Winning Eleven Graphics on Next Gen Systems?

Very simple. if they DO NOT look like the FMV we see in the intros of Winning eleven then konami will have dissapointed us. I think the next gen console 9so far from word of mouth0 will be very very capable of doing this type of animations and graphic smoothly without ANY hitch. unless they do not spend enough time with the console engine(in this case PS3)

I agree with Alberto.. Graphics should look like the intros we see in PES/WE. They are so damn good..

I wonder what does it take to make graphics like that..a complete new graphics engine or...something very superior..

nah.. wont look as good as the intros... i was talking to a programmer for pc video games, and he told me fmv quality is way outta reach when in gametime, ie. not anytime soon in real time,...
Im sure itll be heaps better than how it is now.. and i have to say i really like how it is now anwyays. All thatll happen is the resolution will get better, as well as an increase in frames whichll be great.. smoother..and greater more realistic animation.. i think the 3-D control will be incorporated, opening up a huge can of worms in terms of smoothness.... will be interesting to see how it turns out, cause unlike some here, i think the fact that WE is so great as a game, is cause of its simplicity and 8 way movement... as they say, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID... and i think thats been the genius of the WE series... only slight chances every new edition.. nothing drastic like fifa.. which always seem to shoot itself in the foot... and fifa cant undo the crap they have already done hahah..
which is a whole new topic...

btw.. anyone got the balls to do what im thinking.. ie. skipping an edition.. ie. play we8... skip we9..and then play we10.. so the amazing improvement factor is more so.. ahahha i dont think i could do it.. may ill miss we9LE..
but imagine that.. playing we8.. then just skipping a generation, ie. playing next version 2 or more years later on ps3... wow.. thatll impress u for sure :)
u can tell im bored... sorry bout the dribble hehehe

FMV level? No, I don't think so. Take a look at Half-Life 2 on PC and think around that area, as it's the best looking game ever made IMO. Of course by the time the next-gen systems roll around we may be further on again, but developers will only be starting out at that point and won't be able to squeeze all the power out that's in there (take a look at Winning Eleven 5 and compare it to Winning Eleven 8/PES4, graphically it's come on quite a bit).

I don't know if we'll see such a huge jump, I hope we do, one like we saw from PS to PS2. Go back and play a PS version of WE/PES now, and you will not believe just how ugly, how sluggish, and how robotic the whole thing looks. Although I think the current versions are starting to show their age a little, I can't imagine them ever looking ugly, sluggish, and robotic - hopefully one day they will. :)

Man its topics like this which have made evo web just any other forum not the superb one it once was. there was a time when each topic told you something new, something important or was just amusing. now since more versions of the WE franchise appears there seems to be an increase in registered users. prolly most of whom are just browsers and dont have a single post to their name, which doesnt bother anyone. they dont post stupid topics.
a topic like this, what can it achieve. "the gfx will be the best ever, WE LOVE U KONAMI, YOU'LL NEVER DISAPPOINT. konami rules!!!" or the hater "how can it be better i cant imagine it" blah blah blah.
thats all you're gonna get from this type of topic, until we step closer to next gen consoles we wont have an educated guess.

Sorry to pick on you Ladic, but it was one of the (IMO) pointless topics on evoweb which has made this forum almost boring.

diggi said:
I agree with Alberto.. Graphics should look like the intros we see in PES/WE. They are so damn good..

I wonder what does it take to make graphics like that..a complete new graphics engine or...something very superior..

A compete new graphics engine, plus the knowledge of what it can do.

One of the major problems WE had this time around was graphics. Meaning graphics affected gameplay, thus graphics were the culprit of the slowdown.

This should not be the issue as the graphics will be able to run FLAWLESSLY on the new PS3 system, causing NO slowdown whatsoever.

At that point if ANYTHING is wrong is soley the developers fault and we can then nit-pick. i didn't get as hot and heavy as so of you did with WE8's technical faults because i knew that the PS2 could only do so much. Once the PS3 comes there should be NO excuses...

aussiepesfan said:
nah.. wont look as good as the intros... i was talking to a programmer for pc video games, and he told me fmv quality is way outta reach when in gametime, ie. not anytime soon in real time,...
Im sure itll be heaps better than how it is now.. and i have to say i really like how it is now anwyays. All thatll happen is the resolution will get better, as well as an increase in frames whichll be great.. smoother..and greater more realistic animation.. i think the 3-D control will be incorporated, opening up a huge can of worms in terms of smoothness.... will be interesting to see how it turns out, cause unlike some here, i think the fact that WE is so great as a game, is cause of its simplicity and 8 way movement... as they say, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID... and i think thats been the genius of the WE series... only slight chances every new edition.. nothing drastic like fifa.. which always seem to shoot itself in the foot... and fifa cant undo the crap they have already done hahah..
which is a whole new topic...

btw.. anyone got the balls to do what im thinking.. ie. skipping an edition.. ie. play we8... skip we9..and then play we10.. so the amazing improvement factor is more so.. ahahha i dont think i could do it.. may ill miss we9LE..
but imagine that.. playing we8.. then just skipping a generation, ie. playing next version 2 or more years later on ps3... wow.. thatll impress u for sure :)
u can tell im bored... sorry bout the dribble hehehe

Have your seen RE4? How about ESPN's Football game? Those are prime examples of how real a game can come out looking almost like an FMV.

Plus games like half-Life 2 and doom 3 are just insane for the PC's specs now which in turn will be less powerful than the new gen. consoles in about two years.

we're talking serious stuff here. I would be completely surprised if the quality wouldn't jump into the beginning intros realm of WE. again it'd be a completel waste.

I guess we`ll have to wait and see when PS3 gets released..

I heard a rumor going on ..that when Winning Eleven reaches 11 meaning it comes to be called "Winning Eleven 11" there will be a name change.

hah cool rumour :)
i kinda like that..WE11
Btw..bout the espn's football looking close to fmv.. i havent played it or even seen it..but are u sure?? i cant imagine any game looking at that quality .. via gameplay that is. RE4 would be an easier game to make look very good..cause its no where near as complicated at a Soccer game, with all the AI and variables goin on during a game.

anyways, i remember when i first played a soccer game on the ps2, ie. iss... thats right..the kceo group.. ie the original makers of iss deluxe on snes.. im sure they were the original of this whole series.. and then some of the programmers switched to the kcet group to make isspro.. .. but anyways... i was so amazed with iss on ps2.. since i compared it to the great n64 version... the graphics where way better..even though it was a similar game...
then iss series got worse, and i tried pes for the fist time.. and new this was the real thing..

All i can say is the PS3 is "rumored" to be more powerful this time around than a current full fledged gaming PC.

btw has anyone seen what the ps3 will actually look like, and what the contollers etc will be like?? or when infact itll definately be released by.. i thoughtd be this year in Japan.. ill do a search.

yeah maybe but it will soon be over taken again, if it doesnt have upgrade opportunities, which i dont think itll have.

btw... i think the fmv's will be a piece of cake for the next gen consoles,
feel free to quote me on this when we discover the truth.

Check this out

EAnextgen_2.jpg

Check this out

This image is from EA and this is the quality at which they will be releasing games, so I don’t see why PES/WE can’t look like that football picture. (however if you say : American Football games have always looked better than Soccer games then ill agree with you)

BUT WOW LOOK AT THAT GRASS - THAT MUST BE A BILLION PIXELS ALONE

I`d be happy if PES/WE gets those incredible graphics from the intros.. couldn`t get any better than that...

fedagent said:
Man its topics like this which have made evo web just any other forum not the superb one it once was. there was a time when each topic told you something new, something important or was just amusing. now since more versions of the WE franchise appears there seems to be an increase in registered users. prolly most of whom are just browsers and dont have a single post to their name, which doesnt bother anyone. they dont post stupid topics.
a topic like this, what can it achieve. "the gfx will be the best ever, WE LOVE U KONAMI, YOU'LL NEVER DISAPPOINT. konami rules!!!" or the hater "how can it be better i cant imagine it" blah blah blah.
thats all you're gonna get from this type of topic, until we step closer to next gen consoles we wont have an educated guess.

Sorry to pick on you Ladic, but it was one of the (IMO) pointless topics on evoweb which has made this forum almost boring.

don't like the topic? just skip it. jeez.

hahah thats a rendered for sure.. ie. not real time.. not gameplay.. so ofcourse thatll look good..... but it wont be nearly this good gameplay... maybe in 5-10 years..

The ps3 will have cellchip technology, which will be one of the greatest leaps ever in the chip-industry world. And best of all, unlike the ps2, it will be easier to program for that kind of chip. I have not really the knowlegde to explain this, but here are some links:

Link 1

Link 2

So i think way better AI and graphics are definately to be expected when the first WE for the ps2 drops.

Half of the specs is already available.
PS3 is gonna be a fuckin monster.

I'm guessing the PS3 WE will be available in August of 2006. By then, we'll be seein double the quality of Half-Life 2.

jumbo: where the hell are you man >???> lol.. you`re not a post whore like you used to be B4 :).

I got laid off from my work so I have all the free time in my hands..

man, i got back into WE8J-L so i'm playin all the time :p

well, i'm actually doing some writing for my new WE site. Nothing fancy, just ARTICLES and shlt to spread the word about WE... :)

jumbo said:
Half of the specs is already available.
PS3 is gonna be a fuckin monster.

I'm guessing the PS3 WE will be available in August of 2006. By then, we'll be seein double the quality of Half-Life 2.
Just like the PS2 could 'fly a nuclear weapon' eh? :lol: Don't believe ANY of the shit you read, the only thing that's been announced is the CELL chip - they haven't even said which version of this chip will go into PS3. Until you see specs for the console itself, and see the console running something, all the hype is nothing more than just that.

You think we'll see double the quality of HL2 in 2006, just under 18 months away? There is no chance of that happening, absolutely none. IMO, even when PS3 reaches the end of it's cycle, developers won't have gotten enough out of it to make it looks twice as good as HL2, nevermind at launch!

Youre right ClassicD, and even if the hardware was so very special.. i seriously doubt that the programers could even a program the games at the high level people are goin on about.. why?? cause they havent had the chance to try due to current hardware capibilities..and once the hardware capabilities improve, then they need to test it out etc, etc, etc,... its a slow process. One things for sure though, there should be no slowdown whatsoever in the first few versions of WE on ps3.. thats what im excited about.. and the fact that konami can incorporate all those things they have put aside due to previous slowdown... eg. ref, lines men, trainers, better 3d crowd, and ofcourse the improved AI and overall gameplay stuff.. oops..now im getting excited hahah

Just for the record. I've seen the specs of the Cell. I'm not basing anything on hype.

HL2 is not that technologically advanced. Why? Because it was programmed to run on med-low PC with a decent Direct 9 card. If you want to see nice graphics, check out Unreal 3 and look no further.

Did you know that to run the Unreal 3 engine, you'd need the new GeForce 6 card?

Guess what - PS3's gfx will be based on GeForce 7. That's one whole generation ahead. Not to mention the "8" cell chips that will power the PS3. We're talking about advanced parallel processing here.

Are you trying to compare the PIV with 9800Pro that run HL2 with 'that'?

Thare's an at least 2 generational gap between what Half-Life 2 runs on and what PS3 will have.

What's the maxium # of players HL2 supports online? 32? 64 will be the standard on PS3. Now that's double the quality.

Half-Life 2 will probably end up a launch title for the PS3. And guess what? It'll end up just like Half-Life1 on the PS2 - with 3x the number of polyongs, higher bit textures and better A.I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom