailed, but the background and ground are to simple. Hl2 has better back's and ground. of course this is just 1 image and maybe i'm mistaken! ;)

Last edited:
elchico said:
True, but that's what EA promised would be "in game models in next-gen EA Sports Titles". There's also a fight night face model which is easily on par w/ Final Fantasy the movie, quality wise. Still, let's wait for E3 to see if EA/Sony are onto something or not...
EA are hardly going to play down their in development projects, they will talk them up and attempt to get as much hype surrounding them as possible. Also, 'EA' and 'promised' when used in the same sentence are words you take with a pinch of salt ;).

That BF image looks very nice, but not significantly better than HL2 if at all.

If you look closely at BF2, the only thing that stands out is the solider models.
Bump-mapping, normal-mapping.

On PS3, I would expect, instead of the nasty sand texture, a bump-mapped ground covered with fully animated 3d grass.

I don't think it'll be impossible we see a huge gap between PS2 and PS3.

Comparing Grand Turismo 2 with GT4 or even with Burnout 3 you can see that we had a lot of improvement.

In fact my eyes didn't believed what they saw in Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 comparing with MGS1. To not mention Splinter Cell.

Some games had reached a so high level on PS2 that the in game graphics could easily substitute the FMV and in some rarely cases you neither can distinguish what is a real movie or a in-game graphic (Grand Turismo series).

Higher resolution, smoother edges and the like is all I think we'll see and I'll be happy with that.

Seriously how good can a game look from the wide angle in WE8 anyway?

Either way.. ;)

How can people say there ain't gonna be much difference?

Holy shlt, image fully 3d crowds with the stadiums detail & grass & player models looking like in the pictures above..

Man, it's gonna be good, MAD GOOD. :D

I think those images above are quite a good reference although i have to say that, that example does'nt apply to every company as Bungie has got quite near to those graphics seen in the next generation pic's, things like grass and high textures have been done in Halo and Halo 2 so i expect further improvement's than that from the big companies but hopefully we will get a very high standard for graphics throughout the industry instead of just the usual suspects ;)

I wish if they could reach the quality of the FMV, but I doubt it, it will be very impressive and much more advanced than now but at the same time its going to be very similiar to the recent winning elven games, just expect to see the at a more advanced level of graphics, but I still think it will be almost the same layout as the previous titles!!

If you play games like Resident Evil 4 on the currrent gen consoles, you'll realise that the X360 graphics arent as advance as people make them out to be. People just use bad screenshots when comparing to make the new consoles look better.

i dont care how good the graphics will be, most importantly pls, no clipping of objects... it drives me crazy when ever i see replay and both players heads are 'within' each other, or the feet is stabbed into another's body or better still, the gk can save the ball without actually touching the ball

BK_83 said:
i dont care how good the graphics will be, most importantly pls, no clipping of objects... it drives me crazy when ever i see replay and both players heads are 'within' each other, or the feet is stabbed into another's body or better still, the gk can save the ball without actually touching the ball
That will takes years to perfect.

elchico said:

And in the end that turned out to be bullshit, which does not surprise me.
Compare EA's XBox360 games with those pics and vids they released.
I seriously doubt we'll see anything CG quality next-gen, especially WE.

Back
Top Bottom