Women's Football Thread

Re: FIFA Women's World Cup Germany 2011

The special one said:
Hahaha Ben, so after all, you wanna join us! Feel free to join the "sick pervert" crew! I know you're the most pervert one, yea don't tried to hide it, you were always asking for a new avatar!
i'm no pervert!.... i'm italian :P i'm naturally inclined to pursue beauty :D

anyway i'm loving this thread, especially since i have such limited knowledge of women's football. i haven't had a chance to seriously watch an entire match so far (when summer arrives i can't stand sitting in front of the tv for more than 5 consecutive minutes... i didn't even watch an entire copa america game yet!)...
... but i usually spend part of my afternoons in some sort of a beach resort, and the bar always has some women's world cup football matches going on on the tv.
i asked the bartender "not that i'm complaining, but why women's world cup instead of copa america?" and he quite simply shut me up with an irrefutable answer "are u kidding me? it's chicks playing football! if u can think of a better combination, please enlighten me!"
:COAT:
so i had a chance to watch some world cup action, and, although i didn't watch an entire match yet (only a few second halves), i gotta say i was seriously impressed by that usa team. boy those girls can play football! they're a bit rough when it comes to defending and they could use some lessons about defensive diagonals.... but my god, their offensive schemes are as sophisticated and well performed as they can get. hats off

just a few days ago i was watching the 2nd half of the usa brazil game with some friends. we were pondering how theese girls would litterally kick our asses on a football pitch.... and ironically enough, we all agreed that was quite arousing :P

Last edited:

i asked the bartender "not that i'm complaining, but why women's world cup instead of copa america?" and he quite simply shut me up with an irrefutable answer "are u kidding me? it's chicks playing football! if u can think of a better combination, please enlighten me!"
:COAT:
I love that answer :D

So the beauty Alex Morgan scored a beauty of a goal, as USA beat France to progress to the Final.

I can't wait to watch that goal :)

The USA team was lucky, it seems. France played well, hit the post and created many chances, especially through that talented girl Nacib. What a great playmaker!

finally saw this Morgan bird TSO always talking about. She likes pink eh? :LOL: USA was getting hammered all over the pitch but like mutd comes outing winning 1-3 :COAT:

She is a very good player Anasie, one of my favourites so far, FFF site compares him to Zidane and I think that's a very accurate comparison in my opinion. :)

Interesting fact about Alex Morgan. She scored his very first goal in a World Cup yesterday, on 13th July. The fact is, she's obsessed about the #13, she picked that number because of her childhood hero Kristine Lilly, US World Cup champion in 99, and it was a funny coincidence that she has scored her first WC goal in the 13th.

I pick the 13 in Euromillions ever since. :LOL:

Maybe I see you soon next February in the Algarve Cup Alex. ;)

I'm thinking in opening a permanent Women's Football Thread after the World Cup as I'm getting deeper and deeper into this. I don't know if you guys would like to comment in there but according to what I've seen during this World Cup maybe people would like to follow the girls all over the year, plus Eurosport will broadcast Champions League this year so, I don't know, it's up to you lads. ;)

Last edited:

I have found this women's world cup very fun to watch.....some good teams like France and Brazil technically speaking...except for Brazil's playacting...
USA look tough and very good down the wings.... and set pieces...
great to see japan in the Final and if they win after the horrible 2011 they have
had.....then great...

But the women's game has been good to watch....no boring defensive
tactics.....and very less cynical stuff....
just teams trying to play football....and some good goals too.

Good....looking forward to the Final...

Last edited:

Had the Japan Sweden game on in the background last night, didn't have high expectations but ended up watching most of it instead of doing what I should have been doing. Was really impressed by Japan, some very quick and technical players and they play some nice passing football. Totally outclassed Sweden. great 3rd goal by the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OpTCcBVSiI

Will probably try to watch the final now, should be interesting. Shame that the Japanese have no real 'lookers', though the camera did focus on quite a cute fan during last night's game.

So yesterday Sweden won 2-1, with a fantastic goal by that Swedish player Hammarström.
Here are the highlights for who missed, it's worth watching!

YouTube - Schwden 2-1 Frankreich - Frauen WM [Spiel um Platz drei]

For France, great assist by Gaëtane Thiney, one of the prettiest girls in this tournament :)

And today's the final! Would be interesting to see Japan coming out of the blue and winning it. But whoever wins is in good hands.

that final was a fantastic game of football, it had everything in it and i watched the whole game instead of watching that crappy brazil paraguay game.USA really should have won it with the chances they had but japan hung in and deserved to win the title considering they had the top scorer and won the fair play award in the tournament.

how you win fairplay award they got a red card today :LOL: they did well to hang in there great mentality . For the USA they were wasteful on chances but Morgan is my new favorite player the next nia ham but hotter (pretty in pink Morgan! )she is young and the future for the USA. :APPLAUD:

USA were lucky to beat Brazil and France after being outplayed....

but were the better team in the final...and lost...

But Japan deserve it ...after all that their country went through

they rode their luck and fought back valiantly..

Sawa....what a story....5 world cups...and now 5 goals and the MVP.

USA...already won 2 world cups....
so I am happy Japan won their first...

So it's done. Japan fully deserved the victory, congrats to their girls. Sad that USA didn't manage to hold their double match point but some defense issue plus an inspired Sawa where enough to destroy the American dream. Morgan didn't deserve to lose such way but I'm pretty sure she is going to win a World Cup in her football (should I say soccer?) career. If you go to Algarve next year I will meet you Alex! :TU:

that final was a fantastic game of football, it had everything in it and i watched the whole game instead of watching that crappy brazil paraguay game.USA really should have won it with the chances they had but japan hung in and deserved to win the title considering they had the top scorer and won the fair play award in the tournament.

+1

I rather watched this than the boring Copa América games. :YAWN:

@ bebo (or someone else) Do you know where to follow the American league? Damn, I can't live without these girls anymore. :LOL:

:LOL: Oqvist plays in her homeland at Linköpings FC (don't have a clue about this club :LOL:) You have to check Women's Champions League next season to keep following her bebo.

I saw that website too it's said that games are broadcasted by FOX, I will try to find some stream to see my bird playing. :P

Don't you think this team would kick Barça's ass? :P
162975_Dream_Team.jpg

Congratulations to Team Japan on this achievement! Although I am far from the women football (although before I watched it, but then stopped for some reason), but this match I watched with pleasure. The truth was very upset to see the Americans after the defeat, because I just support them. Well, the best womens win, well done Japaneses! :P

Morgan can't even do a proper thumbs up :ROLL: she is a poor mans Hope Solo :))

Moran's cuter but Hope's hotter in my opinion.

I think they should do a football tour, just those two. they should come to London, wear white tops a couple of sizes too small and then they teach me how to play football. Hopfully it rains, or out of nowhere all of the sprinklers will come on, we all slip over the 3 of us and try and scramble back upto our feet.

But what's this?! their tops aren't made of normal fabric, its some sort of fabric that deteriorates when water touches it!! oh how embarassing, I try to spare their blushes by holding them close to me and guarding them from prying eyes....then our eyes meet, we stare at eachother for what seems like an eternity, but is infact only a few seconds. Those few seconds is all it takes for them to realise they have an insatiable desire to do things to me that are indescribable on these forums....they want me and I'm not going to stop them!

Anyway.....

I think they should do a football tour, just those two. they should come to London, wear white tops a couple of sizes too small and then they teach me how to play football. Hopfully it rains, or out of nowhere all of the sprinklers will come on, we all slip over the 3 of us and try and scramble back upto our feet.

But what's this?! their tops aren't made of normal fabric, its some sort of fabric that deteriorates when water touches it!! oh how embarassing, I try to spare their blushes by holding them close to me and guarding them from prying eyes....then our eyes meet, we stare at eachother for what seems like an eternity, but is infact only a few seconds. Those few seconds is all it takes for them to realise they have an insatiable desire to do things to me that are indescribable on these forums....they want me and I'm not going to stop them!

Anyway.....

:D :P

:WORSHIP:

When I see SOLO I see my hand , so hand Solo for me...morgan needs to do more for my hand :P to be bother ...oops I mean Hope Solo for me

I assume Morgan would be seating on your lap and watching the dream team play Barca with you :P

Anyway.....
Did any of the teams swap shirts at the end?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:
i'm absolutely loving this thread

bobby, i reckon u might have a talent for cheesy softcore romance writing. i hear this sort of books sell like crazy, so u might wanna put this talent of yours to good use :P

Back
Top Bottom