Winning Eleven product manager: "We support all next-gen consoles"

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Winning Eleven product manager: "We support all next-gen consoles"

Konami's Winning Eleven (Xbox 360, PSP, Nintendo DS) series has made football lovers believe that there is a good football game out there that they could enjoy playing hours with. Every release is met with excitement and enthusiasm from football/gaming aficionados. Now, the game's associate product manager, Colin Ferris, chatted with 1UP about what's next for the series, what's missing from it, and what makes it kickass.

He mentions that one thing that he is proud of is their accomplishments on the Xbox 360 version. He shares that:

In fact, all the screens and videos we have used for marketing the 360 version have been created using the in-game engine. There's no need to touch up the video when it looks this good....We truly did build the 360 version from the ground up. I'll repeat: this is not a port of the PS2 game. Besides amazing graphics, the next generation of consoles allows us to get more realistic in terms of physics and gameplay. In order to take full advantage of new features in coming versions for next generation, the development team felt the need to start over and not burden themselves with code designed for the last generation

Now, the inevitable question - what is Konami's plans for the PS3? He divulges that "WE: PES 2007 will not be released on the PS3, but Konami does support all the next generation consoles. You'll have to wait and see for future announcements."

Ferris also shared that they have worked very hard on including the licenses for the teams that they know that their fan-base would want. Unlike FIFA, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 included all of the World Cup teams (FIFA excluded eight teams). He was also questioned about the lack of the USA National team license for a US release, which he answered by saying:

As with all sports games, licensing is always difficult. In the case of soccer, you have the leagues, the teams, and the team's sponsors all to deal with. Do we get everything we want? Absolutely not, otherwise every single team in the world would be in the game. However, we are very focused on increasing the presence of North American teams in the game. Personally, the addition of Argentina in WE: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 is one of my favorite new teams to play with.

You could check out the word-per-word account of the interview by clicking on our read link below.

http://ps3.qj.net/Winning-Eleven-product-manager-We-support-all-next-gen-consoles-/pg/49/aid/82560

Come on Konami it's time for the first news about Winning Eleven 11 on PlayStation 3 !!

In fact, all the screens and videos we have used for marketing the 360 version have been created using the in-game engine. There's no need to touch up the video when it looks this good....We truly did build the 360 version from the ground up. I'll repeat: this is not a port of the PS2 game. Besides amazing graphics, the next generation of consoles allows us to get more realistic in terms of physics and gameplay. In order to take full advantage of new features in coming versions for next generation, the development team felt the need to start over and not burden themselves with code designed for the last generation

sounds like fifa ea saying rather than konami

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What a load of BS, anyone who has played PES6 on a PS2/PC/Xbox can see instantly that PES6(360) is nothing but the PS2 game in 720p. i take that back, people that dont even play soccer games at all can instantly see its a HD PS2 game(yes, one of my friends that has never played soccer games saw me playing WE/PES2007 on the 360 and asked if I was playing a last-gen game).

Totally Agree it goes from the Speed of WE10 to a suddenly static PES6 which just happens to be the same speed as the Xbox 360 version.
Then not to mention the first released Adriano pics that the silly ppl on here claimed were originally in-game shots.

fuck this guy. PS3 owners DEMAND a soft release date for fuck sake!

Colin Ferris is an arse. Hes the head of the US department. Dont worry too much about what he says.

The big news will come from Japan. Thats where the big decisions get made, & more importantly its where the game gets made.

When Seabass talks then I will listen.

Colin Ferris is an arse. Hes the head of the US department. Dont worry too much about what he says.

The big news will come from Japan. Thats where the big decisions get made, & more importantly its where the game gets made.

When Seabass talks then I will listen.
I agree

When seabass talks its ussually a bunch of bullshit too about how he doesnt have the staff to cope with his 10 identicle releases a year and how the masterleague is perfection.

I think it is a lie to say that the 360 version is new from the ground up. Anyone can see that basically all animations are used from previous PES-games, and the 360 release of PES saw basically no news at all. I for one had hoped for analog controls or something of that nature, but what we got was a high-res PS2 version.

I don't doubt that they can make future versions really good if they work hard, but when I see PES6 being advertised with a "new feature", the spin deflection (when you have the ball and collide with a player, your player will spin around from the impact but still be able to come out with the ball on the other side), it is just wrong. The spin animation is in PES5, and it not a new move or feature at all, regardless of what they have done with it.

In my opinion, they should halt all releases for two years, and for the love of god, change the system of releasing 3 versions per year. Release the exact same game everywhere at once, and then spend the following year making a new one and/or making extra content/tweaks/patches available to all who have the game. The way it is now it seems that the last release of the game is the most complete, and anyone who bought a PES in a country that gets it early has an obsolete copy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom