Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (DS, PC, PS2, PSP, X360)

jumbo said:
Once again,
give me a game that was coded to take advantage for it.

i could take any PC game and hook this contoller up and use the sensing function instead of d-pad to control whatever. no point. the difference between this and ds3 is that ds3's will actually be used properly. ;)

I think it was made for flight simulators. People still thought it was crudders.

The point being with these virtual controls is that there is no tactile feedback (made worse by the fact that there ain't no rumble feature). Although nintendo goes one better by considering the position in 3D space, the peeps at Joystiq have found the lack of feedback to be a lil odd. But still...I can be completely wrong so the jury is out.

One thing you have to admit...the introduction of the tilt sensor wasn't part of their plans. The loss of the rumble feature was a problem and some opportunistic Sony engineer thought it'll be a good idea to psuedo-rip the WiiMote. That spaceship game on show was adapted to use the controller - i.e. it wasn't part of the original idea to have that ability in game. The reason behind the lack of rumble features is a bit weak - especially when you consider that the WiiMote rumbles and has a speaker.

Soz...back on topic ;)

It'll be interesting to see how Konami adapts WE/PES for the Wii :D

JayD said:
Its not about being stupid though. Maybe they simply haven't had enough time with the PS3 or maybe Microsoft paid them handsomly for the exclusive as they know this is a sure fire way into the Japanese market.

well, do remeber people on here sayin that no way konami would make a diff version for ps3 and x360.

so i really doubt porting would take 6 months. ;)

Looks bad on the big screen.

Looks nice when the guy is actually holding the DS.

By the way, the WiFi feature has been known for some time now. It's official.

about Next Gen WE releasing first on the 360 in Japan before PS3

Seabass also believes that Pro Evo will help shift the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live in Japan when it launches – a view backed up by Ninety-Nine Nights producer Sangyoun Lee. “I think we’ll help the Xbox 360 in Japan because our game is so great!” laughed Seabass modestly.

it makes sense for Microsoft and could be a huge deal for them in Japan considering WE usually tops the charts there.

maybe this might happen..who knows. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.. probably at the TGS.

WE:Pes2007 > only for North America in january 2007 !!!
I find this proof on the konami's japanese website :

20060519_01.jpg

WE10 : Japan (only PS2)
PES6 : Europe (October 2006 > PS2, PSP, PC, DS, X360)
WE:Pes2007 : North America (January 2007 > PS2, PSP, PC, DS, X360)

Last edited:
Haha the yanks get the longest title name in the history of games :P

Surely the PC/Xbox360 versions of PES6 in october will be ports. I hope not though :(

Back
Top Bottom