Winning Eleven Next Gen on Xbox 360

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Thanks KAiWAi (from WEarePES)

From IGN:

"Michihiro Ishizuka, Konami
Ishizuka is head of Konami's production studio and has, in the past, worked to develop games like Winning Eleven and Silent Hill into major bands. "For the Xbox 360, the American and European markets are, of course, important, so for the most part we plan on developing titles that will sell in America and Europe." However, Konami does hope to work with Microsoft to release titles that help push the system in the Japanese market as well. Regarding Winning Eleven and Pro Baseball Spirits, two of Konami's other announced titles, he states that we can expect them some time after April. This doesn't mean that they will be released in April, of course, but Ishizuka does hope to have them out as soon as possible. He hinted that this year's Winning Eleven could end up with Online play."

cheers for the info Thomas.

Although its good to hear them chatting about the game, it still doesnt tell us anything new in terms of when its gonna be released. I mean we all knew it wasnt gonna be released before April, right?

For that I reckon there probably isnt a need for a new thread to be made about it imo, we already have two other threads titled WE Xbox 360 and WE next gen that this could of been posted into.

Previous statements had mentioned WE 360 wouldn't see a release till Q4 2006, so anytime after April is a bit earlier which is good. A bit worried about the "could end up with Online play" bit, the past two Pro Evolutions on Xbox had Live support so why wouldn't the new one?

Perhaps they're rebuilding it (at least a bit more than usual) after seeing the graphics on FIFA RTWC. You know I'm not a graphics person but the graphics in that game are so out of this world that maybe they thought this year they've got to work on the graphics as much or even more than the gameplay (not saying that's a good or bad thing). Or possibly they're sick of being outsold by a worse game because it has better graphics, and so they want to do something about it, now that a more powerful console is out.

Or actually, maybe they're rebuilding it because now they have the console power. Remember Seabass saying the AI had reached it's limits with the PS2's CPU? Perhaps they're going to rebuild it and add a lot more to the gameplay. Thinking about it, I think that's the more logical reason. The only reason I can think of that Live would be taken out for the time being is because they're rebuilding it, and it'll be added again at a later date when everything else is finalised.

Although, saying that, April's a bit close if that's what they're doing... But then I suppose they would have been working on it since before the 360 was out, seeing as PES5 has already been converted to XBOX format.

Last edited:
I still recon thats why we didnt see any Japanese release in March this year as they are working on the Xbox 360 version and probably the PS3 version.
They will be crap games anyway with good graphics just like the first Ps2 version.

They were not 'crap games'. As everyone always says, the first PS2 version was just the PSOne version with shiny graphics. Now people always moan about this fact yet the final PSOne version was widely regarded as one of the best ever made, quite how that works out I'm not sure.

No, pretty sure this is WE in Japan he's talking about when he mentions after April. He talks about that date right after the article mentions they're still trying to push the 360 in the Japanese market. The previous statement about it being set for Q4 2006 was definitely referring to the Japanese release, so it's probably safe to assume it'll hit there first.

Hey can you download an options file for the xbox 360. I am going to buy WE9I for xbox, but will hope to play it on my 360. I wanted to know how I could get an OF for it, if possible.

No you cannot download option files on to Xbox 360, there is no way to do it yet. Wrong thread anyway man, someone has asked this question in another thread.

DJ

Thats for Original Xbox and isnt compatible with Xbox 360 man. There currently is no way of porting across your old Xbox 1 Saves.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom